Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2006, 11:47   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Sam too the rescue of my old man. Allow me to translate Toolish for you:
.................................................. ...
I now make a loud bassy sound, indicating my love and camarederie for my fellow men.

cant put more lols!!!!!!
Old 25th June 2006, 14:05   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Amusingly, it appears that there may never be a conclusion to this quest.
I think you've summed up the thread pretty well there, Sam.
Old 25th June 2006, 14:28   #333
Senior - BHPian

For the sceptics... Conclusion is only a fornight away!!
Sarcasm also has its place na... SPL!!!

Last edited by kb100 : 25th June 2006 at 14:30.
Old 25th June 2006, 15:46   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
For the sceptics... Conclusion is only a fornight away!!
I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll get your ICE fixed just right - the comments related to the discussions on the topic. To an outsider (to ICE) like me it looked like no matter how much money you spent on getting the best components, there were still suggestions that this wasnt necessarily the best way forward. It looked like the suggestions had only succeeded in taking your budget beyond the stratosphere (where it already is). I'm sure there is a perfect state that we can and should keep striving for, but thats if your ONLY wish in life is to be the owner of the coolest ICE pack. Given enough money, I'm sure there is enough equipment around to turn your car into a professional digital studio. THAT I am skeptical of and reserve my right to be sarcastic about.

I'm still waiting for a drive in 'Kb ka dB'.
Old 25th June 2006, 20:50   #335
Senior - BHPian

Man got the quotes for dls 3-way iridium and focal utopia 3-way and the great clarion hx-d2. Can any body confirm the price of the same ......

Please I am gonna purchase it in two days.........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 25th June 2006 at 21:02.
Old 25th June 2006, 21:04   #336
Senior - BHPian

Think teh clarion costs 80k
Old 25th June 2006, 21:05   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Think teh clarion costs 80k

Is it a confirm price. 80 k......
Old 25th June 2006, 21:29   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll get your ICE fixed just right - the comments related to the discussions on the topic. To an outsider (to ICE) like me it looked like no matter how much money you spent on getting the best components, there were still suggestions that this wasnt necessarily the best way forward. It looked like the suggestions had only succeeded in taking your budget beyond the stratosphere (where it already is). I'm sure there is a perfect state that we can and should keep striving for, but thats if your ONLY wish in life is to be the owner of the coolest ICE pack. Given enough money, I'm sure there is enough equipment around to turn your car into a professional digital studio. THAT I am skeptical of and reserve my right to be sarcastic about.

I'm still waiting for a drive in 'Kb ka dB'.
Steer.... If one has to go by the 'necessacity' or 'the need' of owning something or doing something this forum itself will become nascent...

I am equally sceptical about anyones' need to possess big cars, bigger cars, bigger and bigger mods - and the amounts of money spent fuelled only be a singular desire to gain a microscopic advantage over someone, somebody or something! ... given the state of our roads and traffic I feel its pointless spending insane amounts of money on increasing horsepower when its not going to get you anywhere faster! .. That said, invest in a Pete's box I did (based on advice here) !!- and the drivability it liberated is something I enjoy till date!... I dont think there is any logical or practical need for anyone to want to risk life and limb to climb Mount everest... for Sergei Bubka to keep trying and breaking HIS OWN records over and over again and again for over 20 years (BOY - what self-motivation!)

I was as excited as you to know you have a few hundred horses under the hood of your latest latest car - as I am sure there will be a plethora of ppl who might sceptical and sarcastic about your need to possess one and point out more practical ways of spending that money ! NISMO is NOT passe is it?

BUT

I respect someone's need or desire to do so... and when it comes to 'want' or 'desire', Money is no aspect ! I have always felt despite the money you seem have or been ready to spend on performance and related mods, the sound in your Safari is BAD ('hopeless' actually - sorry!) - but THAT is a personal opinion - the point is YOU are happy/satisfied or have not found the indaequacies motivating enough for you to want to spend any money on it!.. My scepticism or sarcasm has absolutely no place there!

I happen to like good sound - I feel that is something I can enjoy even in traffic snarls - perhaps even make me look forward to it! I even feel it has some THERAPEUTIC value!! ... What we have here is a PORCHE of an amp (I dont know if my comparison is right - the Gurus can correct me!) - and are now discussing what to mate it with ... no point in being all 'show' and no 'go' is there....

Lets disagree with things.. discuss our alternatives, the VFM angle, Hell lets even discuss our scepticism, the need ,the necessity, and just about eveything else.. BUT .. let us keep sarcasm out of it!

So contribute if you can... help if you WILL... or hold your peace for ever!

GUYs.. Keep this up and I'll turn into a Rudra! (Passionate prose!)
Old 25th June 2006, 21:40   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Is it a confirm price. 80 k......
Authorised Dealer price with bill and warranty in the US of A is 1,999/- USD .. MSRP on their website is 1,399/- ... Costs 60k in India I assume..
Old 25th June 2006, 22:02   #340
BHPian

That amp is definately a PORSCHE.. hehe maybe a Mclaren Even Maybe.... that is one hell of a high end baby.. its one of those legendery peices of electronic gear that im sure EVEN YOUR GRANDCHILDREN will thank you for.. and trust me... this amp will last that long.. in terms of build quality.. only Mcintosh and some other companies come to mind.. but anyway you look at it bro.. this amp is in EXTREMLY RARIFIED AIR .. very very elite bunch to be included in...2 big thumbs up bro.. for your passion for music.. ad passion for QUALITY !!.. hatts off... and DROOOOLLL hehehehe and i honestly dont belive that there is anything called spending too much on what you love.... thats just silly.... if that was the case .. we would never had had ferrari.. lamborghini.. or anything really truly spectacular... and just like someone really clever said.. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALITY...
and yes there is no end to this.. but thats why its freaking intresting.. dont you think ?? i mean if you had only 1 choiice.. how xrap would that be... .. so keep going bro... sometimes people wont understand you.. let it be.... ultimately.. we are building this for OURSELVES.. and thats about it .... .. i just dont like it when ppl say you have spent tooo much .. why cant they just say wow .. thats a nice system and i love the sound ??.... all i gotta say to them in that case is.... i made the money.. so im spending it... thats it !! only bit i dont appreciate.... what is it to them if you did spend even 10 lakhs on your car....!!!!
just stating my general feeling guys.. have met a lot of people wo have said this to me.. and it very strange.. instead of them saying somthing good.. they say stuff like this.. not a true AUDIOPHILE.. these are just my feelings and observations.. im not talking about anyone in perticular... just in general.. not a personal attack to anyone mods.. and im sorry if this did hurt anybody's feelings... but just exercising the right to free speech hehehehehehe
big big boom

Last edited by Tool : 25th June 2006 at 22:19.
Old 25th June 2006, 22:31   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I was as excited as you to know you have a few hundred horses under the hood of your latest latest car - as I am sure there will be a plethora of ppl who might sceptical and sarcastic about your need to possess one and point out more practical ways of spending that money ! NISMO is NOT passe is it?
Sujit

Bad choice for comparison - all those horses cost me less than your car + pete's + ICE.

Cheers
Old 25th June 2006, 23:34   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sujit

Bad choice for comparison - all those horses cost me less than your car + pete's + ICE.

Cheers
Totally awesome!! ... hopefully the Indian economy will openup..some day.....
Old 26th June 2006, 01:54   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sujit

Steeroid, I am not defending anybody or for that matter anyones spending habits. I am just voicing an observation that you do tend to visit this thread a lot, criticise one person in particular, and repeatedly take a crap on the very thing this whole section is about... I.C.E.

When do you this, you not only hurt the sentiments of the person you have been criticising repeatedly, but you have also hurt my sentiments... and probably others here who love this madness and spend every waking hour dreaming of this stuff. Now their budget may be 5k, 50k, 5L or beyond... their love of music, audio and cars is no less than any other.

You have voiced your opinion several times, and its clear you think everyone who spends more that 20k on ICE is a wasteful bugger with no appreciation for money. Like Tool, I would like to remind you that what they intend to do with their money is entirely their wish and while you are most welcome to your opinion, sarcasm and blatant criticism is not welcome here.

This is the ICE section of the forum. Full of folks who love this more than or as much as they love the horses under the hood of their car. Respect their passion, committment and if you cant help them, dont put em down.

I am glad you are in an environment where you can easily afford a performance machine for the money we spend on a basic car and accessories. Keep in mind that in your environment, our cars would cost less than yours. Now considering that income levels are lower in this part of the world and cars, ICE is more expensive, I would respect these guys even more.

So please keep an open mind, else you constant sneering will earn you a new name... Sneeroid. Please dont be offended by the above, like you, I too have an opinion...
Old 26th June 2006, 02:07   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Man got the quotes for dls 3-way iridium and focal utopia 3-way and the great clarion hx-d2. Can any body confirm the price of the same ......

Please I am gonna purchase it in two days.........
LBM, great choices of speakers. Which Focal Utopia are you considering, the BE's? Wow... those are fanatically expensive. The Iridium is also a nice set. I would also recommend you change your amplification, HU (which it seems you are) and subs.

As for the HU... you may have studied the HX-D2 manual. The XO and EQ capabilities are NOT as comprehensive as an H701. So while the manual mentions most aspects, some parts are a bit sketchy and you may discover some features are not what you presumed them to be. What it does do very well is CD playback, with great SQ...

I would also suggest you the Alpine 7998 HU... Why? It has similar SQ, but can also link to your H701 and use it as a processor. While the Alpine 7998 is as expensive as the HX-D2, it is no longer available abroad. But I know for a fact Supreme has a couple of them in stock... do check it out.
Old 26th June 2006, 08:17   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
JB and Gunbir took time out from their busy schedule to meet me. It was a learning experience. If you are considering Hertz, KB, take look at the Mille series of their speakers. Few companies (Focal, Boston Pro, Infinity Perfect, ScanSpeak, Morel Israel, excluded) have more complete catalogs.
Speaking of which, heres the Mille Catalogue...

http://rapidshare.de/files/24117657/...talog.pdf.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks