Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2023, 19:36   #301
BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Posted the Digipad 2.0 specs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DIGIPAD 2.0 SPECS.pdf (425.5 KB, 287 views)
SMSP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 10:33   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller_riz View Post
thanks @trailsndirt. It would surely void the warranty right ?
Technically, any modification can void the warranty. Especially if you get other bits added like the 360 camera setup.
If you have a good relationship with the service center, they may be able to help out but it'll be rare. Given the price difference, I'd still consider that as a replacement over the existing head unit or consider something like what Capuride offers. A separate screen to mount on top of the dash with the features you need.
Old 29th May 2023, 13:53   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailsndirt View Post
Technically, any modification can void the warranty. Especially if you get other bits added like the 360 camera setup.
If you have a good relationship with the service center, they may be able to help out but it'll be rare. Given the price difference, I'd still consider that as a replacement over the existing head unit or consider something like what Capuride offers. A separate screen to mount on top of the dash with the features you need.
I didn't know replacing the head unit would void warranty. I have installed head unit, 360 camera and 3 channel dvr without splicing a single wire. Would it still void warranty?
Old 5th June 2023, 12:16   #304
BHPian

Folks,
I am looking to upgrade my HY in my 2014 Skoda Rapid. I am going to keep the Car for 3-4 years more, for >4GB ram is preferred. And at the same time I don't wish to spend a whole lot.

After having the i10 Nios for a while now, I am kinda addicted to usage of Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.

Any directions in Delhi or Bangalore?
Old 13th June 2023, 08:05   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Just wondering can android stereo with front camera be used as dashcam? Have seen a couple of videos of android set ups with dual cannel camera
Posted the above query in Dashcam thread but did not get any response, hence posting it here. I am using Blaupunkt Santa Rosa.
Old 25th June 2023, 13:32   #306

After the official AV Unit crashed, I got a Brazo BMX PX 7000 in my 2017 City. This was my first time buying AV units, and I was required to buy something that supports Carplay, so I just went with whatever the authorized Honda AV unit dealer recommended for the car. It cost me 25K, including installation.

I could hear better sound, and the system's performance was much better than the stock system. However, I have a few questions for someone who might have faced & resolved similar issues.

- How do I map the voice control switch on the steering to initiate Siri in Carplay? Honda's official documentation on their website says that the same switch could launch Siri. However, I could not find a way to map the same switch to launch Siri via the switch mapping application that comes along with Brazo's Android implementation.

- The FM Radio auto search could not find all frequencies nor save them post-car restart. How do I fix it?
Old 4th July 2023, 15:35   #307
BHPian

Hello members,
I have a 2014 Skoda Octavia MT, In the recent years I have felt a need for having Apple Carplay in my car. My car does not get reverse camera as well. Thought of upgrading into a Columbus but it's going to cost a dear 1.2 Lakhs, Hence I'm looking for something like Sony, Pioneer and in that similar range. Can you guys suggest what can i look for,
Thank you.
Old 4th July 2023, 16:31   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Hello members,
I have a 2014 Skoda Octavia MT, In the recent years I have felt a need for having Apple Carplay in my car. My car does not get reverse camera as well. Thought of upgrading into a Columbus but it's going to cost a dear 1.2 Lakhs, Hence I'm looking for something like Sony, Pioneer and in that similar range. Can you guys suggest what can i look for,
Thank you.
You may consider Blaupunkt B910AU – San Andreas 970. It’s non android system and supports wireless car play. Being non android it’s not going to hang and throw tantrums as they age. Have been using it for over a year now on my crysta. The display is crisp, connects flawlessly and works like a breeze. No lagging, hanging or booting issues. Takes about 10 Secs from cold start to detect and connect wirelessly to iPhone. Blaupunkt India have a dedicated customer care support for stereos only. Should cost approximately Rs 30-32,000 offline. Online it’s dearer.
Regards
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 18:29   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
Posted the Digipad 2.0 specs.
as per the spec and feature list, the digipad 2.0 looks better, and I will pick an alpine HU any day, and at 15K, It's a steal.

Only remaining question is, will it be able to control ALL the steering buttons (eg call buttons)
Old 4th July 2023, 21:41   #310
BHPian

Quote:
You may consider Blaupunkt B910AU – San Andreas 970.
My Isuzu Mux came with this one. Unfortunately, I needed to use a 360°camera, and so I had to replace it.
Old 5th July 2023, 00:38   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
My Isuzu Mux came with this one. Unfortunately, I needed to use a 360°camera, and so I had to replace it.
San Andreas supports 360 degree camera. Mine has all the relevant wiring and input cables.
Old 5th July 2023, 07:22   #312
BHPian

Quote:
San Andreas supports 360 degree camera. Mine has all the relevant wiring and input cables.
The dealership wasn't sure. Nor were some of the accessory guys out there. Wouldn't it require an app for viewing?
Old 5th July 2023, 07:44   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Wouldn't it require an app for viewing?
I didn’t get it installed. I was told by my accessories guy that it will cost around 12000 INR and is a plug and play set up. There are videos on YouTube of San Andreas with 360 camera. There can’t be a separate app as it’s not an android based stereo.
Old 28th July 2023, 10:14   #314
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

My sister has an Honda BRV with the factory head unit and they want to upgrade to an Android unit.

The installation will be done by me. As of now we have following conditions -

1.) Currently she is in Los Altos USA so can buy locally.

2.) We need a simple install with other things being stock.

3.) We will not go with AMP or replacing the speakers.

4.) We want one to one replacement and also want steering controls to work.

5.) We need product of reputed brand.

6.) We need good sound quality output and the unit should have good hardware specs.

I am an old school guy so I am lost when looking online, therefore need help.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 17:10   #315
Senior - BHPian

Was looking for a suitable replacement unit for the stock Kenwood Head Unit that comes in my 2015 Pajero Sport (6 inch screen size). It would be great if someone could advise me on a stock replacement Head Unit that ticks all my boxes. My requirements:

1. Should have good sound output for a future speaker upgrade - Prefer a reputed brand like Pioneer, Sony etc..
2. Should support Android Auto, Apple Carplay and reverse cam and no other fancy features required
3. Stock steering media controls should be compatible
4. This could be weird - I want to keep things close to stock, so would love this stock Mitsubishi Motors splash screen on startup. I understand that most of the (Chinese) android HUs support this customization, but would an HU from these reputed brands support this?

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-img20230815070811.jpg

While the stock unit meets almost all my demands, the capacitive touch screen takes a lot of effort to operate and needs me to stop the car to operate some functions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks