Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2023, 12:52   #361
BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailsndirt View Post
I came across this:
https://internation.in/product/hyper...tereo-player/#

I have a Tucson 2017 which has decent infotainment with Android Auto and Apple Carplay but the ergos are bit off. Also, this model does not have 360 camera setup and with so few options, wondering if anyone has come across this offering for your vehicles.

On another vehicle I had installed a headunit system from HiWoodman which came with a 360 camera setup but they do not have a compatible system for the Tucson.
Did you install that 360 cam in your Tucson? I am asking as I am also keen. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th December 2023, 13:05   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Did you install that 360 cam in your Tucson? I am asking as I am also keen. Thanks in advance.
Nope.
Might consider it in 2024 or if any other options show up.
Old 27th December 2023, 18:01   #363

Is there some place where I can buy a plug and cable to connect to the socket on the back of a head unit?
Old 28th December 2023, 17:48   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil View Post
Is there some place where I can buy a plug and cable to connect to the socket on the back of a head unit?
I have been given to understand that I will have to look in the scrap market.
Old 29th December 2023, 12:58   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been given to understand that I will have to look in the scrap market.
What kind of cable are you looking for ? Like :
  1. USB
  2. GPS Antenna
  3. Steering Control adapter
Old 29th December 2023, 16:29   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
What kind of cable are you looking for ? Like :
  1. USB
  2. GPS Antenna
  3. Steering Control adapter
None of those. I replaced the HU in my WagonR. Now I have a customer ready to buy the old HU and fit in his Bolero. The HU has a connector socket at the back that connects to the battery and speakers. He needs a plug and cable so he can connect the HU to his battery and speakers in the Bolero. He says if he gets the cable he will connect it up himself.
Old 29th December 2023, 23:01   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
connector socket at the back that connects to the battery and speakers. He needs a plug and cable so he can connect the HU to his battery and speakers in the Bolero.
For OEM HU, it would not be worth purchasing this adapter and cable. It costed around 2k for custom adapter for one of the HUs (to fit in Toyota Etios).
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 18:28   #368

Hello fine people of Team-BHP!

I recently got a MG Comet Base Variant for my mom's city commute and am looking for suggestions to use Android Auto inside the car.

The car doesn't come with a head unit neither does it have the space to mount one hence I'm looking at portable screen options which display wireless Android Auto/CarPlay.

I wanted to get recommendations for the same as the ones I'm seeing on Amazon and other sites are expensive (INR 20k+) and don't seem to have good reviews.

Any suggestions regarding these screens are welcome

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2024 at 12:47. Reason: spacing and formatting
Old 4th January 2024, 14:28   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
For OEM HU, it would not be worth purchasing this adapter and cable. It costed around 2k for custom adapter for one of the HUs (to fit in Toyota Etios).
I thought the connector at the back of the HU is pretty standard.
Old 4th January 2024, 19:18   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought the connector at the back of the HU is pretty standard.
Pin layout for speakers and power is a quasi standard. Most automakers extend it to include Steering Input and other things in the same harness.

E.g: https://www.amazon.in/RED-WOLF-1992-...dp/B08XK4RXFD/ this is Toyota specific. There are similar for VW/Skoda.
Old 9th January 2024, 22:13   #371

Guys, the aftermarket head unit on my City has a weird problem.

To activate Apple Car play I need to connect and reconnect the usb cable a few times. This is entirely random and sometimes I need to reconnect the cable half a dozen times for the car play to activate.

The unit is Nippon Ndroid 9 Pro. Any inputs / suggestions to fix this issue?
Old 23rd January 2024, 11:59   #372

The Android Auto HU I installed in my car has Zlink which runs the Android Auto/Car play server and my phone connects to it using bluetooth. I have observed that Zlink apk is available for download. Not sure how safe it is to install on a Android HU.

My daughter's WagonR 2023 ZXi has the aftermarket Brazo android HU installed. This offers mirroring which is not as convenient as Android Auto.

Would it work as Android Auto if I download and install Zlink on it? Is the apk safe and free of malicious software? Has anyone tried it?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2024 at 12:47. Reason: spacing and formatting
Old 29th January 2024, 00:55   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
Team BHP,

I had been having issues recently with my Honda Digipad 1.0 (Blue tooth hanging some times and bubble formation increasing on the touch screen) in my 2017 Honda city face lift ZX car and I raised a complaint with Honda. I received a reply from Honda offering installation of Digipad 2.0 at 70% discount costing Rs.14343 + Rs.500 for labour. I have attached the Digipad 2.0 features and spec. shared by Honda.
Appreciate feedback on this whether to go for this offer and also want to know regarding performance of Digipad 2.0?

any update on this? was the complaint raised with Honda ASS or directly writing to the company? I have a similar make City too with a knocked out digipad 1.0, but even when I asked for options, I have not been given an option to upgrade to digipad 2.0
Old 29th January 2024, 08:00   #374
Senior - BHPian

The stock unit on my Gurkha was a bit small for my liking. I wanted something which was close to 9" for easy viewing as I extensively use google maps. Choose Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900. I wasn't ready to spend anything more than 10k, but didn't get any good options other than some cheap Chinese stuff. The main USP which i liked was "Certified" Apple Car play. All in all paid 26K with installation. Haven't upgraded the speakers as I wanted to go one step at a time.
The Gurkha came with a Kenwood stock Unit, which i transferred to my 2013 Wagon R Vxi. The Wagon R came with a very basic HU. Since the car was used in city, i heavily rely on Google Maps to understand the traffic conditions. Procured the LXi HU mounting frame from Boodmo which made the HU installation close to OEM.
Attached Thumbnails
The Android Head-Unit buying guide-gurkha.jpg  

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-wagon-r.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 21:51   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerPlanet View Post
any update on this? was the complaint raised with Honda ASS or directly writing to the company? I have a similar make City too with a knocked out digipad 1.0, but even when I asked for options, I have not been given an option to upgrade to digipad 2.0
Hi,

I had raised an email complaint and followed-up by calling the Honda customer care multiple times - I got the Digipad 2.0 installed in my car with the nearest Honda service center and it is working fine so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks