Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 12:08   #331
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3p View Post
I recently purchased an Android head unit from Aliexpress and had it installed in my Innova Crysta 2.8z through an accessory shop. However, they were not able to map the steering wheel controls.

Could someone please recommend a good installer located in or around Thane, Maharashtra?
Not exactly Thane, but I have heard good reviews about Reliable Radio, Lamington Road. In Vashi, you can go to Paras Car Decor in Sector-17(next to VIG car accessories). The shop owner is Suresh Oberoi and the name of the guy who does the work is Javed. I recently got the Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT installed in my Figo from them. The mapping of the steering control was a challenge but he was very patient and helpful and was able to map the controls after trying for almost an hour. It is better to reach the shop by 11-11:30, preferably on a weekday, to ensure that your car is the first one on which they start working.

Btw, how did you order from Aliexpress? Are they shipping to India? Can you specify the model, make and the specs of your HU? Can you also share the buying link?

Do let me know how it goes.

Last edited by AYP : 20th October 2023 at 12:10.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 13:30   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Not exactly Thane, but I have heard good reviews about Reliable Radio, Lamington Road. In Vashi, you can go to Paras Car Decor in Sector-17(next to VIG car accessories). The shop owner is Suresh Oberoi and the name of the guy who does the work is Javed. I recently got the Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT installed in my Figo from them. The mapping of the steering control was a challenge but he was very patient and helpful and was able to map the controls after trying for almost an hour. It is better to reach the shop by 11-11:30, preferably on a weekday, to ensure that your car is the first one on which they start working.

Btw, how did you order from Aliexpress? Are they shipping to India? Can you specify the model, make and the specs of your HU? Can you also share the buying link?

Do let me know how it goes.
I ordered and got it delivered to Canada. I don't think they ship to India anymore. The specs are 10 inch QLED, 8 core, 8 GB RAM & 128 GB internal storage. The product can be found here - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...364d1802ALAVQz

The unit is quite responsive and supports running two apps simultaneously. It comes with wireless Carplay and wired AA.
de3p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 13:55   #333

Quote:
I recently purchased an Android head unit from Aliexpress and had it installed in my Innova Crysta 2.8z through an accessory shop. However, they were not able to map the steering wheel controls.

Could someone please recommend a good installer located in or around Thane, Maharashtra?
New innova crysta need canbus for proper functioning. Contact a nearby experienced installer.
Old 26th October 2023, 20:30   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoxpert View Post
New innova crysta need canbus for proper functioning. Contact a nearby experienced installer.
Sorry for not clarifying in the initial post. My Crysta model is 2.8z Touring Sport 2017. Do you think this model requires a Canbus too? As from my research, models after 2021 require Canbus.

Thanks for your help!
Old 29th October 2023, 01:13   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for not clarifying in the initial post. My Crysta model is 2.8z Touring Sport 2017. Do you think this model requires a Canbus too? As from my research, models after 2021 require Canbus.

Thanks for your help!
Needed a CANBUS connector for my 2016 Skoda Rapid to get the steering controls working.

I guess most modern cars have a CAN BUS (centralized communication system) but we need a "CAN BUS connector" that connects the stereo unit with the centralized CAN BUS. So that all the messages/events/commands are also passed to the head unit and available for display - e.g. steering controls, information like door status, fuel consumption etc.
sat123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 06:41   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Here are 3 ways to find out the real specs of these devices
Real eye opener! I never knew CPU-Z results can be manipulated. Now the real question is: which budget brand delivers the specs it promises?
Old 31st October 2023, 22:25   #337
BHPian

Attaching pictures of my reverse cam from Woodman which was part of my stereo bundle. Extremely poor quality. They gave me two cameras as a deal, one for another car of mine. The extra one never worked. The one that i got as part of my bundle is pathetic.
Woodman X1 Android Music Player with QLED | Wireless CarPlay (Octa Core / 2GB / 32GB)
Woodman Moving Lines Car Rear Parking Camera (Night Vision)
See pics
Attached Thumbnails
The Android Head-Unit buying guide-20231031_191005.jpg  

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-20231031_191012.jpg  

diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 17:53   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Attaching pictures of my reverse cam from Woodman which was part of my stereo bundle. Extremely poor quality. They gave me two cameras as a deal, one for another car of mine. The extra one never worked. The one that i got as part of my bundle is pathetic.
Woodman X1 Android Music Player with QLED | Wireless CarPlay (Octa Core / 2GB / 32GB)
Woodman Moving Lines Car Rear Parking Camera (Night Vision)
See pics
There are two types of aftermarket cameras available.
1.CVBS/NTSC
2.AHD (available in 720p and 1080p)
CVBS is most common type of camera. AHD can provide a better picture. Quality of sensor also matters.

Your camera might be CVBS/NTSC.
Old 7th November 2023, 09:44   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoxpert View Post
There are two types of aftermarket cameras available.
1.CVBS/NTSC
2.AHD (available in 720p and 1080p)
CVBS is most common type of camera. AHD can provide a better picture. Quality of sensor also matters..
I have an older (2015) OE Kenwood headunit and the OE reverse cam which I suspect is an NTSC/CVBS cam with outdated output quality. Will I be able to replace the cam with an AHD one and get a better clarity with the same HU? Assuming the connector is the same? Have seen a model from Blaupunkt.
Old 7th November 2023, 10:06   #340
Senior - BHPian

Is there an aftermarket mic (superior than stock mic) available for these Android head units?

I guess all these HUs of all brands all have same connections at the rear.

A friend recently bought one and is not happy with the mic.

Can something like this be installed?

https://amzn.eu/d/26M2hVN

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 7th November 2023 at 10:17.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 16:36   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I have an older (2015) OE Kenwood headunit and the OE reverse cam which I suspect is an NTSC/CVBS cam with outdated output quality. Will I be able to replace the cam with an AHD one and get a better clarity with the same HU? Assuming the connector is the same? Have seen a model from Blaupunkt.
you are right Connectors are same. Old models might not support AHD. If you want to continue with the same head unit, just go for a high quality CVBS/NTSC camera.
Autoxpert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 22:55   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
Real eye opener! I never knew CPU-Z results can be manipulated. Now the real question is: which budget brand delivers the specs it promises?
I was using canblo Explod 3 for last 2 years. Recently upgraded to canblo F8 pro, its 2K display is superb. All the specs are exactly the same as they claimed. I have tested using various apps available in play store.
Attached Thumbnails
The Android Head-Unit buying guide-whatsapp-image-20231109-10.52.12-pm.jpeg  

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-whatsapp-image-20231109-10.52.13-pm-1.jpeg  

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-whatsapp-image-20231109-10.52.13-pm.jpeg  

Old 12th November 2023, 12:04   #343
BHPian

I am looking to upgrade the stock audio unit on my Nissan Sunny with an Android unit. It has to preferably have as clean a fit as possible - either fitting snugly into the existing space, or, has a compatible frame to cover any gaps. It also has to be plug-and-play with the existing steering audio controls.

I've looked at a few Woodman units that promise the above two, but after reading about their sneaky tactics to fudge the hardware and/or software specifications, I am no longer sure I want to buy their products.

Other products for which I have seen favourable feedback are:

* Blaupunkt San Marino 330
* Alpine iLX-W650E
* Sony XAV-AX7000
* Pioneer DMH-Z5290BT

If anybody has or knows someone who is happy with their after-market unit on their Nissan Sunny, please do let me know. If you can recommend a good installer based in Hyderabad, then even better. Thank you so much for your time!

Last edited by arnieshwartz : 12th November 2023 at 12:15. Reason: Updated content
Old 12th November 2023, 17:18   #344
BHPian

I came across this:
https://internation.in/product/hyper...tereo-player/#

I have a Tucson 2017 which has decent infotainment with Android Auto and Apple Carplay but the ergos are bit off. Also, this model does not have 360 camera setup and with so few options, wondering if anyone has come across this offering for your vehicles.

On another vehicle I had installed a headunit system from HiWoodman which came with a 360 camera setup but they do not have a compatible system for the Tucson.
trailsndirt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 13:05   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailsndirt View Post
This URL shows many options some of which are Apple Airplay + 360 degree camera + etc. etc..

Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 - It mentions that it can support 360 degree camera (It supports Android Auto, Airplay, Navigation etc.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks