Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2023, 18:00   #316
BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Does anyone know of any good mic to use for Blaupunkt New York 750? The mic that came with it is too low on audio and the other person can barely hear me on phone calls. I tried all gain settings, reset / restore, even bought a new aftermarket mic but the problem still persists. Even tried changing mic position in the car but to no avail. Any suggestions?
Old 25th August 2023, 15:53   #317
BHPian

Off late, Onkyo has entered the Android HU market. Does anyone here have any experience with their HUs? Strangely, I did not find any official website but this is what I could find using Google.

I have seen that the Onkyo X-QD1800 is their top of the line model and the specifications are truly impressive.
Old 10th September 2023, 18:18   #318
Senior - BHPian

I have installed Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 on my Tata Tigor sometime in 2019. It's a 9 inch Android 6 version with 2 GB DDR3 memory + 16GB Flash storage.

After downloading a couple of apps, especially Navimaps & another couple of apps, the system became slow and any app update thereafter used to take a long time.

Now, after reading about checking the memory etc. using the app CPU-Z, I just checked it and found the readings as follows:

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-img_20230910_173913.jpg

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-img_20230910_173730.jpg

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-img_20230910_173923.jpg

On the paper, the memory is written as 2GB but actually it had only 805 MB and instead of 16 GB internal storage, the actual memory shows as just 3.87GB?

I am shocked to see a premium company like Blaupunkt not able to live with the figures as they mention on their product label, how can we expect cheap and unknown Chinese brands will maintain what they say in the paper.
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 20:06   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
On the paper, the memory is written as 2GB but actually it had only 805 MB and instead of 16 GB internal storage, the actual memory shows as just 3.87GB?
http://deviceinfohw.ru/devices/item.php?item=34324

Something seems wrong here. If SOC was correctly detected, 1 GB RAM is correct but storage should still have been 16 GB.

Can you raise this as a query with Blaupunkt .. they might acknowledge this error and possible do something to resolve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I am shocked to see a premium company like Blaupunkt not able to live with the figures as they mention on their product label, how can we expect cheap and unknown Chinese brands...
Blaupunkt is a Chinese brand. Company filed for bankruptcy in 2016 and now the Brand is used by more than 40 companies including Chinese ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaupunkt
NetfreakBombay is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 20:37   #320
BHPian

Here are 3 ways to find out the real specs of these devices:

JoaTMoN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 08:48   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
http://deviceinfohw.ru/devices/item.php?item=34324

Something seems wrong here. If SOC was correctly detected, 1 GB RAM is correct but storage should still have been 16 GB.

Can you raise this as a query with Blaupunkt .. they might acknowledge this error and possible do something to resolve it.
I have decided to change the unit hence it is of no point taking up the issue with Blaupunkt now. Also, the shop guy has promised to take back this old unit, but not disclosed how much he is going to pay for it.

Quote:
Blaupunkt is a Chinese brand. Company filed for bankruptcy in 2016 and now the Brand is used by more than 40 companies including Chinese ones.
I was not aware of this fact.
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 14:02   #322
Senior - BHPian

Any one heard about an android brand called ''HOD'' (High On Drive)? Not able to see proper reviews on the YouTube. The local shop quoting a price of Rs.35000 including Sony Camera's (seems bit high).

Any opinion/comments on this unit?
Old 16th September 2023, 19:27   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaupunkt
The page says, "After the 2011 take-over, Blaupunkt became a managed brand name, with all production outsourced to China.". Does this alone mean it's a Chinese company? By that standard, even Apple can be considered a Chinese brand, isn't it?
Old 16th September 2023, 19:48   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
"After the 2011 take-over, Blaupunkt became a managed brand name, with all production outsourced to China.". Does this alone mean it's a Chinese company? By that standard, even Apple can be considered a Chinese brand, isn't it?
This part in the bold is the key. If you are making a ceiling fan, you would not expect to be able to buy rights to use Apple brand name and logo.

With new ownership of Blaupunkt you can use this brand for any product by licensing it.

In 2016, Bluapunkt got bankrupt and brand was bought by a different company. It does not make anything, just licenses the brand.
NetfreakBombay is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 21:17   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
The page says, "After the 2011 take-over, Blaupunkt became a managed brand name, with all production outsourced to China.". Does this alone mean it's a Chinese company? By that standard, even Apple can be considered a Chinese brand, isn't it?
Blaupunkt is basically like MG.

There is a difference between a Chinese company and a company that manufactures in China.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 13:15   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone have recent experience with Blaupunkt units?
I am looking to buy the Newport beach 370:

https://www.amazon.in/BlAUPUNKT-Capa...878257552&th=1

Not an audiophile per se, but want maps, spotifyn etc.
Old 1st October 2023, 17:57   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Does anyone have recent experience with Blaupunkt units?
I am looking to buy the Newport beach 370:

https://www.amazon.in/BlAUPUNKT-Capa...878257552&th=1

Not an audiophile per se, but want maps, spotifyn etc.
Recently I replaced my Skoda Rapid 2016 stock head unit with Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 which has Apple Car Play (which supports Google Maps, and Spotify) & Android Auto; the device itself is powered by Android OS and supports the direct installation of apps like Youtube, Alternative apps for Navigation etc.

https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/Car-Audi...900-9inch/365/

But the resources like RAM and storage should be enough for Android OS to prevent lags.

It seems they are providing 2 year warranty if you purchase from the Car Accessories dealer and the warranty is not valid if purchased online.
sat123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 15:17   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat123 View Post
Recently I replaced my Skoda Rapid 2016 stock head unit with Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 which has Apple Car Play (which supports Google Maps, and Spotify) & Android Auto; the device itself is powered by Android OS and supports the direct installation of apps like Youtube, Alternative apps for Navigation etc.
Does it have in-built Google Maps, or can you install Google Maps from Play Store? Was a GPS antenna included in the package? I am considering purchasing this unit if it can support offline navigation without using Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Thanks!
Old 18th October 2023, 12:45   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat123 View Post
It seems they are providing 2 year warranty if you purchase from the Car Accessories dealer and the warranty is not valid if purchased online.
It's printed on the box + warranty card. Also, you need to register the device with Blaupunkt India with 15 days of purchase for the warranty to be valid.
Old 19th October 2023, 09:25   #330
BHPian

I recently purchased an Android head unit from Aliexpress and had it installed in my Innova Crysta 2.8z through an accessory shop. However, they were not able to map the steering wheel controls.

Could someone please recommend a good installer located in or around Thane, Maharashtra?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks