Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 16:10   #286
BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
You mean Android Auto / CarPlay ? Mirror link was an old hack, Android Auto / Apple CarPlay are more mainstream and supported.
Yes, android auto, car play, and web link (For screen mirroring) all are supported in the above-mentioned model of Sony Head Unit.
A few people prefer weblink (mirrorlink) as in android auto/apple car play, videos cannot be played.
X-Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 22:21   #287

Can anyone give a feedback about bootime, long term performance and display quality of Blaupunkt San Andreas 970 ??
I am planning to get it installed on my Nexon.
ramprakashram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 08:13   #288
BHPian

Hi,

Looking for a basic, but reliable Android Head Unit for my Old Ertiga.. intention is not to invest a lot as i don't intend to keep the car for long.. any recommendations?

Android Auto would be great, but I understand it's expensive.. a local accessories guy is offering me Moto Sonic (never heard that one before nor do i find anything much on Google) for 12.5k with Android Auto and CarPlay.. with their more basic version available for 9.5k.. any opinions on this brand/device?

Any reliable people i can speak to in Bangalore or get it done from -- recommendations welcome!!

Thank you

Vikram
Old 4th March 2023, 12:34   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Saint View Post
The best is the AGAMA launcher. The in-built launcher is not up to my liking. In agama, there is a lot of customization available along with the theme and logo of your car. Refer to the pic.
Hi,

Thank you for this info.. does the Agama launcher give an option of security or lock to the device? I have an Android HU, but was looking for an app which can secure the device in case i give it for service etc.

Thank you

Vikram
Old 6th March 2023, 09:50   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv4u View Post
Hi,
does the Agama launcher give an option of security or lock to the device

Thank you

Vikram
Agama launcher does not provide any lock kinda interface, however you can install any screen lock, app lock application from play store.
Old 10th April 2023, 08:49   #291
BHPian

Quote:
As far as brand is concerned, installer clearly said that these all are Chinese imported rebagged systems. However the brand name is GVAA.

Also with the help of inbuilt DSP one can fiddle around a lot with sound and select the best output upto one's liking.

Cost wise I paid him 25K including GVAA (replacement/upgraded HU), Blaupunkt Reverse Camera, Blaupunkt Horns, RD security systems remote locking with 2 flip keys.
How has the performance been ? I'm planning to change the stock system of my XUV500 and looking for a decent android system.
Old 10th April 2023, 16:41   #292
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,
Planning to spruce up my old lady - a 2013 Toyota Corolla Altis VL AT. Planning a headunit upgrade to a 9" Android system, I have recently changed the stock speakers with JBL ones but the sound quality has not resulted in any audio quality improvement.

I don't plan to spend too much and am not particular about brands too. If I can get something with good specs around 10-12K, I'll be happy. I also have to get the seat covers changed.

Do share.

Thank you
Hiren
Old 21st April 2023, 12:48   #293
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.

HU of my Grand i10 died few days ago. My wife uses this car for nearby places. This HU was used only for Bluetooth calls which were crystal clear, much better than Honda City's Digipad and way more better than my Honda City's Android HU (Blockbuster BBT-401 4GB/32GB) with external mic.

I am not planning to keep this Grand i10 for long time. So, I want to spend minimum for this. Priorities are good Bluetooth calls and good looks (even OEM looks are fine).

So, what are my options now?

1. Buy a new basic Android HU (2/32) without Android Auto/Apple Car Play. But the Bluetooth calls are not clear on these. Please suggest brand/source/price.

2. Get OEM HU repaired.

3. Buy an OEM HU from OLX for 1.5k-2.0k (who upgraded their HU) or from car accessory shops.

My preferred option is to get a new Android HU but I don't like call quality on these HUs.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 11:55   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
How has the performance been?
Performance is absolutely awesome. All apps open instantly. Voice commands work flawlessly. Wireless Android auto and apple car play works very well.
Old 13th May 2023, 23:07   #295
BHPian

Quote:
As far as brand is concerned, installer clearly said that these all are Chinese imported rebagged systems. However the brand name is GVAA.

For speakers, am using company provided component speakers without amp or sub woofer. However this system has improved bass almost 30% more than company fitted HU.
Also with the help of inbuilt DSP one can fiddle around a lot with sound and select the best output upto one's liking.

Cost wise I paid him 25K including GVAA (replacement/upgraded HU), Blaupunkt Reverse Camera, Blaupunkt Horns, RD security systems remote locking with 2 flip keys.
I got a quotation of 11K for just the HU replacement with frame and labour charges with the same OEM reverse camera. Do you think it's too low?
Old 18th May 2023, 15:24   #296

Apple Car Play Head Unit for Scoda Rapid TSI

Hello Friends,

I own a Scoda Rapid TSI 2020 model. Since this is the base version, it has a very basic head unit with dash based controls. I'm now looking for upgrading it to a fully functional Apple Car play integrated Head Unit. Do you folks have any suggestions on the same ?

A bit more background, I check on the same at the time of delivery of the vechile in 2020 at HSR Bangalore showroom. They told me that the same can be upgraded by paying ~ INR 40,000 which I found to be too costly.

Now after about 3 years the bug has again bitten me again to have a Head Unit with Apple Car Play.

One last point, it would be be great if the option does break my scoda warranty for which there is still ~ 1 year left. I'm also planning to take 2 years extended warranty before the end of standard warranty.

Thanks to everyone in advance,
Old 21st May 2023, 10:40   #297
BHPian

Re: Apple Car Play Head Unit for Scoda Rapid TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller_riz View Post
Hello Friends,

I own a Scoda Rapid TSI 2020 model. Since this is the base version, it has a very basic head unit with dash based controls. I'm now looking for upgrading it to a fully functional Apple Car play integrated Head Unit. Do you folks have any suggestions on the same ?

A bit more background, I check on the same at the time of delivery of the vechile in 2020 at HSR Bangalore showroom. They told me that the same can be upgraded by paying ~ INR 40,000 which I found to be too costly.

Now after about 3 years the bug has again bitten me again to have a Head Unit with Apple Car Play.

One last point, it would be be great if the option does break my scoda warranty for which there is still ~ 1 year left. I'm also planning to take 2 years extended warranty before the end of standard warranty.

Thanks to everyone in advance,
I have a unit from HiWoodman on my 2014 Yeti.
All steering controls work fine and the unit has Android Auto and Carplay.
The connectivity is good when the phones are plugged in but also work wireless (though not great).
https://hiwoodman.com/android-car-st...r-skoda-rapid/
trailsndirt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 10:41   #298

thanks @trailsndirt. It would surely void the warranty right ?
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:15   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan1511 View Post
I got a quotation of 11K for just the HU replacement with frame and labour charges with the same OEM reverse camera. Do you think it's too low?
If the configuration is the same as I mentioned in my earlier posts, the quote is really very very competitive.
Old 27th May 2023, 19:34   #300
BHPian

Team BHP,

I had been having issues recently with my Honda Digipad 1.0 (Blue tooth hanging some times and bubble formation increasing on the touch screen) in my 2017 Honda city face lift ZX car and I raised a complaint with Honda. I received a reply from Honda offering installation of Digipad 2.0 at 70% discount costing Rs.14343 + Rs.500 for labour. I have attached the Digipad 2.0 features and spec. shared by Honda.
Appreciate feedback on this whether to go for this offer and also want to know regarding performance of Digipad 2.0?
Attached Thumbnails
The Android Head-Unit buying guide-digipad-2.0-features.jpeg  

SMSP is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks