Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 18:19   #136
BHPian

I have a query.. when I poweroff my car, the headunit (7950UB) automatically comes down.. how do I disable this?
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:24   #137
BHPian

There is an option in this special menu. Now I can't remember how to bring that menu up, (and can't find it in the manual). But it had something to do with keeping the jog dial pushed in (or up or right or left or down - try all) while turning on the HU. Will try it sometime on my 6050 (should be similar) and let you know if I find it. Meanwhile try this.
Old 24th March 2008, 09:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

@MaxX - Switch off the HU. Now press the jog dial, keep it pressed, until you get to the special menu. Now rotate the jog dial to show FACE OPEN - ON. Press the jog dial. It should show OFF as the status. You can also turn the warning tone off this way(it is probably the next menu item).

Exit the menu using the band or source button and you are done.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:08   #139
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how i can play music on iPhone through pio 7950UB? I tried but it only charges the phone. It plays songs from an older ipod that i have, but not from iphone.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:26   #140
BANNED

Power off the unit and press the dial knob from its center and it will open up a menu, select the options and ull get the option to not to open the face plate when ever you switch off the head unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxX View Post
I have a query.. when I poweroff my car, the headunit (7950UB) automatically comes down.. how do I disable this?
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:28   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Does anyone know how i can play music on iPhone through pio 7950UB? I tried but it only charges the phone. It plays songs from an older ipod that i have, but not from iphone.
You want to play music on iPhone through player or music on Player through iPhone?I'll give a try and let you know whether it plays via iPhone or not.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:34   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
You want to play music on iPhone through player or music on Player through iPhone?I'll give a try and let you know whether it plays via iPhone or not.
I knew i wasnt being clear. sorry!

See, till now i have been hooking my ipod with the headunit and playing music stored in ipod through the headunit. When i connect ipod, and hit the list button on the HU, i get list of songs, playlists etc etc. But when i connect iphone, i get nothing. It just says "format read" and thats it. The iphone does get charged though.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:37   #143
BHPian

It wont play with iphone. I have this HU in my honda. I dont think this HU is compatible with newer generations of ipods and iphones. It doesnt play with my New ipod and my Iphone both.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:12   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicspsyche View Post
It wont play with iphone. I have this HU in my honda. I dont think this HU is compatible with newer generations of ipods and iphones. It doesnt play with my New ipod and my Iphone both.
yeah thats what i was afraid of.

I guess i will have to keep cleaning up my ipod then.
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:15   #145
Senior - BHPian

For most iPods, I think even if HU doesn't provide native support, you can use them as "USB mass storage" devices. That way we should be able to play file formats supported by HU, though all "iPod" library management features will be unavailable.

For iPod Touch and iPhone, Apple has intentionally removed this USB drive support (probably to discourage hacking). But people won't give up, you may want to have a look at this: iClarified - iPhone - How to Use Your iPhone as a USB Drive

Disclaimer: I am not so sure whether it will do what you want, and use it at your own risk, if at all!
Old 10th September 2010, 11:38   #146
BHPian

I am facing an issue with my Pioneer 7950UB head unit. The face plate does not come open when I either switch off the car or when I press the CD eject button. I am hearing the beeping sound ( which used to precede the opening of the faceplate when it was working fine ) but the face plate never opens. The FACE OPEN status is ON for my HU. Is there a way to manually open the face plate?

-- Wind
Old 10th September 2010, 14:37   #147
BHPian

Tricky situation this one. Keep getting the problem on and off. I generally end up turning the ignition completely off to cut power and then on again . It works for me after 2-3 cycles. Bit irritating I know but again my HU is now 3 years old and the problem has surfaced only recently.
Old 19th February 2012, 02:25   #148
BHPian

Re: Pioneer 7950UB Query

Sorry to reply on this old thread but I cant get my 7950UB to read my Samsung Infuse 4G's 16GB hdd. Anyone faced the same issue with a Samsung phone and knows the resolution?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks