Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 21:21   #616
BANNED

Infinity Service in chennai??

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 28th April 2015 at 16:00.
joshguy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th March 2015, 00:56   #617
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hi Guys,

This has been a doubt for too long, We have our head unit which has its own equalizer (EQ), once we connect our android phone over bluetooth/aux in, the player in the android as well has its own EQ, same with ipod in.

My doubt is which EQ settings take precedence? I have noticed that changing the EQ settings in any of the three, changes the quality of sound. What should be the ideal settings? Keep the EQ off in the smartphone/ipod and have the EQ tuned only in the head unit? Also, I know internal DAC comes into picture while playing over Aux-in. Does the same thing happen over bluetooth streaming as well?
Old 7th March 2015, 11:56   #618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
My doubt is which EQ settings take precedence? I have noticed that changing the EQ settings in any of the three, changes the quality of sound. Also, I know internal DAC comes into picture while playing over Aux-in. Does the same thing happen over bluetooth streaming as well?
You are right. The EQ of either the mobile phone or the HU will affect the sound. I would think that the HU might have a better EQ than the mobile phone but what you like matters more.

I don't know much about Bluetooth but I would assume that over either headphone out or Bluetooth the DAC of the mobile phone is used.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 14:43   #619
BHPian

Hello people,

Can anyone tell if a pioneer stereo from US will work properly with the FM frequencies in India? I don't have much knowledge about car stereos.
Also what is the current import duty ?

I'm looking for a Pioneer DEH-X8650BT, which is known as DEH-X8600BH/S in europe and US.
Its upgraded model is 8700 or 8750.

I'm unable to find this model in Delhi. None of the dealers stock the single din stereos with 3 pre-outs, as according to them, no one buys them.
Old 14th March 2015, 03:01   #620
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to pick up a Ritz and looking for decent ICE set-up. Look out is for 4 components in 4 Doors and Sub (10' or 12') in boot. I already have a 4 Channel Chinese Amp NBN picked up in one of my trips so a bit of saving there.

After some research I am looking at the following products:

KICKER - ES65.2
Rs 4512

Hertz - DSK 165.3
Rs 3939

As per the website info for Head Unit I am considering JVC KD-X310BT.

Query 1: Kicker or Hertz

Query 2: As I understood stock Ritz door accepts 5" but with spacer I can put 6"5' also without making it bulging out it too much ?

Query 3: I can only see the Head unit in the JVC website but its not available online. Any suggestions there or alternatives. I do not need CD.
Old 14th March 2015, 10:14   #621
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Can anyone tell if a pioneer stereo from US will work properly with the FM frequencies in India?

I'm unable to find this model in Delhi. None of the dealers stock the single din stereos with 3 pre-outs, as according to them, no one buys them.
The short story - Yes the Pioneer will work in India.
The long story (if you want to know, why, how etc..)- search for a post on FM by me some years back.

I think Kenwood has one but it is around 20K (it can be configured for 3 way active too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.R.Boruwa View Post
Look out is for 4 components in 4 Doors and Sub (10' or 12') in boot. I already have a 4 Channel Chinese Amp NBN picked up in one of my trips so a bit of saving there.

KICKER - ES65.2
Rs 4512

Hertz - DSK 165.3
Rs 3939

As per the website info for Head Unit I am considering JVC KD-X310BT.

Query 1: Kicker or Hertz

Query 2: As I understood stock Ritz door accepts 5" but with spacer I can put 6"5' also without making it bulging out it too much ?

Query 3: I can only see the Head unit in the JVC website but its not available online. Any suggestions there or alternatives. I do not need CD.
Look beyond Kicker and Hertz. Polk, Morel, Focal, DLS, Rainbow, Infinity are all worth listening to.

I would look at a Ritz install with 6.5". Most times I find the bulge unattractive. Since you got a sub you can live with a good 5" only HPF it a little higher and steeper say 80Hz/18db.

http://www.kenwood.com/india/car/receiver/kmm-x30/
http://pioneer-india.in/shop/mvh-x365bt/
Old 14th March 2015, 17:59   #622
BHPian

As I am contemplating to upgrade from my Infinity Ref 6.5 to Audison Voce AV K6 6.5, the sensitivity in my reference is 93db and Audison shows 91db. How much difference will this make in output? What I have learnt till now is that there is no relation in SQ and sensitivity, then why the high end components mostly have less sensitivity?
Old 16th March 2015, 11:29   #623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
How much difference will this make in output? What I have learnt till now is that there is no relation in SQ and sensitivity, then why the high end components mostly have less sensitivity?
The difference between 93 and 91db is very little. You probably wont notice it.

Remember different manufacturers measure these numbers slightly differently.

High end components tend to have complex crossovers and these complex crossovers might correct for many of the anomalies of the speaker cones but also eat up some power. Hence as a general rule they would a few db lower in sensitivity.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 19:05   #624

Help choosing speakers for Celerio Vxi for AVH-279BT

Friends,

Need help from you to decide on speakers for the Celerio Vxi Manual I booked for my wife.

I wanted a Bluetooth stereo and have got the Pioneer AVH-279BT.

Now, I need to get speakers for the same.

I understand the stereo has 22W RMS output. I have no idea of going for an amplifier for this. I plan to go for Compos for front and 6 inch door speakers for the back. Given my limited budget and that this car will be driven by a single lady 90% of the time, I like to go for the JBL CS-6C for front and CS-6 for rear. But these are in the 50 watts RMS range. Will this suit my deck?

Please do not tell me sound is personal choice and all that. All I want is speakers that can be utilized the best for the given specs. If not this what is your best suggestion in the 5K range.

Sincerely appreciate your help.

thanks,
Old 17th March 2015, 13:41   #625
BHPian

Re: Help choosing speakers for Celerio Vxi for AVH-279BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by letusmeet View Post
Friends,

Need help from you to decide on speakers for the Celerio Vxi Manual I booked for my wife.

I wanted a Bluetooth stereo and have got the Pioneer AVH-279BT.

Now, I need to get speakers for the same.

I understand the stereo has 22W RMS output. I have no idea of going for an amplifier for this. I plan to go for Compos for front and 6 inch door speakers for the back. Given my limited budget and that this car will be driven by a single lady 90% of the time, I like to go for the JBL CS-6C for front and CS-6 for rear. But these are in the 50 watts RMS range. Will this suit my deck?

Please do not tell me sound is personal choice and all that. All I want is speakers that can be utilized the best for the given specs. If not this what is your best suggestion in the 5K range.

Sincerely appreciate your help.

thanks,
Sound is very much a personal choice, what might sound pleasant to me might sound awful to you!

A budget of 5k for a pair of components and a pair of co-axials is a very limited budget. You could look at entry level products from brands like JBL, Infinity, Ground Zero, Hertz, Kicker, etc.

A speaker rated at 50W RMS, will perform its best when fed with at least 50W RMS power, but for a regular listener, the 20-22 watts RMS from the HU is decent power and would sound good enough!

One advice I would give is, go for the same brand and preferably the same series of speakers for front and rear, sounds better than a mix and match set-up. Helps keep the sound signature uniform!

Last edited by 599gto : 17th March 2015 at 13:45.
Old 18th March 2015, 16:41   #626
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post the same messages multiple times. These count as SPAM. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 28th April 2015 at 16:02.
joshguy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th March 2015, 21:48   #627
BHPian

Guys,

Need help with AMP & SUB RMS matching. My current setup includes a Sony XSP-N1BT Stereo connected to Sony 4 Channel AMP powering my sub & front components, the rear speakers are directly off the head unit.

The Sub is a Boston sub with 275 w rms and my Sony amp outputs 170 w rms , so that is a 100 W less power to the subs, though I am not facing any problems with my sub. I am planning to add a mono amp for the sub and connect the rear speakers to the 4 channel amp.

For 275 W RMS, I have shortlisted Sony GS100 which produces 330W rms at 4 ohms, overpowering the sub by 55 w. Is this acceptable?
Old 18th March 2015, 22:18   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
Guys,

Need help with AMP & SUB RMS matching. My current setup includes a Sony XSP-N1BT Stereo connected to Sony 4 Channel AMP powering my sub & front components, the rear speakers are directly off the head unit.

The Sub is a Boston sub with 275 w rms and my Sony amp outputs 170 w rms , so that is a 100 W less power to the subs, though I am not facing any problems with my sub. I am planning to add a mono amp for the sub and connect the rear speakers to the 4 channel amp.

For 275 W RMS, I have shortlisted Sony GS100 which produces 330W rms at 4 ohms, overpowering the sub by 55 w. Is this acceptable?
I suggest you take the matching mono amp of Boston since the sub is of the same make. Sony is not regarded very well when it comes to mono amps.
Old 4th April 2015, 11:16   #629
Senior - BHPian

Car : 2014 Ford fiesta classic 1.6 base model
HU : Sony DSX A50BT

Problem: The HU is not saving settings/last played song etc after switching off vehicle.

I suspect this is because the Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire is not connected to the HU properly.

Looking at the manual of HU, I found PIN no 4 (Yellow) is the PIN, but am not able to locate the correct constant 12v supply from the car. Some websites show that the US Spec fiesta's have yellow/red as the wire to be considered.

Can anyone confirm the correct wire from the car and if my diagnosis is correct?

My installer is not in the city where the car is located and hence planning to do it as a DIY. Dont have a multimeter handy right now with me, hence cant check voltage as well.
Old 4th April 2015, 21:56   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Please suggest a basic HU upgrade for my Sunny.

Requirements:
- Basic 2 din with USB & BT
- No compromise to Steering controls
- Touch screen / reverse camera not mandatory (I'm very much satisfied with the sensors)
- Speaker upgrade will be done later

Budget:
- Around 10k (am I sailing on the right track or should I reconsider?)

Brand:
- No preference as such. Any good suggestion from Gurus are welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks