Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 16:53   #676

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Nothing wrong with it.
Did your battery die recently? or you changed it?
Its just messed up settings. Go into settings, turn camera off, and in settings, look for "polarity", switch it to "battery". That should fix it. It happened with my AVH too, and jiggling with those settings fixed it up.
Thanks for the quick response Mayank. Nope, my battery is not dead yet!! I did play around with the settings briefly today morning, but nothing worked. Anyways will try to play around with settings some more, today evening. If I unplug the battery and connect it again (hard reboot), Will it solve the issue?
Old 6th July 2015, 17:01   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags Rocks View Post
Thanks for the quick response Mayank. Nope, my battery is not dead yet!! I did play around with the settings briefly today morning, but nothing worked. Anyways will try to play around with settings some more, today evening. If I unplug the battery and connect it again (hard reboot), Will it solve the issue?
Hard to say, really.
Playing with the settings, did you do the polarity thing, and turn the camera off?
When the screen displays the audio controls, in the top band of the screen about the middle of it, do you see a camera sign? If so, then you need to do what I mentioned. Should be good to go, or else take it to any Accessory fitting shop.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 17:27   #678

Quote:
Hard to say, really.
Playing with the settings, did you do the polarity thing, and turn the camera off?
When the screen displays the audio controls, in the top band of the screen about the middle of it, do you see a camera sign? If so, then you need to do what I mentioned. Should be good to go, or else take it to any Accessory fitting shop.
Hi Mayank, I did try the Polarity option in the morning, it was still in "Battery". Tried changing it to some other value, then the reverse camera went berserk. There was no camera icon on the top band. I think the best option is to take it to a accessory shop. Let me try my luck one more time with the settings, then off to the shop.
Old 7th July 2015, 08:39   #679

Quote:
Hard to say, really.
Thanks a ton Mayankk, I dont know how it worked, but i did try the above procedure, and it started working fine. Thanks again man. I think its time to change my battery.
Rags Rocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:34   #680
BHPian

Hi All,

Need advise. I'm in the market to buy a Headrest monitor. I did a lot of looking around but not able to fine a decent piece. While the market is flooded with Headrest monitors from megaaudio (http://www.megaaudio.in/madtr_929.html) to mapmyindia (http://www.mapmyindia.com/rear-seat-...st-monitor-901) however they don't play all formats.

I'm looking at a moitor which plays MKV and MP4 files and preferably 9 inches screen. If anyone is using or know of one, please share
Old 27th July 2015, 14:13   #681
Senior - BHPian

I recently purchased a 1997 Maruti 800. It came with a VOS VR 101 sterio which is showing a strange problem. The unit switches off and looses all the stored settings under some of the below situations.

1. Car hits a pothole
2. Brakes are applied (even in smooth roads)
3. I start the car by turning the key very fast from off to acc to start while the steruo

All these 3 are NOT consistently reproducible.

The unit is working fine otherwise. I took out the sterio and checked the connections and all seemed good.

Since the stored settings are getting lost, I am thinking that the direct battery suppy is getting lost. Any idea why that should happen and which wiring harness to check??

I gave the car to a dealer and an independent auto electrician, but couldn't find anything wrong.
Old 28th September 2015, 12:12   #682
BHPian

Mods please remove/ guide where to post this question.

I recently bought Skoda rapid elegance AT and yesterday evening connected my ipod through USB connector and using apple wire to head unit. Everything worked fine and sound came from speakers.

Today in morning when i connected ipod, I can navigate through ipod on HU and even see songs play but no sound. Kindly help.

Speakers are working fine as radio and aux works.
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:21   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Help!

Installed a pair of Focal polyglass front components along with a JBL 4 channel amp, line convertor and the necessary wiring as suggested, in my Swift (stock HU).

However, I am facing engine whine/buzzing sound through the speaker! It is darn irritating and gave me a headache. Increases with the engine rpm. The installer suggests putting in a better line convertor as the only solution. The RCA and power cables were changed to check but didnt help matters. The grounds are all fine.

Does running the RCA and power cables on the same side of the car have anything to do with this? I am completely clueless how to eliminate this noise and could use some guidance here.

The engine whine has reduced slightly after redoing the earthing and checking the wiring.
Another installer now suggests a "noise filter" to be added.

I am planning on completely changing the wiring to a new Scosche wiring kit. Will also connect the rear co-axials to the amp. Currently only the front components are connected to the amp.

What do i do about the engine noise?
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:12   #684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
What do i do about the engine noise?
Does running the RCA and power cables on the same side of the car have anything to do with this? I am completely clueless how to eliminate this noise and could use some guidance here.

It helps to keep the power cables as far away from the RCA wires as possible. If they have to meet it is better than they cross each other than run along side.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:19   #685

I got my ICE updated yesterday in Hyderabad by the renowned ICE installer Mr. Shakir. Everything went smooth with the install, settings etc. However, the front speakers were giving a hissing noise only when the brakes were being applied. When I removed my foot from the brake pedal there was no noise. This only happened with the regular B from the ABC lot and not the handbrake.

So, when we started troubleshooting we were able to narrow down to the RCA cable that connects the HU front speaker ports to the Amp. RCA cables used to connect the Amp were Monster Interlink 101XLNs. The noise became unbearable when we tested with RCA cable that came with the AIV Amp kit. Then Shakir installed a local Ground Loop Isolator near the Amp and the hissing noise has gone away completely. He mentioned that this is an issue with entry level Amplifiers and especially JBL’s. I am happy with the result but I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with the below queries.

1) Why is there a hissing noise only while braking? Is there a bigger underlying issue the installer has missed?
2) Do I need to go for a more expensive RCA cable? But the noise is only during braking and it’s fine during the other times.
3) Do I upgrade to a better amplifier?
4) Will there be any issues in the future if the Ground Loop Isolator is used for a long time?
5) Are there any good quality brands of Ground Loop Isolators available in India?

Below is my ICE setup
Front: Focal 165 AS Components
Rear: Focal 165 AC Coaxials
Amplifier: JBL - GX-A644SI 4 Channel
Subwoofer: Infinity REF 1200S Shallow Mount
RCA: Monster Interlink 101XLN
Amp Kit: AIV 8 Ga (ACS-10)

Sorry about the long post!
Obi-Wan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 11:25   #686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
However, the front speakers were giving a hissing noise only when the brakes were being applied.

So, when we started troubleshooting we were able to narrow down to the RCA cable that connects the HU front speaker ports to the Amp.

Then Shakir installed a local Ground Loop Isolator near the Amp and the hissing noise has gone away completely.

1) Why is there a hissing noise only while braking? Is there a bigger underlying issue the installer has missed?
2) Do I need to go for a more expensive RCA cable? But the noise is only during braking and it’s fine during the other times.
3) Do I upgrade to a better amplifier?
4) Will there be any issues in the future if the Ground Loop Isolator is used for a long time?
5) Are there any good quality brands of Ground Loop Isolators available in India?
Is it hissing? Usually there is a pop like noise if some relay is being switched.

No need for more expensive cable or better amp. yes some amps have fewer issues but why not try grounding the RCA outputs of the HU (if you are using the RCA output on the HU). see the picture attached (I got this picture off the internet some years ago so I don't know the source, it has been posted on TBHP maybe 4-5 years ago too).

There should be no issues with the ground loop isolator. I have seen one fail only once. One alternate is to check where the stereo has been grounded (hopefully it has only one ground) and make sure the ground point is clean and bare.

I am including 2 links. The first one is from Crutchfiled who have been selling and advising about car stereo since the 80s. The second one is a "10 Commandments" link I found earlier and offer this to any installer I know.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bwpzyWu...ion_guide.html
http://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?ID=121

if you want to read up more there is a thread on MP3 car (see link below) where ground loops are discussed in detail.
http://www.mp3car.com/car-audio-faq/...ing-guide.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited by navin : 18th April 2017 at 11:02.
navin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 12:19   #687

Yes it is hissing only during braking. I will definitely go through the literature and try to get this issue resolved. I am not against using a Ground Loop Isolator but if everything is done right then there shouldn't be any noise emanating is what I believe in.

So, I will definitely go through the literature and try grounding the RCA's to the HU as well. I will get back to you with an update.

Thank you so much!
Old 9th February 2016, 22:19   #688
Senior - BHPian

I am evaluating the option of damping the doors on my ride. Why? Cause when I crank up the gain, the plastic door panels vibrate. The rear's vibrate more than the front. What I don't fully understand is, how will damping the sheet metal and whatever else is there on the metal door frame (As illustrated in many examples), stop the plastic door panel from vibrating. Can someone please explain. I am super happy with the bass quality and quantity, and don't want to lose any of it as a result of damping. Off course, if damping the door frame improves bass, I am all for it, provided it can stop the plastic door panel from vibrating.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th February 2016 at 08:33. Reason: Typo.
Old 9th February 2016, 22:54   #689
BHPian

damping has multiple benefits. reduces road noise, adds load to the panel to reduce vibrations. you can use foam pads between metal frame and panel to arrest any leak and also reduce the vibration a little bit.
Old 9th February 2016, 23:06   #690
Senior - BHPian

damping the metal door will not help the door panels vibration.

you'll need to apply the damping to the door pads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...s-image017.jpg

this is my indica getting cheap felt damping on my door pads. good damping will be better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks