Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2016, 09:26   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hello Gurus,
I am looking for a HU upgrade for my WagonR. Main reason is because I need more connectivity options compared to the current Aux-in only. Hence, I was looking for a HU, preferably 2-DIN which offers me USB and bluetooth. Not keen on any more features like touch screen, navigation and so since this car is my daily drive and I am not intending to use the screen for any purpose. I want a 2Din since I want it to fit well without leaving that 1 Din gap for stuff to pile up.

I found Sony XSP BT which is a smartphone cradle and I liked both the concept and the price at which it is offered. Leaving the sound quality apart, what is the drawbacks of such a setup? Doesnt it fulfill my purpose?
Old 14th February 2016, 10:50   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hello Gurus,
I am looking for a HU upgrade for my WagonR. Main reason is because I need more connectivity options compared to the current Aux-in only. Hence, I was looking for a HU, preferably 2-DIN which offers me USB and bluetooth. Not keen on any more features like touch screen, navigation and so since this car is my daily drive and I am not intending to use the screen for any purpose. I want a 2Din since I want it to fit well without leaving that 1 Din gap for stuff to pile up.

I found Sony XSP BT which is a smartphone cradle and I liked both the concept and the price at which it is offered. Leaving the sound quality apart, what is the drawbacks of such a setup? Doesnt it fulfill my purpose?
your requirements are very simple..and probably you will get double din units matching your requirements at a Rs 4-5k less price. Do you want to pay 4-5k extra for a built in phone cradle?

Looks of Sony XSP BT when no phone is put in the cradle or with a small smart phone on the cradle is subjective. I personally didn't like the many empty spaces on the front.

Last edited by arjithin : 14th February 2016 at 10:55.
Old 14th February 2016, 11:05   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
your requirements are very simple..and probably you will get double din units matching your requirements at a Rs 4-5k less price. Do you want to pay 4-5k extra for a built in phone cradle?

Looks of Sony XSP BT when no phone is put in the cradle or with a small smart phone on the cradle is subjective. I personally didn't like the many empty spaces on the front.
Can you suggest alternatives? I didnt find anything 4-5k less than the Sony. The sony is available for 10k in paytm with some cashback too. Not worried about installation as I will be doing it myself. Apart from this I found Pioneer FH-7799BT as the only alternative. Somehow it looked too fancy to me. However, if it is a better product or there are any alternatives, I am open to them. However the budget for the HU is limited to 10k strictly either online or offline. I might sell the car in a year or even earlier so I dont want to invest a lot on an audio upgrade.
Old 14th February 2016, 11:34   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I might sell the car in a year or even earlier so I dont want to invest a lot on an audio upgrade.
If you plan to see the car in an year, I suggest you look at your requirements again. This 10-11k investment wont make any difference in your resale value.

Can you live with Single DIN, the I suggest SONY - DSX-A55BT. I have installed it in my father's fiesta and am happy with the performance; a no nonsense receiver.

Alternatively can you look at add on bluetooth kits? like Kinivo BTC450?
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 12:57   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
If you plan to see the car in an year, I suggest you look at your requirements again. This 10-11k investment wont make any difference in your resale value.

Can you live with Single DIN, the I suggest SONY - DSX-A55BT. I have installed it in my father's fiesta and am happy with the performance; a no nonsense receiver.

Alternatively can you look at add on bluetooth kits? like Kinivo BTC450?
I wont sell the car with the Head unit. Will remove it and sell it separately or hand it over to someone I know who would need it. If I wanted to keep it for long I would have invested more.

Regarding kits, I did search for some, but the current nippon head unit doesnt even come with a USB port. That requires me to use the Aux-in all the time. If I use a kit, I will again have to connect it to head unit via the aux port. Hence, there is not much difference with a kit unless it can link with head unit via some other connection.
Old 9th August 2016, 07:54   #696
BHPian

Help! Amplifier not working.
Make: Audison Lrx 2.4.
The audison logo and 'fuse ok' green lamps turns on but no output to speakers. Bypass and pre-out from amplifier also don't have any signals. Pre-out from the JVC headunit is fine as I have checked it with another RCA cable to a different amplifier.
The system is seldom used since I'm away.

What could have gone wrong? Any leads on Audison service center in Trivandrum?
Old 21st December 2016, 19:18   #697
BHPian

Dear Gurus

Greetings!

My Ritz has been running without ICE since it was bought 4 years back. I have recently ordered JVC KW-V220BT at approx 12k via Paytm.

I am yet to order something for the doors and do not plan to install an amp, etc.

I plan to buy 2 pairs of components for the doors that fit the factory provided space in the doors.

Please kindly suggest the best options for components within the range of 10-15k total.

Thanks
Aditya
Old 22nd December 2016, 00:03   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Dear Gurus

Greetings!

My Ritz has been running without ICE since it was bought 4 years back. I have recently ordered JVC KW-V220BT at approx 12k via Paytm.

I am yet to order something for the doors and do not plan to install an amp, etc.

I plan to buy 2 pairs of components for the doors that fit the factory provided space in the doors.

Please kindly suggest the best options for components
Thanks
Aditya
Hi Aditya, Congrats on your new JVC.
1. One pair of component speakers for the front doors and a pair of coaxial at rear door/parcel tray will be the ideal set up.
2. 6.5 inch components will fit the door with a spacer.
3. Different brand of speakers have different sound signatures, I shall list out some I've heard:

Polk audio DB6501: Bright sounding but has solid bass.
Infinity reference 6500: VFM & very detailed sound. Just a tad on the bright side.
Morel tempo 6: Laid back smooth sound with lots of detail .
Focal/Rockford fosgate/Kicker/Jbl/Hertz - all these are excessively bright and tiring (at the price range <15k).
Try for an audition if possible and also keep some budget for damping the doors as this makes a huge difference :thumbup:
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:24   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Hi Aditya, Congrats on your new JVC.
1. One pair of component speakers for the front doors and a pair of coaxial at rear door/parcel tray will be the ideal set up.
2. 6.5 inch components will fit the door with a spacer.
3. Different brand of speakers have different sound signatures, I shall list out some I've heard:

Polk audio DB6501: Bright sounding but has solid bass.
Infinity reference 6500: VFM & very detailed sound. Just a tad on the bright side.
Morel tempo 6: Laid back smooth sound with lots of detail .
Focal/Rockford fosgate/Kicker/Jbl/Hertz - all these are excessively bright and tiring (at the price range <15k).
Try for an audition if possible and also keep some budget for damping the doors as this makes a huge difference :thumbup:
Dear Mashblue

Thanks for the response. I have ordered Kicker 40CSS674 6-3/4 Components for the front. They have good reviews on Crutchfield.

For the front, will 6 x 9 coaxial's fit the space provided in the doors? I do not wish to install speakers on a parcel tray or get them installed in boxes. Options for speakers around 6" for the rear look slim. What do you suggest?

Thanks
Aditya
Old 24th December 2016, 15:43   #700
BHPian

6 X 9 coaxials can be installed in the front door but will need lot of fabrication work and will most likely spoil the oem look. Since you already have components for the front I suggest getting 6 inch round coaxials for the rear doors.
Since there is no amplifier involved in the set-up the rear coaxial cannot have it's own High-pass filter, thus they will start to distort earlier than the components, a bass blocker (~200hz) might be needed here.
JBL and Alpine have 6 inch round speakers which will fit.
Mashblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 18:13   #701
BHPian

Can the gurus advise me about a good place to fix my Pioneer single din music system at Gurgaon for my Celerio? I have been using it for a little over two years with 4 Sony Xplod Speakers in 4 doors and two tweeters on the dashboard. Recently, the sound quality has significantly deteriorated. Not sure whether it is to do with the system or the speakers. Thanks very much.
Old 25th December 2016, 00:45   #702
BHPian

Hi Mashblue!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have also ordered a Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF amplifier at around 5.6k in a good deal online. Since it was the last remaining unit I have ordered it and will cancel in case an amp is not an essential for this setup.

Now the last remaining puzzle for me is to find a good pair of coaxials for the rear door installation. I am still trying to find out if another pair of components can be installed in the rear with an amp powering up all the comps.

6" coaxials are scarse online and I am not willing to go hunt for them offline. If in case I buy 6x9 coaxials(lot of options online) for the rear and get them installed in boxes(to be kept in the boot), it might cause issues later if a subwoofer is installed.

Kind suggestions are awaited.

Thanks
Aditya

Last edited by iron.head : 25th December 2016 at 00:46.
Old 27th December 2016, 14:28   #703
BHPian

Hello All, I have a Blaupunkt LA500 fitted in my Swift. The system is over 3 years old and I looking at upgrading the Firmware of the Head Unit. Is available anywhere commercially or can I download it from the net and install it?
Old 27th December 2016, 14:31   #704
BHPian

Hi All, I have a Blaupunkt LA 500 fitted that is over 3 years old. Sometimes the system hangs and I have to shut it down by pressing the On / Off switch and turn it on again. Is it possible to upgrade the Firmware of the system?
Old 28th December 2016, 09:33   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Hi Mashblue!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have also ordered a Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF amplifier

Now the last remaining puzzle for me is to find a good pair of coaxials for the rear door installation. I am still trying to find out if another pair of components can be installed in the rear with an amp powering up all the comps.

Thanks
Aditya
An Amplifier is always good and that's a good deal you got. Components at rear will spoil the soundstage for the front occupants of the car. 6X9 coaxials on the parcel tray running off the amplifier will give good bass which will compensate for the lack of subwoofer.
p.s: what car are we talking about here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks