Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2015, 22:19   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Please suggest a basic HU upgrade for my Sunny.

Requirements:
- Basic 2 din with USB & BT
- No compromise to Steering controls
- Touch screen / reverse camera not mandatory (I'm very much satisfied with the sensors)
- Speaker upgrade will be done later

Budget:
- Around 10k (am I sailing on the right track or should I reconsider?)

Brand:
- No preference as such. Any good suggestion from Gurus are welcome.
My requirements were exactly the same as yours when i wanted an upgrade for the Amaze. I chose pioneer FHX759bt. Totally satisfied with this.
Stock steering controls retained easily by adding an interface.

HU cost me 8.5K
Steering interface 2.4K.

Only downside: Lights are too bright on the HU.
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 22:51   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Please suggest a basic HU upgrade for my Sunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
I chose pioneer FHX759bt.
The latest avatar is the Pioneer FHX779BT. Thought of mentioning it so you don't end up with an older model. Should meet all your requirements. I actually find the display lacking in bright sunlight, but you can get around once you are comfortable with the buttons.
tiger_stripes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 23:07   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
pioneer FHX759bt
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
The latest avatar is the Pioneer FHX779BT.
Thanks for the suggestion buddies. Let me put 779BT to my wishlist.
Old 5th April 2015, 10:59   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Car : 2014 Ford fiesta classic 1.6 base model
HU : Sony DSX A50BT

Problem: The HU is not saving settings/last played song etc after switching off vehicle.

I suspect this is because the Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire is not connected to the HU properly.

Looking at the manual of HU, I found PIN no 4 (Yellow) is the PIN, but am not able to locate the correct constant 12v supply from the car. Some websites show that the US Spec fiesta's have yellow/red as the wire to be considered.

Can anyone confirm the correct wire from the car and if my diagnosis is correct?

My installer is not in the city where the car is located and hence planning to do it as a DIY. Dont have a multimeter handy right now with me, hence cant check voltage as well.
Information on web about the fiesta plug wasnt correct about India fiesta.
Brown/grey is Battery + and yellow/green is switched supply in my car. (Verified using voltage).

Reversed the connections for these two in the harness and problem solved.
Old 12th April 2015, 19:09   #635
BHPian

I want to install a pair of component speakers . I already have a set of 6*9 jbl 959 with sony HU. The question is should I go for an amplifier also and if yes then a 2 channel or 4 channel. and any suggestion on the components max budget of 4-5k
Old 13th April 2015, 12:21   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
I want to install a pair of component speakers . I already have a set of 6*9 jbl 959 with sony HU. The question is should I go for an amplifier also and if yes then a 2 channel or 4 channel. and any suggestion on the components max budget of 4-5k
You could use a 2-channel amp to drive the components, since the 6x9s are more sensitive and go louder than components (both driven by the HU amp). However, price-wise 2-channel amps are not VFM as compared to 4-channel ones.

Is the budget only for components, or components + amp? You have to keep in mind an amp - even a Sony or Pio - will cost you 4K at least including the wires and cables. And please don't buy Sony components if you expect to hear better sound than what you have now.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 19:33   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

Is the budget only for components, or components + amp?
The budget is for only components. Also, will the addition of an amplifier give me significant change in sound.
Old 15th April 2015, 12:21   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
The budget is for only components. Also, will the addition of an amplifier give me significant change in sound.
It will definitely give a significant change in sound. What an amp helps is in enhancing the dynamic range that is reproduced - better lows and mids, and airy highs.

Also, adding a 4 channel amp will allow you to tune the front and rears well, so that the rear doesn't sound overpowering yet getting the bass from the 6x9s.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 19:07   #639

Mine is a Linea T-Jet Plus (2010) running stock ICE with Blue & ME. The car has been driven single handedly by me over the last 4 years of ownership. Now is the time to upgrade my ICE. My music preferences are Bollywood Soundtrack, Sufi, Soft Rock and Coke Studio. I plan to start with HU and Speakers and add Amp and Sub later. I am looking forward to retain the steering-controls and hands-free calling.

Here's the list of components I wish:
1. HU: JVC KD-R926BT
2. Front-Speakers: Polk Audio - DB6501 Components
3. Rear-Speakers: Polk Audio - DB651 Co-axial
4. Amp: Not decided yet but would prefer a 4 channel Class D for speakers if it fits in 20K.
5. Sub: Not decided
6. Damping: Dynamat Extreme

The HU is End of Life but JVC says (I mailed them asking for a compatible HU with DSP) they have a unit available and they can give it for around 12K against the MRP of 14990 and one year warranty against the regular 2 year warranty. Is it good to get?

Also, JVC says that DSP based HU are hardly available with any brand, is it true.

Suggestions please on the choice of various components.
Old 16th April 2015, 09:56   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishphillips View Post
Here's the list of components I wish:
1. HU: JVC KD-R926BT
2. Front-Speakers: Polk Audio - DB6501 Components
3. Rear-Speakers: Polk Audio - DB651 Co-axial
4. Amp: Not decided yet but would prefer a 4 channel Class D for speakers if it fits in 20K.
5. Sub: Not decided
6. Damping: Dynamat Extreme
Every Hu would have some kind of processing abilities. Dont know much about the JVC so cant comment.
Polk speakers are generally known to be on the brighter side (very sharp treble). Audition before you buy.
I would recommend a Class A or AB amp for speakers.
Class D amps kind of kill the warmth in the music.
You can get a class D for your mono.

I would suggest Rainbow I paul 4.300 for the amp. It is quite clean sounding and very slightly bright. You can probably use a single amp solution. (connect fronts and Sub)
cooldude1988765 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 14:17   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I plan to start with HU and Speakers and add Amp and Sub later. I am looking forward to retain the steering-controls and hands-free calling. ...
The HU is End of Life but JVC says ...
Also, JVC says that DSP based HU are hardly available with any brand, is it true. ...
IMHO you should retain the HU, unless you are missing some functionality. You are used to it, and that's what matters the most.

The most common use of a DSP in an HU is to implement Time Alignment. And no, most HU manufacturers have DSPs in their higher end models. I would recommend going for a Kenwood KDC-U7056BT (it support OE steering remotes).

There are too many choices for components - Infinity / JBL, Bull, Morel, Focal, RF, Boston, DLS, Rainbow, etc. I would say set a budget and go around listening to as many as possible (with your music - carry some on a pendrive). Your ears will figure out which is right for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
... Class D amps kind of kill the warmth in the music. ...
Eh? Haven't found anything lacking with my Alpine Class D amp. Very nice laid back sound with Kenwood x994 as the source.
Old 16th April 2015, 14:21   #642

Interesting information, had a query with regards to fitting an amplifier in a Honda City 2014

I already have an old amplifier (4 channel) and woofer from the Santro which needs to be put into the new City

Option 1

Use "as is" pay only for installation of the amplifier and woofer and wiring

Option 2

Get new front speakers, a DHC 4 channel hi-lo convertor, spacers and get my existing amplifier and woofer installed with them

Was wondering if its worth investing in
1] New speakers
2] Going for DHC 4 channel hi-lo convertor - what are the advantages

On a budget as well
Old 16th April 2015, 14:59   #643

Quote:
IMHO you should retain the HU, unless you are missing some functionality. You are used to it, and that's what matters the most...
I love the stock HU with B&M but lately it has started behaving erratically with the USB's in particular. Lack of Aux and iPhone support gives me more reasons to get rid of it. I also thought of getting a new Blue&Me unit with updated firmware to support the iPhone's but the FIAT A.S.S. is unable to comment on the compatibility with old HU :( and yes it costs 12.5K, one more reason to play with after market stuff.

Quote:
... I would recommend going for a Kenwood KDC-U7056BT (it support OE steering remotes).
Does it support WAV and FLAC also?

Quote:
There are too many choices for components - Infinity / JBL, Bull, Morel, Focal, RF, Boston, DLS, Rainbow, etc. I would say set a budget and go around listening to as many as possible (with your music - carry some on a pendrive). Your ears will figure out which is right for you.
That's how I wanted to do it but unfortunately Indore doesn't go beyond Sony and JBL forget listening to the above brands.
Old 16th April 2015, 18:08   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Does it support WAV and FLAC also? ...
WAV from USB media. FLAC no. (The diskless KMM series can decode FLAC, but don't have time alignment).

Quote:
... That's how I wanted to do it but unfortunately Indore doesn't go beyond Sony and JBL forget listening to the above brands. ...
Sony . JBL maybe, but I find them a bit bright.

In the interest of good listening, you should either take a trip to Mumbai to scan and buy the components, or talk to @bass&trouble or @ramie to suggest and send you a pair. Installation shouldn't be a problem in Indore.
Old 17th April 2015, 10:29   #645
BHPian

Hello Gurus,

Need some guidance. I am going to install Focal Polyglass components in my new Swift, along with a JBL 4 ch amp in the first phase. Now, the installers in my town are totally clueless when it comes to technicalities (and so am I )

1) Thinking of installing the speaker in the stock factory location. But no idea what to do with the rest of the system. The midbass/crossover (not sure what it is called ) was inside the doorpanel itself in my Verna.

2) Are the stock factory location of tweeters good enough or would you suggest a different place (like the dash or somewhere on the A pillar)

3) Location of the amp - Previously it was placed in the Verna's boot. Should I do the same in the Swift as well?

4) What cables do I need for a good install in this phase?

My 2nd phase of install will involve rear co-axials and a sub. I am looking for what one would call a "night club" experience.

Kindly chip in with your valuable inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks