Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 16:25   #181
BHPian

hi,

congrats gill saab. im jealous. lol. keep it up.

you are clear enough gill saab. i was just asking :-) its good to hear when one knows the importance of the sub. some people think its just show off.

what are your plans now? what amp and sub are you planning to get? an idq12 with the new audison srx class-d huh? i think you should first try the sub on your 75.4. im sure you won't be disappointed.

one thing you can do is to get a 4ohm dvc and power it using the 4 channels bridged so that you have 284x2. get a good 4ch amp for your speakers. i think that will be good. you will have around 500w for the sub.

cheers
clip
Old 13th November 2007, 17:07   #182
BHPian

AMP for SUB?

The sub is rated at 100w-600w RMS,Which amp should i opt for a dedicated mono or 2 channel bridged?I look for options between 12k-15k for amp.The amp has to selected so that i can take a call for 2 ohm dvc or 4 ohm dvc.
How about alpine MRD 1005 amp i am getting one used.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gill : 13th November 2007 at 17:09.
Old 13th November 2007, 22:03   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
The sub is rated at 100w-600w RMS,Which amp should i opt for a dedicated mono or 2 channel bridged?I look for options between 12k-15k for amp.The amp has to selected so that i can take a call for 2 ohm dvc or 4 ohm dvc.
How about alpine MRD 1005 amp i am getting one used.

Cheers!
gill,

you have 284+284w to drive a 4ohm dvc. it is more than enough IMHO. why do you want to buy a sub amp when you have a very good amp? there is nothing wrong in using that amp(jbl gto 75.4) just make sure that the gains are matched perfectly and that is not that difficult at all. some amps have a switch(like in my case - a pio 944) to run in 2 ch or 4 ch mode. i don't know if your amp has this.

the components needs better amps IMO. better as in sq wise as amp distortion or clipping is more pronounced in that frequency range.

you need a good and powerful amp for the comps as well. 75x4 will be good and 100x4 will be excellent. why dont you get the kenwood 8401. it will be quite cheap and according to gunman, it has good sq and i would not doubt gunbir for that.

if you need a more powerful amp, go the audison way. dont waste your money on the amplification for the rear fills if you don't listen to them. this way you can save alot and get the best amp possible in your budget.

if you still want to upgrade, get the lrx 5 channel class ABD amp.

and gill, you are doing a great job of upgrading. install the HU right away so that you know the difference it makes in sq. its better to upgrade in phases. that way you know what difference a component makes.

and please let me know if you are willing to sell your HU. i will buy it definitely and don't you dare sell it to anyone other than me.

cheers
clip
Old 13th November 2007, 22:51   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
gill,

you have 284+284w to drive a 4ohm dvc. it is more than enough IMHO. why do you want to buy a sub amp when you have a very good amp? there is nothing wrong in using that amp(jbl gto 75.4) just make sure that the gains are matched perfectly and that is not that difficult at all. some amps have a switch(like in my case - a pio 944) to run in 2 ch or 4 ch mode. i don't know if your amp has this.

cheers
clip
Clip,
What i have in mind is to go for a dedicated AMP to drive IDQ15" in sealed box,and then shall save for next upgrade a good 4 channel amp for the speakers,and will sell 75.4.
I am aprehensive about 75.4 doing sub duty,as in current setup driving the front compos and sub it gets quite hot.Running on full blast in bridged mode for IDQ 15" will drain the amp.What's your view.
May be Gunbir might be able to throw somelight on this.
In Low freq range 20hrz-200hrz how much importance does AMP's efficency plays!!!!i.e. amp working on 4 ohm load and same amp working on 2 ohms load!
As far as sub section goes there won't be any upgrade or change in future,considering this plz advice about the DVC and amp!
Cheers!

Last edited by Gill : 13th November 2007 at 23:10.
Old 22nd November 2007, 19:11   #185
BHPian

[/IMG]
Saw this in one of the installs,what's the reason for the use of such a thick cable for the SUB if i am not wrong it's 8gu wire.
What's the pro's or con's of using it.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gill : 22nd November 2007 at 19:14.
Old 22nd November 2007, 19:18   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Upgrade already decided guys.

I always knew you couldn't keep a Jatt and a grand daddy 15" IDQ too far away for too long. hehehhe........

Quest for new Sub Amp and better HU remains now!
Another one bitten by ICE bug. So, when are we getting to see the pictures?

Great choice Scary! Congrats!
Old 22nd November 2007, 19:25   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Saw this in one of the installs,what's the reason for the use of such a thick cable for the SUB if i am not wrong it's 8gu wire. What's the pro's or con's of using it.
Well as explained in the original thread, the 8ga was used here just for aesthetic reasons: It looks cool!

No cons I can think of except unnecessary cost added only to make it look better. But since installs of that kind don't have a limit on cost, its not an issue.
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:53   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
But since installs of that kind don't have a limit on cost, its not an issue.
Must be a nice feeling......
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:03   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Must be a nice feeling......
Blessings lad! You'll get there one day!
Old 30th November 2007, 13:10   #190
BHPian

Need your inputs for this:-
DO i need to reset the gains for the amp,as i am replacing the HU to Alpine and it has got 4v preout where as kenwood had 2v.

Cheers!
Old 30th November 2007, 13:35   #191
BHPian

@Gill - I think you need to reduce your gains before switching on the new HU.
Old 30th November 2007, 14:32   #192
BHPian

Went to local shop,for installing new HU,it's kind of best out here,that guy didn't have any idea of installing this HU.He tried it.His tiral was more of experiment then a demonstration,so i came back.
Anyone who has idea about installation of this HU plz guide.I will do it on my own!I am using the manual of 9887.Help will be appreciated ,otherwise it will wait for CLIP to come n help me out!
Cheers!
Old 30th November 2007, 15:56   #193
NIP
Senior - BHPian

gill...are you selling your older kenwood 4036 HU ? i'd be interested
Old 30th November 2007, 21:17   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Went to local shop,for installing new HU,it's kind of best out here,that guy didn't have any idea of installing this HU.He tried it.His tiral was more of experiment then a demonstration,so i came back.
Anyone who has idea about installation of this HU plz guide.I will do it on my own!I am using the manual of 9887.Help will be appreciated ,otherwise it will wait for CLIP to come n help me out!
Cheers!
gill,

i suggest you wait. don't get it installed by a person who doesn't know how to. i can come to chdg and we will find a good place to install the HU. ill get your enclosure as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
gill...are you selling your older kenwood 4036 HU ? i'd be interested
That HU is in my car dude. :-) already bought it. But i don't know the price still. lol
Old 1st December 2007, 00:47   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
gill,

i suggest you wait. don't get it installed by a person who doesn't know how to. i can come to chdg and we will find a good place to install the HU. ill get your enclosure as well.
Ok clip, will wait for you.Your are bringing the enclosure,that's greatcheers: ,.From where???.

@NIP,Now Clip(Rishaab) has the hu.But if you are on budget plz buy it,I will Vouch for this HU.Great Value for the price.Sound reproduction is good when compared to price it commands!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks