Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 20:34   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
That HU is in my car dude. :-) already bought it. But i don't know the price still. lol
Quote:
Now i have also decided to get the 9887. i hope it is readily available. that HU is just few days away.
So after installing 9887, what are you going to do with Kenwood. In case if you put it on sale, remember me. I will keep close watch on market section and in case if you want to give it for free, let me know the place, where I can come to collect it
Old 5th December 2007, 21:18   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
So after installing 9887, what are you going to do with Kenwood. In case if you put it on sale, remember me. I will keep close watch on market section and in case if you want to give it for free, let me know the place, where I can come to collect it
sorry bro. already gifted it to my mother in law as she had a cassette player.

i didnt install the 9887 im my car. it was gills.
Old 5th December 2007, 21:22   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
It is... didn't you ask Rana?
thank god. is it available any time or its just now that its in stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@ gunbir, SS, clip: *smiling modestly*

Looking forward to auditioning installs and enjoying butter chicken at the ICE Dhaba sometime [If I ever manage to [come that way sometime in the future].
you will have to come to the dhaba to have nice butter chicken on ice. :-) and it will be real soon now.
Old 5th December 2007, 21:36   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thank god. is it available any time or its just now that its in stock?
Well, its in stock now... don't know till when their stocks last
Old 6th December 2007, 02:10   #215
Senior - BHPian

Alpine 9887 is for 20k in grey and 22k with B/W.
Old 6th December 2007, 03:17   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Well, its in stock now... don't know till when their stocks last
ok, thanks gunman. how did you like the install? be honest please. i kow you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Alpine 9887 is for 20k in grey and 22k with B/W.
thanks lbm. is it readily available? i don't know when i will have the funds but im sure i will have it in a few days. can;t wait, i dont mind buying gray(only if the b/w HU is out of stock.)

i dont know how but this time, i have been quite patient. been waiying for a few months now. i had the money last time i came to del but it was out of stock so the money disappeared in no time.

Gill, we are still waiting your full report. do it fast

Last edited by clipto333 : 6th December 2007 at 03:20.
Old 6th December 2007, 11:45   #217
Senior - BHPian

Sir it is in stock. But when it gets finish no one know so be quick. Also if you can get it with b/w then it is better the price difference is only 2k.
Old 6th December 2007, 16:59   #218
BHPian

HI,
Got the HU(Alpine 9887) and Sub(IDQ 15") installed on 4 Dec(tuesday),Install was done by Rishab(Clip) at his residence,out to out DIY,The sub enclosure was done in his bedroom all the cutting n drilling(Sub mounting n polyfill too) was done there,rest Istallation n tunning was done in the garage,Hats off to Rishab's dedication to the things he does,i mean his spirits are very high all the time,He won't say, it's done till he is satisfied.

The sub mounting was a cake walk,enclosure is great and properly sealed.IDQ 15" connecting terminals could be better,they give a very fargile feeling.It took us a bit to to mount the HU.But we did it in 30 mins or so.Onething for sure, next time i can do better when it comes to HU mounting and wiring it up.Wiring was properly taped n covered and later on binded properly into a clustter so that wires are not hanging around loose, Rishab has a eye for detail.he mounted HU only after the wires were properly safe n stacked up so that it doesn't look odd.It took around an hour to tune the HU and the set the gains of the amp.My installer is not satisfied yet,he said he will do the tunning of HU again.

Now, it's been close to two days and I am still mesmerized by the upgrade,grin on my face is getting wider and another unexpected good thing happened is road rage curbbed,as i am smilling all the time when i am driving.
The Headunit is awesome for the price tag.Their is a noticable change in speaker's output.Sound is all around in the car.The best part is bass is upfront,the vocals are quite crisp,midbass is real tight.Headunit is brezze to operate,i thought it would be quite complex but it's quite easy to work with.No doubt it plays MP3 quite well,but it comes to it's own when feeded with audio cd's.Display is pleasent not that bright but i keep the display off during the night.Now i am running the fronts only as the internal amp of the HU had been turned off.
IDQ 15" is beauty, i mean i am out of words to describe it,one has to hear it to belive it.The integeration(Being a 15") is awesome. the bass is upfront.And the best part is it blends with the mids flawlessly.The sub is 1.4cu feet box(40 ltrs) with around 500gms of pollyfill and it's working on 284w.Even with 284w the sub rocks like anything.Mt rear view mirror takes the worst pounding.
It feels like i am in recording studio and hearing it live.the sound reproduction is great.I am loving my HU and IDQ 15" and whole system a lot,
will keep posted on the HU as i haven't fiddle with it much in terms of crossover n time alignement,Imprint kit might be on it's way soon.
Thanks goes out clear n loud to Rishab n all of you for helping in oneway or the other.
Nirvana............

Cheers!
Old 6th December 2007, 18:29   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
HI,
Got the HU(Alpine 9887) and Sub(IDQ 15") installed on 4 Dec(tuesday),Install was done by Rishab(Clip) at his residence,out to out DIY,The sub enclosure was done in his bedroom all the cutting n drilling(Sub mounting n polyfill too) was done there,rest Istallation n tunning was done in the garage,Hats off to Rishab's dedication to the things he does,i mean his spirits are very high all the time,He won't say, it's done till he is satisfied.

The sub mounting was a cake walk,enclosure is great and properly sealed.IDQ 15" connecting terminals could be better,they give a very fargile feeling.It took us a bit to to mount the HU.But we did it in 30 mins or so.Onething for sure, next time i can do better when it comes to HU mounting and wiring it up.Wiring was properly taped n covered and later on binded properly into a clustter so that wires are not hanging around loose, Rishab has a eye for detail.he mounted HU only after the wires were properly safe n stacked up so that it doesn't look odd.It took around an hour to tune the HU and the set the gains of the amp.My installer is not satisfied yet,he said he will do the tunning of HU again.

Now, it's been close to two days and I am still mesmerized by the upgrade,grin on my face is getting wider and another unexpected good thing happened is road rage curbbed,as i am smilling all the time when i am driving.
The Headunit is awesome for the price tag.Their is a noticable change in speaker's output.Sound is all around in the car.The best part is bass is upfront,the vocals are quite crisp,midbass is real tight.Headunit is brezze to operate,i thought it would be quite complex but it's quite easy to work with.No doubt it plays MP3 quite well,but it comes to it's own when feeded with audio cd's.Display is pleasent not that bright but i keep the display off during the night.Now i am running the fronts only as the internal amp of the HU had been turned off.
IDQ 15" is beauty, i mean i am out of words to describe it,one has to hear it to belive it.The integeration(Being a 15") is awesome. the bass is upfront.And the best part is it blends with the mids flawlessly.The sub is 1.4cu feet box(40 ltrs) with around 500gms of pollyfill and it's working on 284w.Even with 284w the sub rocks like anything.Mt rear view mirror takes the worst pounding.
It feels like i am in recording studio and hearing it live.the sound reproduction is great.I am loving my HU and IDQ 15" and whole system a lot,
will keep posted on the HU as i haven't fiddle with it much in terms of crossover n time alignement,Imprint kit might be on it's way soon.
Thanks goes out clear n loud to Rishab n all of you for helping in oneway or the other.
Nirvana............

Cheers!
hi,

congratulations gill. its really nice you are enjoying the music. and thanks for the compliments but i didn't do anything. your equipment is just superb.

BTW, who is your installer? he is right about the tuning part. it need to be done again properly. you didn;t have enough time so it wasn't finished. if you want, i can come up to chandigarh and we will tune the setup again. i need a whole lot of time to do it properly(the best i can with the knowledge i have). otherwise you can get it tuned by your installer or Gunbir & co.

the idq is a fantastic sub. i could not believe my ears when i listened to it. its musical even at fulll tilt. amazing. the detail, texture, everything is perfect IMHO and according to my taste. and i love the oldskool looks.

the integration is just out of this world. i cold not believe it. superb.

soon i will be upgrading my setup. the 9887 is pakka. next step is to upgrade the interconnects. then amps and finally, the sub woofers. maybe, i might upgrade to 3 way comps(hi energy or id)

one question to the gurus. for proper integration, does one has to go sealed or a ported enclosure will do? i would love to try my sub in gills car to see how good it is. that way, iwll know how the hertz energy 15" performs. honestly, i really like my sub but the idq is far better but comes at a price(which at present i cannot afford) but you get full value for your buck with the idq.

gill, honestly saying, i really love to do anything audio. when im doing something(for eg installing) i fully focus on that. nothing can stop me. audio is my life and i can;t do without it. i try to do everything properly with the level of experience i have even if its not my car. and i really thank you for trusting me with your expensive equipment.

Gill, do you really think you need the imprint kit? what can be done with it? on thing is it can tune automatically with the help of a microphone. i will research and let you know what is the pros and cons.

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 6th December 2007 at 18:34.
Old 6th December 2007, 22:36   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
The sub is 1.4cu feet box(40 ltrs) with around 500gms of pollyfill and it's working on 284w.Even with 284w the sub rocks like anything.....I am loving my HU and IDQ 15" and whole system a lot,
Heheh... I was waiting for you guys to hear the magic. Well the iDQ subs work well with little power too. You think its tight now? try giving it 600-700w...

Anyways, don't waste any money on the imprint kit. I really don't think you need it. Oh and wait till the sub breaks in a bit... then give us another report

Quote:
honestly, i really like my sub but the idq is far better but comes at a price(which at present i cannot afford) but you get full value for your buck with the idq.
Thats what we've always said, the iDQ is fantastic value for money considering what it does.

Enjoy!
Old 7th December 2007, 01:22   #221
BHPian

@Clip, my installer is Mr.Rishab Sehgal,Hope u know him,otherwise i will introduce you to him. If he thinks tunning will improve things then it will be done that to very soon.Gunbir bai ji would love to see you in person,plz plan a visit to Punjab along with JB.Then you can advice how to make it better.
IDQ is expresion of music as the artist intend.It will give you the sound reproduction as it was in studio.
Clip your ported in doing great job mate,at the end of the day a hatchback and a trunk do make some difference.But plz do give a thought for IDQ,it's mindblowing,thanks Gunbir for recomending this sub.
Clip, i respect for dedication to audio and i wish for your success in this endeavour.
@Gunbir,I can imagine now how it's gonna be with 600-700w,now i am saving for SRX1d,it will be the next upgrade or Audison lrx4.1. Let's hope, i save for them real soon.
Cheers!
Old 7th December 2007, 01:23   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Heheh... I was waiting for you guys to hear the magic. Well the iDQ subs work well with little power too. You think its tight now? try giving it 600-700w...

Anyways, don't waste any money on the imprint kit. I really don't think you need it. Oh and wait till the sub breaks in a bit... then give us another report

Thats what we've always said, the iDQ is fantastic value for money considering what it does.

Enjoy!
i fully agree with you gunbir. the idq will be a bomb if its powered optimally. but 250w are not bad considering, the car is a hatchback. but i know gill now. he will do whatever is needed to justify the install. if the sub can take 600w, gill will get an amp that can pump that much power. ofcourse, everything takes time because of the budget.

but IMHO, if one wants pure sq, then 250w is not bad at all. my 944 beats the "korean crap" out of the car. the energy 15 packs a huge punch and is musical too. my personal fav. not because it is in my car, it really is a nice sub.

i thank got that i stumbled upon tbhp the other day. without you guys, i would have still be in stone age.

and i agree again. don't waste your money on imprint kit. instead save your money for the monoblock. i think you should upgrade to audison. or if you have the stomach, get the tru tech or genises.

BTW, i the way genises amps look. they are better than any woman on planet earth(ofcourse leaving aside my dear wife) sorry sammy boy.

cheers
clip
Old 7th December 2007, 01:32   #223
BHPian

@Clip, 9887 with imprint kit has got some great reviews on audio forums anyhow will not consider it for time being.instead will use the money for an amp.It's gonna be Audison for sure.Genises is bit out of reach now(98k).
Wait for 3-4 months,We will have a better amp for sure.
Plz don't compare ice with woman,clip you are asking for trouble.You must thank god,that you have such a nice lady to support you.
Cheers!
Old 7th December 2007, 01:47   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, i the way genises amps look. they are better than any woman on planet earth
Hehe I think you've been married too long...

But really, pics don't do them justice... still, here's one for you to drool over, enjoy!

Last edited by gunbir : 7th December 2007 at 01:48.
Old 7th December 2007, 02:11   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, i the way genises amps look. they are better than any woman on planet earth(ofcourse leaving aside my dear wife) sorry sammy boy.
I disagree. By the way, what happened today? Too much of cheers: eh?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks