Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 11:51   #151
BHPian

Pioneer 5050 / 5090 Media Management

I just got Pio 5050 installed in my car. Now I want to buy a a HDD for it. few questions here :

1. Does it support all HDD's for any particular types ? I mean the voltage, ampere and all that jazz.

2. How good is it in managing media ? I mean does it just play folder wise or are their any media management features like in modern mp3 player.
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:14   #152
BHPian

well, I got a Transcend 160GB HDD, and its working fine.

now just have to figure how does the media management or file system works.
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:48   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
Me and my brother (who is a pretty good auditioner) have listened to quite a few HU's, and feel that quality wise Eclipse>Alpine>Kenwood=pioneer=clarion>Sony.
Are you talking about build quality or SQ?

I'd differ with you if SQ is being talked about

There is a separate thread about Clarion/Kenwood/Pioneer HUs which you can refer

For the same price Pioneer < Kenwood < Clarion - that seems to be the verdict...

AFAIK - Pioneer doesn't have 24 bit DACs in it's mid ranged models where as Kenwood does. A lot depends upon how a system has been tuned too...
Old 19th August 2009, 17:54   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post

For the same price Pioneer < Kenwood < Clarion - that seems to be the verdict...
So what you are saying is the Clarion is the best and the Pioneer the worst?
Old 19th August 2009, 18:08   #155
Senior - BHPian

Verdicts are like rearsides - everyone has one.

Pioneer is quite decent for what it offers - VFM.

And everyone has their preference. Doesn't mean its a globally valid truth!

Like Rohit said, its about tuning and individual preferences. Don't go by favorites on the forum - its like buying chaddies. Only you can make that choice!
Old 19th August 2009, 22:33   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Verdicts are like rearsides - everyone has one.

Don't go by favorites on the forum - its like buying chaddies. Only you can make that choice!
Just classic! Had a great laugh after an awful day at work! Thanks phamilyman!

Couple of questions though - I have a Verna and have just got the 6050 fitted, however it kind of protudes out slightly and leaves a minimal gap from the sides (I shall post pics tomorrow). The installer claims that as the dash of the Verna is tilted towards the driver, there cannot be a perfect fit - What I wanted to know is - is this true and is there a solution.

Secondly, is there any audio tuners in Mumbai that you know of? I could really use some help - I feel my ICE sounds - well - bright! I have a JBL 4 Channel amp powering the front JBL compos and rear Pioneer ovals (carried forward from my old car) and a 2 channel JBL powering a JBL sub in a box.

Thanks!

Last edited by sirajbose : 19th August 2009 at 22:44.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:08   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Secondly, is there any audio tuners in Mumbai that you know of? I could really use some help - I feel my ICE sounds - well - bright! I have a JBL 4 Channel amp powering the front JBL compos and rear Pioneer ovals (carried forward from my old car) and a 2 channel JBL powering a JBL sub in a box.
If the system sounds bright do NOT be afraid to roll of the highs using the tone controls. Other options are to cover the tweeter with thin muslin cloth or fire the tweeters off axis.
Old 20th August 2009, 10:03   #158
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
Turn the loudness to Off, that should show some good difference. When I had the 5090 I used to run with Loudness>off, EQ>Flat, SRtrv>Off. This will do a lot of difference.

If you like the way it is now except the highs, then put the tweeter off axis and reduce the high of EQ to -2 or -3
Old 21st August 2009, 01:53   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Turn the loudness to Off, that should show some good difference. When I had the 5090 I used to run with Loudness>off, EQ>Flat, SRtrv>Off. This will do a lot of difference.

If you like the way it is now except the highs, then put the tweeter off axis and reduce the high of EQ to -2 or -3
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If the system sounds bright do NOT be afraid to roll of the highs using the tone controls. Other options are to cover the tweeter with thin muslin cloth or fire the tweeters off axis.
Thanks for the suggestions Shreyasma and Navin. Turned the Loudness to 0 with a flat EQ curve and did not like the sound at all - Medium setting with the "Natural" EQ sounds a hell lot better. But sounds like still something is missing...

BTW - What is putting the tweeters off axis?

Navin - Any really good ICE shops in Mumbai? I think that some damping might help as well ( however go against the general saying on the forum that the Verna requires very little damping)

Guys - any comments from any Verna owners regarding the proper fit into the dashboard?

Thanks!

Last edited by sirajbose : 21st August 2009 at 01:56.
Old 21st August 2009, 21:01   #160
BHPian

Quote:
BTW - What is putting the tweeters off axis?
If the tweeters are angled to face you, then its on-axis. (Listener is on the same axis as that of the speaker/driver)

Set it to face each other or away fram facing you (Off-axis)

Example of on-axis

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...teg-ll-161.jpg

Example of off-axis

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...up-pic-016.jpg
Old 23rd August 2009, 05:49   #161
BHPian

Thanks Shreyas - That explanation (along with the pics) really helped.
Old 24th August 2009, 19:14   #162
BANNED

Pioneer 4150SD

I have installed 4150SD in my Alto, along with two front speakers from 'auditor'. I found it bit harsh or too much of treble. Is it the problem of HU or the speaker ?

4150SH without B&W - 6500
Auditor 4" - 2300
Old 24th August 2009, 19:26   #163
Senior - BHPian

Speakers - they are too bright, and from a 4" coax one cannot expect any decent bass. Not sure, but the price you paid for the speakers sounds like a rip-off.
Old 24th August 2009, 19:31   #164
Senior - BHPian

Did you try adjusting settings in your HU to reduce treble?
Old 24th August 2009, 21:37   #165
BANNED

I tried all sorts of adjustment on HU, but doesnt help much. This is more prominent when I play FM.

'auditor' seems to be entry level Focal. Its owned by focal, France. I tried searching in team BHP, and on google, but this does not seems to be a popular brand :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks