Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 14:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Reports from Chandigarh that the 6050 can be had for 8 - 8.5k
Old 9th February 2008, 12:26   #17
BHPian

@vebmetal
any idea where the guy got it for Rs 8k... really interested here.
Old 19th February 2008, 13:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
List the available songs or radio station.
Can you please explain how the list button can do this? Do the radio stations have a song listing 'on-air' (ala program listings in DTH) that can be captured and displayed by the LIST button?

- I am still not very sure about the differences between 5050 and 6050. From the tech specs on the website, both look more or less the same, except their displays. However, their HAS to be some major diff otherwise not so many people would be lusting after the 6050!

- I just want to know whether the iPod and USB flash disk compatibility comes in the box (i.e. adapter/cable included) or one has to buy it separately?

- Lastly, which Pioneer model has front USB and front AUX-IN?

EDIT: Just saw the 2008 Pioneer brochure. It seems that DEH 3050UB has front direct USB input and DEH 3000IB and DEH 4000UB has front AUX IN for iPod. Any idea about the prices for DEH 3050UB and DEH 4000UB?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 19th February 2008 at 13:54.
Old 19th February 2008, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd08 View Post
@vebmetal
any idea where the guy got it for Rs 8k... really interested here.
Devarshi84 from Ahmedabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Can you please explain how the list button can do this? Do the radio stations have a song listing 'on-air' (ala program listings in DTH) that can be captured and displayed by the LIST button?
No only the Us has this. We aren't advanced enough yet. Some radio stations in the US air the song name for example. The list buttons just vertically shows all the 'options' in the particular mode. So in CD, it will say Track 1, Track 2, Track 3 etc. In USB mode it will show the folder and file names of the mp3s. In Tuner (radio) mode, it shows the different stations that are preset. So 95.0, 104.8, 100.5 etc. etc. You get the point.

Quote:
- I am still not very sure about the differences between 5050 and 6050. From the tech specs on the website, both look more or less the same, except their displays. However, their HAS to be some major diff otherwise not so many people would be lusting after the 6050!
Looks plus number of RCAs I think.

Quote:
- I just want to know whether the iPod and USB flash disk compatibility comes in the box (i.e. adapter/cable included) or one has to buy it separately?
Yes, straight out of the box. Nothing else required. It has an extension cable, which is quite long (it comes to my gearstick even after being discretely tucked away out of sight.)

Quote:
- Lastly, which Pioneer model has front USB and front AUX-IN?
After having used USB for a couple of weeks now, I would advise that don't get a HU with USB (or Aux-In) in the front. I felt exactly the same as you - there's something unappealing about a cable dangling from the back - but trust me, in practice it is actually much neater and more friendly to use.
Old 19th February 2008, 14:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Yes, straight out of the box. Nothing else required. It has an extension cable, which is quite long (it comes to my gearstick even after being discretely tucked away out of sight.)
Thanks vebmetal for this. Does the 5050 also offer this kind of out-of-the-box compatibility, or is it just the 6050 (which you have I presume?)

Quote:
After having used USB for a couple of weeks now, I would advise that don't get a HU with USB (or Aux-In) in the front. I felt exactly the same as you - there's something unappealing about a cable dangling from the back - but trust me, in practice it is actually much neater and more friendly to use.
Why would you say so? I just thought it looks aesthetically better to have USB and AUX IN integrated and in front rather than cables coming from behind. I didn't know it had an effect on the usage as well

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 19th February 2008 at 14:26.
Old 19th February 2008, 16:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vebmetal for this. Does the 5050 also offer this kind of out-of-the-box compatibility, or is it just the 6050 (which you have I presume?)
Yes and yes. The 5050 is overall better VFM than the 6050, but I needed a good display.

Quote:
Why would you say so? I just thought it looks aesthetically better to have USB and AUX IN integrated and in front rather than cables coming from behind. I didn't know it had an effect on the usage as well
Exactly how I used to think too.. But having a pen drive sticking out in front is unpleasant aesthetically and also hinders button usage. And if you attach anything with a cable to the USB or Aux-In... well do you want cables hanging out the front (and possibly hindering gear shifting) ? It's much better to have it come from the rear because you can then devise a number of places to put your pen drive / hard disk / mp3 player / discman etc. and have the wire go to it discreetly. For instance you can have the device in the cubby hole, or the glove box, or (like me) just in front of the gear stick. It looks good and doesn't create any obtrusive wires.
Old 19th February 2008, 17:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes and yes. The 5050 is overall better VFM than the 6050, but I needed a good display.
Hmm, got that. Thanks buddy. Any idea about the price of 5050 in Delhi/Mumbai? Where did you buy it in Delhi? Also, any clue about Alpine 9887? or 9881?

I may be visiting Delhi around Holi time, so would you care to offer me an audition of your ICE?cheers:

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 19th February 2008 at 17:16.
Old 19th February 2008, 17:19   #23
BHPian

Yeah sure, just let me know a day or two in advance. I got the 6050 from a place called "Driven" in East of Kailash. The 5050 is about 6.3K in Delhi AFAIK. No idea baout Alpine - they are USB unfriendly and CDs are dead to me, so didn't bother too much.
Old 26th February 2008, 15:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

^ @vebmetal
I am planning on getting Pioneer 5050, as it offers iPod functionality as well as USB support. I have an old iPod Mini 6 GB model.

However, having read through this post (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ioneer-hu.html), I have got into a doubt. You have clearly mentioned that 5050 offers out-of-the-box (plug and play) support for iPod and USB.
Does it do for iPod Mini as well?

Or do I need to buy additional cable/adapter for the same?

Also, does it charge iPod on the go, alongside playing it?

(I am hoping you have used the iPod with your 6050. From your earlier post, I guess you have been mostly using your 8GB flash disk!)
Old 26th February 2008, 16:09   #25
BANNED

Quote:
^ @vebmetal
I am planning on getting Pioneer 5050, as it offers iPod functionality as well as USB support. I have an old iPod Mini 6 GB model.

However, having read through this post (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ioneer-hu.html), I have got into a doubt. You have clearly mentioned that 5050 offers out-of-the-box (plug and play) support for iPod and USB.
Does it do for iPod Mini as well?

Or do I need to buy additional cable/adapter for the same?

Also, does it charge iPod on the go, alongside playing it?

(I am hoping you have used the iPod with your 6050. From your earlier post, I guess you have been mostly using your 8GB flash disk!)
my 5050 manual says it works only for 5th Gen ipods and above only with Docconnector.Yes it charges the pod and turns off the pod after a few mins o turning off the HU.
The same cable used to connect the pod to Comp is used for this too it is plugged to the female USB behind the HU in a pio 5050UB
Old 26th February 2008, 17:24   #26
BHPian

Just get the 7950 then ... ? Should be available for 8700 grey.. you'll enjoy this, trust me
Old 1st March 2008, 13:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

People need help between Pioneer 5050 & 6050. I like 6050 but my budget
for the ICE is only 12k . 6050 costs 9k. I wanted Pioneer HU and JBL speakers.Any suggestions?
Old 1st March 2008, 13:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me how much can I get for Blaupunkt Bahamas MP34 HU? Its in excellent condition. However, I am a bigger fan of Pioneer so thinking of going for either Pioneer 5050/6050
Old 26th March 2008, 09:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
People need help between Pioneer 5050 & 6050. I like 6050 but my budget
for the ICE is only 12k . 6050 costs 9k. I wanted Pioneer HU and JBL speakers.Any suggestions?
Just got to know from a few dealers in Mumbai that Pioneer 5050 is around INR 7200-7300. I read a few posts back that it was a thousand bucks less. Has the price increased?

The 6050 however is the same as what the forum members say - INR 9200
Old 26th March 2008, 12:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got to know from a few dealers in Mumbai that Pioneer 5050 is around INR 7200-7300. I read a few posts back that it was a thousand bucks less. Has the price increased?

The 6050 however is the same as what the forum members say - INR 9200
right now there is shortage in market thats why prices have gone up. i got it for 6300 recently. i dont know how this chap managed to give me in that price

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks