Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 00:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Just burnt a DVD(-R) on nero. used the " mp3 jukebox" function .

However my avx-800 says " unable to play Disc Type, Please check the disc inserted". Tried burning a "data" DVD with the mp3s and the same response came from the player.

Could this be a case of a bad DVDs , cause i just got the avx-800 and popped by a local stationary store and picked up whatever brand he had in order to just try out the dvd functioning. Its a "alpha" brand. Im hoping the error is due to this.

If not , what am i doing wrong,do i have to buy a specific kind of DVD,and what would the best burning process be?

Thanks in advance .
If you cannot get the player to recognize the files even when you burn it on a good disc, it probably doesn't support MP3s on DVDs.
Old 16th September 2008, 08:59   #32
BHPian

@Absynthguzzler : Try burning a DVD in Nero as a DATA DVD and make sure you have the multisession box unticked. Have burnt around 3 DVD so far in this method and works like a charm.

Don't use cheap DVD's. Try Moser Baer or Sony. They've worked well for me.

I have a question for the others. Is there anyway of opening the list menu via the remote??
Old 16th September 2008, 09:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

it definitely plays mp3 dvd's . I have a few of them in the car. From the remote to go to list press av menu then select list.
Old 16th September 2008, 09:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
it definitely plays mp3 dvd's . I have a few of them in the car. From the remote to go to list press av menu then select list.
See thats the thing. I can go to the AV menu from the remote but after that how do I select?? which keys do I use as a cursor?? The big round grey cursor key just ends up shifting songs or folders even in the AV menu. The black button cursor key way down at the bottom of the remote doesnt do anything!!!
Old 16th September 2008, 09:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
See thats the thing. I can go to the AV menu from the remote but after that how do I select?? which keys do I use as a cursor?? The big round grey cursor key just ends up shifting songs or folders even in the AV menu. The black button cursor key way down at the bottom of the remote doesnt do anything!!!
After you get to the AV menu screen, you don't have an option but to use the touch screen. Remote cannot help here.

Probably a trick to make you use the touch screen
Old 16th September 2008, 10:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
After you get to the AV menu screen, you don't have an option but to use the touch screen. Remote cannot help here.

Probably a trick to make you use the touch screen
Ahh! Thats too bad. If the person in the rear seat wants to see the files list they are dependent on the person in front.
Old 17th September 2008, 20:13   #37
BHPian

the more i read about it on inet(about sony avx w1) the more i am inclined to it than the jvc 814.is the sony display that good as compared to the jvc as is made out by the various reviews on inet?
Old 18th September 2008, 00:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Any body knows about JVC AVX 44 ? How is it and how much ? I think it has the Motion Sensor where the controls light up when the hand approaches.

I want to get an In Dash DVD for my Verna.
Old 18th September 2008, 09:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Any body knows about JVC AVX 44 ? How is it and how much ? I think it has the Motion Sensor where the controls light up when the hand approaches.

I want to get an In Dash DVD for my Verna.
You can PM mshooli. He recently got it installed in his Optra Magnum. Check out his post where there are details
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ng-magnum.html
Old 18th September 2008, 09:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
the more i read about it on inet(about sony avx w1) the more i am inclined to it than the jvc 814.is the sony display that good as compared to the jvc as is made out by the various reviews on inet?
Do what your heart says. Cannot comment on the display quality of Sony. I can say the JVC display is average, nothing great talking about. But it more than compensates with the performance. Try and get 800 over 814 if its still available. Its got lot more options.
Old 19th September 2008, 09:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Do what your heart says. Cannot comment on the display quality of Sony. I can say the JVC display is average, nothing great talking about. But it more than compensates with the performance. Try and get 800 over 814 if its still available. Its got lot more options.
has anybody who has seen the sony display comment on it with respect to jvc?because in 2din the main thing is display quality.if my copassengers say wow i will be a happy soul.thanks.
Old 19th September 2008, 10:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
has anybody who has seen the sony display comment on it with respect to jvc?because in 2din the main thing is display quality.if my copassengers say wow i will be a happy soul.thanks.
Kedarwalke has installed it in his accord. See his post. You can PM him for details. I guess you have responded in his thread as well.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...accord-v6.html

For me display quality is secondary. I use it predominantly for seeing all the mp3 tags and general ease of operation. If you regularly watch movies, yes, it makes a difference. I am anyway prohibited from watching movies by high command. For me, performance and tuning options are key. Here, I find the AVX leading.

Last edited by dinu2506 : 19th September 2008 at 10:20.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:34   #43
BHPian

i will be attaching a rear view camera so the display quality is important.
Old 19th September 2008, 14:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i will be attaching a rear view camera so the display quality is important.
In case of rear view camera, the dependency is more on the camera optics than the final display.
By the way I just read a review of Sony and I understand this too has lot of tuning features. It also talked about a listening position adjuster which sounded like time alignment. Should be a good buy.

Try out and let us know the feedback.
Old 19th September 2008, 20:28   #45
BHPian

can Kedarwalke throw some light on the sony as he is already using it?hello Kedarwalke ji are you listening?help us out please.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks