Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 16:27   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
... Anyone here has been successful with phonebook transfer from N73 to any of the AVX HUs?. ..
Well, not from Nokia, but with my SE M600i I have been able to successfulyl tranfer contact details to the AVX 44. However, it is ONLY 1 by 1. You can't select multiple and then send it to the HU
Old 15th December 2008, 17:04   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Well, not from Nokia, but with my SE M600i I have been able to successfulyl tranfer contact details to the AVX 44. However, it is ONLY 1 by 1. You can't select multiple and then send it to the HU
I tried to transfer 1 by 1 also and that also did not work.
Old 15th December 2008, 18:40   #93
BHPian

There have been issue's of compatibility of the Nseries with these HU's
Old 18th December 2008, 15:41   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
I finally settled down for an AVX 44. I am unable to transfer my phonebook from Nokia N73 to the AVX 44. When I select the phonebook from the menu and after I enter the pin , the phone simply disconnects from the HU. The pairing went fine and the phone is able to connect to the HU when I enter the car and I am able to pick up calls etc. It is only when I try to transfer the phonebook contents I am having this problem. Anyone here has been successful with phonebook transfer from N73 to any of the AVX HUs?. I see that dockap has the same problem with 800 and N95 but I thought the problem would have been resolved with the newer AVX 44. However the problem still exists.

Hi,

What's the price you are paid to AVX44, other than the above said problem is thier any issues exists?
Old 18th December 2008, 18:16   #95
BHPian

I paid 20.5k with the steering remote. I think I was quoted 17k about 5 - 6 months back and 19k during Oct. The price increased since the dollar price went up. If you have the patience, you can wait and you will probably get it for a lesser price.

There are no issues otherwise. Everything works like charm. The HU though seems to be a little bright for my taste, however after fiddling with the 7 band equalizer, it seems to be OK now. It is great VFM product, however in my opinion if SQ is your primary and one and only requirement you must go for Alpine 9887 or Pioneer DEH-P80RS/DEH-P80RSII. I heard some kenwood units are also very good.

The time alignment (called as speaker distance) in the AVX 44 seems to be a joke as I found it producing worse results than without it.

Though I made a compromise on the SQ, I am pretty happy with it as gives me much more than I wanted for on the other areas (such as BT, DVD, USB, IPOD, etc).

Let me know if you have any further questions and I shall be glad to help.
Old 29th December 2008, 00:04   #96
BHPian

if i'm not wrong there is only 1 Rca output from 814 so spilter is to be used to run the sub. do single rca output effect the sound quality or the output of the sub.??.. plz correct if i'm wrong some where.
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:37   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity_sucks View Post
if i'm not wrong there is only 1 Rca output from 814 so spilter is to be used to run the sub. do single rca output effect the sound quality or the output of the sub.??.. plz correct if i'm wrong some where.
Can you recheck. I have the AVX 800 and it has 2 sets of 3 pre-outs (Front, Back and Sub). I guess 814 should be the same.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:50   #98
BHPian

confused on which HU to buy

hi guys i have been goin through all the posts & still not able to take a decision...i want to buy a jvc 814 double din..i had almost made a decision & few of my friends said it is not worth th dough & i could instead go for alpine...i am clear about my the budget i dont want to spend anywhere above 25 gor a good HU...i am confused..please suggest what to do?
Old 16th January 2009, 14:51   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
hi guys i have been goin through all the posts & still not able to take a decision...i want to buy a jvc 814 double din..i had almost made a decision & few of my friends said it is not worth th dough & i could instead go for alpine...i am clear about my the budget i dont want to spend anywhere above 25 gor a good HU...i am confused..please suggest what to do?
The JVC AVX series are complete VFM. I bought the AVX 44 because it had everything that I wanted and more. The 44 for example has DVD playback, color screen, Bluetooth, Time Alignment, USB IPOD integration, good SQ, 3 pre-outs, etc. I did not go for the 814 double din as it costed couple of grands more plus I need to buy the bluetooth adapter separately. Which would cost me another 6k. Effectively I saved 8k by losing out on the dual din touch screen functionality. The JVC HUs do have good SQ but may lose out against the likes of Alpine 988x series and Pioneer DEH-P80RS/RSII. I did not audition the Alpine 9887 nor the P80RS/RSII so I cant comment on how big a difference in SQ the Alpines/P80RS makes when compared to the JVCs. Also please do remember that if you buy the Alpine 9887 or the P80RS/P80RSII you will have to shell out separately for the USB adapter and IPOD adapter. They together would set you back by another ~6k. The last quote I got for the Alpine 9887 was about 22k and for the Pioneer DEH-P80RSII was about 25k. If SQ is your ultimate requirement you can go for either one of the above. Also there is this Alpine 9885 which has pretty good SQ (may not be comparable to 9887) and has USB functionality built in it. The quote I got for that was about 15k (I think without B&W). Anyways it is now up to you decide based on your priorities and requirements. I knew that I wanted everything and I knew the JVC AVX 44 will deliver everything with few compromises here and there and I am extremely happy with it. One more important thing which I got as an advice from people from this forum is that the HU SQ will also depend a lot on other components in your system. In other words if you have really good quality AMPs/Speakers/Sub/Damping/RCA-cables/powercables etc in your current system then it makes sense to go for a high quality HU. This was one other reason why I backed out from the Alpine/Pioneer models mentioned above.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:53   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post

Go for the 814 pal, it is complete VFM. PM me if you want to audition the set on my car.
Old 17th January 2009, 22:27   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Go for the 814 pal, it is complete VFM. PM me if you want to audition the set on my car.
Absolutely. No doubt about it. Go for the JVC it is better than you think.

I shifted from my traditional favourite Pioneer car stereos, to a JVC 810 recently and am enjoying every bit of it. No regrets thus far.
Old 15th March 2009, 20:07   #102
BHPian

Is there a JVC avx 816 also?
How is it different from the 814?
Old 7th June 2009, 11:48   #103
BHPian

I have few question, can any one help me. I am using AVX 706.
1. Is there any way to turn off the Display screen temporarily. Driving at night become irritating becos of the light.
2. The Unit become quite heat. Is this normal all AVX system. Spl the back side of the display screen.
Old 16th June 2009, 22:57   #104

Current Price for 814 or 815

What is the current price (grey as well B/W) for 814 or 815. I want to get it installed in my Honda City
Old 19th June 2009, 12:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
1. Is there any way to turn off the Display screen temporarily. Driving at night become irritating becos of the light.
I guess under setup, there is a demonstration option. Switch it on, the display goes to demo mode after few seconds, mostly blank with words JVC and EXAD coming once in a while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks