Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 02:41   #31
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I have one of these and i've used it successfully on a college trip in a BUS, the bus HU was cassette + fm only and this helped a lot! The sound quality is typical FM! i bought it from a local shop for 400Rs
Old 8th September 2009, 17:20   #32
BHPian

How is a car USB MP3 FM Modulator?

I am having an aged Kenwood HU in one of my old cars. I dosnt have a USB port and it doesnt play MP3s. I got an USB MP3 FM modulator, which is plug and play in the cigarette socket. The 4 way speaker system blends with this device and no complains as such. The 1GB Transcend USB works well. I got this dongle for Rs.400 with a chippy remote controller. Is this made of poor standards? does it originate from China? Is it reliable to work in hot/humid/rainy climates? Is there any other good solution to use an old cassette FM player with a USB? Please advise.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:54   #33
BHPian

This system of FM modulator is quite reliable. The only problem being is that when at a traffic signal the car is restarted, the songs again start from number 1 and the sound levels are reset. that is because it has no memory. I have been using this for quite some time now. Instead of a USB, I have now started to use a Sony Walkman to play songs. It's much better now. Even some noise which used to come in USB has been negated now.

Other option which can be used is a Aux port. You can get a Aux cable from any car accessory shop for something around Rs 100 and then use an ipod or for that matter any mp3 player with a 3.5mm jack to play music.

Even better, buy a head unit and get this resolved!

abhi
Old 8th September 2009, 18:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
This system of FM modulator is quite reliable. The only problem being is that when at a traffic signal the car is restarted, the songs again start from number 1 and the sound levels are reset. that is because it has no memory.

abhi
you are wrong, nowadays you will get with memory, it works fine, only thing is if you off the engine in the middle of the song, next you start it will start from the same song but from the first instead of where it got stopped. i too have it, the name of the company is carbon i think.

also i think a thread already exists
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...apability.html

Last edited by Mr.Bangalore : 8th September 2009 at 18:19.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:30   #35
BHPian

I too have one and as rightly pointed out, when the ignition is turned off and then on, the song restarts, but it doesnt start from the first song in the list.
Moreover, the audio output that I get is rather feeble and the speakers' volume needs to be quite high in comparison to the regular FM station I listen to.
I do not remember the model name - I had picked it up in Malaysia and it was a Chinese maal. cost me about Rs. 380 (Indian equivalent)
Old 9th September 2009, 10:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

You could use an AUX cable with an mp3 player or your mobile phone if the HU supports AUX . thats what i have done . and the quality is way better than the FM dongle thingy . costs mere 150 bucks .
Old 15th September 2009, 18:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
you are wrong, nowadays you will get with memory, it works fine, only thing is if you off the engine in the middle of the song, next you start it will start from the same song but from the first instead of where it got stopped. i too have it, the name of the company is carbon i think.

also i think a thread already exists
Dear Mr. Bangalore,
I have been using this FM modulator for the past year or so. I'm very much sure that mine starts from the 1st song if the engine is restarted.
I appreciate that you have a better model which only restarts that particular song. Also, please confirm me the name of the company manufacturing it! Just keen to know!
Anyways...

Take care
Abhi
Old 18th November 2009, 15:18   #38
BHPian

Convert your CD/Radio Head Unit to MP3 Player

Ever since I bought Fiat's GP MJD 1.3 Emotion, I was missing USB port, hence the search on internet begins and found very low cost solution. Bought MP3 FM Modulator today for Rs 300/- and all we need to do is to slide the device into Cigarette Lighter charger plug (ofcourse with SD card or USB). The device comes with preset frequency 87.9, 88.1 etc. Once it’s on, tune your FM frequency with the same frequency and it’s done!

I encountered disturbance on every traffic signal, will find out the reason why? But for now I’m enjoying it and I’m sure so will you all. It’s fun to see your head unit enabled to play MP3 format so easily without any wire connection. Take a look at the pictures, below:

Cheers!
Old 18th November 2009, 15:23   #39
BHPian

hi Sandev,

There is a thread already existing in the forum.

Old 18th November 2009, 15:28   #40
BHPian

My bad, Mods you may delete this thread. Thanks
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:02   #41
BHPian

OK Guy's there is another way you could convert Punto Emotion Head Unit to Mp3 Player. At even more lower cost (Rs 200 Only) and if the 3.5 mm audio pin connected with your phone it turn out to be doing few of Blue & Me jobs . I take/make calls while driving, music get pause and car speakers works as a phone speaker and mic remains same as of phone.

Visit any near by Blaupunkt Dealer and ask him for a AUX cable (Rs 200 only) and rest he will take care of it. It's just 15 min job and your head unit will turn out to be workgin as good as Emotion Pack . The sound quality sounds more crisp and more effective when played through decent MP3 player or good music edition phone.

Here's the picture, how it had been done. (I'm sure it may effect warranty), but I checked with Balupunkt, such alteration doeasn't effect the head unit as it has been designed such way and Infact, its the same head unit used in Emotion Pack, its just the cable used in two different variants is giving different output.

Last edited by sandev : 2nd December 2009 at 18:06. Reason: Car/Variant
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
... I encountered disturbance on every traffic signal, will find out the reason why? ...
Look around - there will be one or the other old vehicle around you, with conventional distributor and spark generator. Autos, scooters/motorcycles/mopeds, even older cars with mechanical distributors - which produce loads of noise in the RF (radio) spectrum affecting both AM and FM. Also, cheap FM modulators are rather deficient in RF shielding.

OT: All India Radio, Bangalore must have moved out it's FM transmitters from the Raj Bhavan area. Other FM channels don't get overpowered any more by their transmitters when one drives past on the Raj Bhavan Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
... Visit any near by Blaupunkt Dealer and ask him for a AUX cable (Rs 200 only) and rest he will take care of it. ...
That's what I had expected with the OE Blaupunkt HUs (I had written about it in some other thread) - you have proven that it is practically done in India. That is the advantage of standardization of interfaces!
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I was searching for options to enjoy the songs thro USB, this option seems to be good.
Can someone please let me know where these goodies are available in Chennai.
Tried searching for the same in my area (South Chennai) could not find it.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:31   #44
BHPian

Buddy, try this out at any Balupunkt dealer, I'm sure Chennai sure must have one. It's priced very low and you could actually enjoy taking calls on ur phone and use car speakers to listen and handset mic to talk. Play music from your mobile or MP3 player. It's fun!
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:51   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I was searching for options to enjoy the songs thro USB, this option seems to be good.
Can someone please let me know where these goodies are available in Chennai.
Tried searching for the same in my area (South Chennai) could not find it.
Hi xingamazon,
It is available at the shops in the 100ft road,vadapalani. (Just opposite to Laxman-shruthi musicals, there is a line car accessories shops). You can get it one. It costs around 1200rs when we purchased 2 months back. You can get warranty as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks