Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2013, 19:08   #106
BHPian

Re: Wireless Fm Modulator - with SD-card and USB Capability!

Hi guys,I am looking for this product in Chennai.Can anyone tell me what is the price of this device and where it is available in Chennai.Does this device suck a lot of power from the car ?

Best,

Achyuth.

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 6th March 2013 at 19:10.
Old 6th March 2013, 19:44   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Hi guys,I am looking for this product in Chennai.Can anyone tell me what is the price of this device and where it is available in Chennai.Does this device suck a lot of power from the car ?

Best,

Achyuth.
It doesnt sap much power.
You can try eBay if you have a problem finding shops selling it. But usually most accesesory shops and even some music shops carry this product
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 18:03   #108
Team-BHP Support

I bought this http://www.tradus.com/ace-car-mp3-fm...x-cable/d/1117

The build quality is poor.
But it works. I played some mp3's files stored on a 8BG pen drive.
The sound quality is decent and setting it up was as simple as plugging it in and setting the same frequency on this and my radio.

The remote works fine. Its build quality is a little better and I think its what I should use instead of touching the flimsy buttons on the device.

It does not remember the last played song. So it will start from the first song always.
Also I did not see any option to play the song list at random.

But for Rs 200, I really cannot complain.
Old 16th March 2013, 18:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

My HU does not support USB, but does have an aux-in 3.5mm jack port. I'm totally blank on this USB FM transmitter vs aux-in thing. I have a Cowon mp3 player, so if I connect it using the aux-in of the HU, I guess the the song quality depends more on the mp3 player than the HU. Or does using an USB FM transmitter sound better than the aux-in? Please help me understand. Read from the initial pages of this thread that the FM transmitter may have interference issues?
Old 16th March 2013, 19:34   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
My HU does not support USB, but does have an aux-in 3.5mm jack port. I'm totally blank on this USB FM transmitter vs aux-in thing. I have a Cowon mp3 player, so if I connect it using the aux-in of the HU, I guess the the song quality depends more on the mp3 player than the HU. Or does using an USB FM transmitter sound better than the aux-in? Please help me understand. Read from the initial pages of this thread that the FM transmitter may have interference issues?
There are two things that determine the sound quality when using an aux in port. One is the transmitter and the other is the aux cable.

Yes, an FM transmitter does have interference issues. A friend has an iPod and iTrip and he found that whenever a cell phone was used within a close range there was interference. Also occasionally traffic did cause disturbance.

Experiment with aux cables and if you find a good one use it. Otherwise the fm transmitter is the better option, even if you do face disturbance sometimes.

As a rule I would say the fm transmitter is likely to sound better.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 20:49   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post

Best,

Achyuth.
Two months back I got one from GP Road(Chandru stores) for Rs. 600/-. With SD/USB reader and remote. SQ is not bad and device seems better compare to other models he had.
JVille07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks