Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 08:41   #16
BHPian

@vahan will definitely look it up. i don't intend to ice her of she has no rca out. I will just have to change the speakers I guess if theres no RCA or preamp out.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:19   #17
BHPian

I own Linea MJD with blue and me. So have the HU provided by Fiat. I also want an upgrade for the music system.
I have an amplifier a woofer and a pair of oval speakers. What i intend to is use the front speakers provided by the company which are 5 inch in size with the oval speakers and use the rear speakers wire (and disconnect the rear speakers provided by the company which are just 4 inch in size) to change its output type and connect the woofer through the amplifier.
There are no pre outs from the head unit. So will have to connect line in convertor which will convert the audio signals (meant for speakers) as pre out for the amplifier.
After looking into all the details i am stranded with 2 problems which are stopping me to go ahead with the changes.
Now the 1st problem is that how will the amplifier work. Usually amplifier kicks on itself when the HU is switched on and shuts off itself along with the HU. Here there is no on off out thing from the HU. So any suggestions as to how should i go about this???
And the 2nd and main problem is that do i void the warranty by doing all these?????
Old 14th April 2009, 17:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
@vahan will definitely look it up. i don't intend to ice her of she has no rca out. I will just have to change the speakers I guess if theres no RCA or preamp out.
Pranava, I too am looking to upgrade at least the speakers. Have you checked what the OE speaker size is?

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 14th April 2009, 19:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Pranava, I too am looking to upgrade at least the speakers. Have you checked what the OE speaker size is?

Gears,
Red-One.
Front doors 5 inches
rear doors 4 inches
Old 15th April 2009, 09:19   #20
BHPian

That's disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
After looking into all the details i am stranded with 2 problems which are stopping me to go ahead with the changes.
Now the 1st problem is that how will the amplifier work. Usually amplifier kicks on itself when the HU is switched on and shuts off itself along with the HU. Here there is no on off out thing from the HU. So any suggestions as to how should i go about this???
And the 2nd and main problem is that do i void the warranty by doing all these?????

I think it will definitely void the warranty. About your first problem only the ICE gurus here can help. I am just a novice

Thanks for letting me know the speaker dimensions. Such a let down to know that the rear has 4" speakers.
Old 15th April 2009, 09:26   #21
BHPian

[quote=Prash;1259459]I own Linea MJD with blue and me. So have the HU provided by Fiat. I also want an upgrade for the music system.
I have an amplifier a woofer and a pair of oval speakers. What i intend to is use the front speakers provided by the company

Those distort crazy the moment yo crank the volume anywhere above level 6 or 7 on the volume dial buddy. Suggest you replace them as well... dam now with no pre amp outputs i cant run my preferred set up of compos in front and just a sub. was hoping that the HU being a Blau would have had a preamp/rca out.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:10   #22
BHPian

Finally Found A Solution

Hey i have a friend who has a Pioneer GM 6200F amplifier with him which he wants to dispose it of. There is this 'line in' feature in the amplifier in which the out (for the speakers) from the HU can directly be connected to the amplifier. So now from the amplifier i can connect my rear speaker (which i will place it on the rear tray) and a woofer (which will go in the boot). I have an additional amplifier and a woofer which i am planning to connect it from the pre out of the 1st amplifier (GM 6200F). So all in all 2 (company provided) front speakers connected directly from the HU and from the rear out will get a pair of oval speakers and 2 woofers. Will disconnect the rear door speakers.
I spoke to Fiat and they say that no wire cutting should be done. Here i wont be cutting any wire and will pull power for the amplifier from the car battery. Hope this solves my problem of warranty going void.
Any suggestions please pour in.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So all in all 2 (company provided) front speakers connected directly from the HU and from the rear out will get a pair of oval speakers and 2 woofers.
From what I understand you are planning to use 1 Pio 6200F amp and 1 other amp. 1 amp will drive your rear 2 speakers and woofer and the other amp will drive a second woofer.

1. what is the other amp
2. what are the woofers
3. with 2 amps driving the stuff in the back the front speakers will get drowned out
Old 15th April 2009, 19:23   #24
BHPian

Hey, keep us posted with what you finally managed to do with pictures.
I'm keen on borrowing your research for my Linea :-)
Cheers Pranava,
Enjoy your next long drive
Old 15th April 2009, 20:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

I can suggest two options for 20k:
1. My personal preference: Buy 4 speakers and connect to a 4-channel amplifier;Upgrade to a mono/powerful 2-channel and sub later on
2. As many have suggested, 2 components, 4-channel amp and sub now; later rear-fills as required
Old 15th April 2009, 23:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hey i have a friend who has a Pioneer GM 6200F amplifier with him which he wants to dispose it of.
==============
Here i wont be cutting any wire and will pull power for the amplifier from the car battery. Hope this solves my problem of warranty going void.
That's interesting prash...where there's a will there's a way nice going...yes was speaking to a cousin who does some of this stuff and he gave me a similar suggestion
Old 15th April 2009, 23:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Here i wont be cutting any wire and will pull power for the amplifier from the car battery. Hope this solves my problem of warranty going void.
what all amp are you planning to use one is 6200 other amp model # ?
you will atleast need a four gauge cable from the battery for 2 amplifiers and running rear from the amp and fronts from the hu,will nit suggested this.

list all the equipment here you have speaker,cable,hu,amp,sub.
Old 17th April 2009, 09:17   #28
BHPian

Hi Gurus,

Need your suggestions on this. I am looking more for SQ than SPL and need recommendations on what amplifier, components and sub you would suggest keeping SQ in mind.
As of now for components just not sure but have shortlisted JL Audio, Rockford and Infinity.
And for the Sub I am looking at maybe the JL or Rckford. Suggestions welcome.
othing has been thought of on the amp front as well...JBL as of now s a tentative option
I need something that sounds relatively flat. I listen to various genres of music and therefore looking for a setup that sounds natural and plays out the spectrum of frequencies. A good referance track would be Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb/Learning to fly from the Pulse Album

Thanks
Old 17th April 2009, 10:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

@pranav which car all this will go and your budget.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
@pranav which car all this will go and your budget.

Fiat Linea karan and budget as of now is 30,000

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks