Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2008, 13:45   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
I paid Rs 16.5K in total for the electronics and fitting at Kar Spot next to Innovative Multiplex, Marathalli, Outer Ring Road
Thanks for the Update Amar - did this cost include the rear plank or did fix the rear speakers in the plastic tray?
Old 27th July 2008, 20:26   #137
BHPian

All inclusive Rs 16.5K

Wooden MDF plank (good quality) suited for Palio and roof antenna as well all included in the Rs 16.5K cost along with an Autocop central lock i swiped Rs 20k on credit card
Old 12th August 2008, 15:27   #138
BHPian

Hello Gurus,

I am planning to get our MJD ICEed. This is what I have in mind after looking at fellow BHPIans setup.

Head unit with aux and USB
Front components 5 1/4 inch ( want to use stock location )
Rear - 6X9 Co-ax

Budget -
HU - 5 to 6.5 k
Front comps - 3 to 5 k
Rear ovals - 2 to 3 k
Wiring and instalation - 2 k

I don't like ching chins and boom booms. Like SQ ( mildly spoilt by listening to Westone UM1s ) and sound stage. Like my bass tight and highs smooth. I know its asking a lot in my budget, but hey gurus can do magic I suppose.

My concern is will the built- in HU amplifier good enough to power these speakers. For example Pio -4050 is just 14 W rms but the JBL gt5 963 6X9 is rated 70W rms and the front comps are 40 - 50 W rms. I guess this setup would work upto a certain volume, or will it damage the speakers. If I have to use an amp suggest me a basic ( cheap and cheerful ) that will do the job.

I don't have any preference to brands but popular ones will be easier to source for me here.

Thanks
Old 12th August 2008, 20:48   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
Budget -
HU - 5 to 6.5 k
Front comps - 3 to 5 k
Rear ovals - 2 to 3 k
Wiring and instalation - 2 k

I don't like ching chins and boom booms. Like SQ ( mildly spoilt by listening to Westone UM1s ) and sound stage. ...
Enna GreenMachin-e, mildly spoilt-a? A UM1 only makes you a "spoilt brat"!

You must be meaning grey prices in your budget.

HU: mostly depends on what features you want, and what you can procure
Front comps: Preferably JBL GTO / Blaupunkt THc / Illusion Electra. The others might either be boom boom or chin chin.
Rear ovals: the JBL 937s might just be the c&b of the available lot, alternately the Blaupunkt GTx or THx
Wiring & installation: OK
Plank for the 937?

PS: If you listen to music at moderate volume, an amp is really not required till you get used to your system and are aware of the deficiencies. If and when you do that, you can go in for a JBL A604, Blaupunkt GT4 Special Mark II or Kenwood 8401 or something like that - should be in the 6K range. Till then the 937 will not be a problem on the HU amp. Who knows, your tastes might change and scream for a sub by then.

Last edited by DerAlte : 12th August 2008 at 21:27.
Old 12th August 2008, 22:51   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Enna GreenMachin-e, mildly spoilt-a? A UM1 only makes you a "spoilt brat"!
why DA, they only cost about $100.
Old 13th August 2008, 00:18   #141
Senior - BHPian

That's why! When one gets used to the luxury of a tonally neutral EP at that price, it spoils you like nothing else. Reflects in @g's expectation of 'quality' at his budget.
Old 13th August 2008, 23:27   #142
BHPian

guys I got my new Palio MJD today and will soon be going in for some ICE. Now I did go through this thread and am very confused. If some one can just give me straight instructions it will be highly appreciated. My requirements are as follows

1. Need a HU which has a front AUX input option. USB is welcome. Not looking for anything expensive.

2. I want to retain the existing parcel tray at the back. So my rear speakers have to go into the stock location. Please tell me the options for this location.

3. No sub or amp. So no component speakers. Please suggest what else I can use in the other two locations in the front.

4. I don't want my setup to be more that 12-15K.

If there is a post somewhere which answers my questions, please point me to that link.
Thanks in advance!
Old 14th August 2008, 11:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

1. HU: Blaupunkt London or Pio / Kenwood / JVC (not sure of the models, you need to ask what is available) - about 6-8K
2. Front components (don't worry, the HU amp can drive them quite OK): JBL GT5/GTO, Blaupunkt GTc/THc, Illusion Electra, Polk db (if you like it bright), Bull (if you can find them in Bangalore) - 6K or less
3. 2-way coax for the rear doors - from the same family as above (3K or less)

That makes it 15K or less, with b&w (not Pio HU). Drive a good bargain, you will save a bit. Look for a total deal, and they might throw in installation.

PS: Make sure you stand there when they install - prevent them from cutting, splicing and taping wires, tell them to use proper adapters and terminals

Last edited by DerAlte : 14th August 2008 at 11:19.
Old 14th August 2008, 13:30   #144
BHPian

Thanks Der for your suggestions. Accordingly I contacted a installer who is a friend of a friend of mine who got his car kitted out with stuff costing close to 1 L. Strangely he is keen on selling fewer stuff then what I want. His logic - start here and upgrade if you feel the itch - need.

His suggestions

HU - JVC - Welcome to JVC India - Rs :4800 WoB&W

Speakers front - JBL:GTO 27 - Rs:1650 WoB&W

Speakers rear - Ultimate Sound T1 - 690 -http://ultimate-sound.com/products_t1_speakers.html Rs: 2050 WoB&W ( I auditioned them in a car, they were pretty entertaining. Gurus are they any good )

Wiring , plank and installation: Rs : 1300
Total: 9800

When I pushed him that I want some quality sound, his suggestion

HU: Pioneer 6050 or JVC kd -g75 - he said there is some burr - brown thing that gives this good quality.

Front: Blau Thc 542 : Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - TH-Series - THc 542 : Rs :4200 WB&W

Rear: JBL : 635 - Rs: 2700 WoB&W

But he insisted on an amp for this setup to do justice to HU and components,at least a sony 2 channel - Rs: ~ 3000

What do you say Gurus
Old 14th August 2008, 20:32   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. HU: Blaupunkt London or Pio / Kenwood / JVC (not sure of the models, you need to ask what is available) - about 6-8K
2. Front components (don't worry, the HU amp can drive them quite OK): JBL GT5/GTO, Blaupunkt GTc/THc, Illusion Electra, Polk db (if you like it bright), Bull (if you can find them in Bangalore) - 6K or less
3. 2-way coax for the rear doors - from the same family as above (3K or less)
Der,
Thanks a ton this really helps a lot. Just one more question, the 2-way coax you mention as rear door.. I hope you mean the location that is already provided?

Also is there a decent place anyone knows in Bangalore where I could just walk-in and have the peace of mind that the guy knows his job?
Old 14th August 2008, 23:04   #146
BHPian

response

hey madhav you can go to either of these two places they're pretty good. in indiranagar you can go to torque he's good and efficient but not too many comapnies in stock or you can go to team pitstop at the the pitstop opposite lifestyle on richmond road or you could go to the JBL outlet next to the coffee day on lavelle road. the other two guys are also pretty good. most of the carry originals.
Old 15th August 2008, 23:53   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
...When I pushed him that I want some quality sound, his suggestion

HU: Pioneer 6050 or JVC kd -g75 - he said there is some burr - brown thing that gives this good quality.

Front: Blau Thc 542 : Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - TH-Series - THc 542 : Rs :4200 WB&W

Rear: JBL : 635 - Rs: 2700 WoB&W

But he insisted on an amp for this setup to do justice to HU and components,at least a sony 2 channel - Rs: ~ 3000...
HU - OK. Search the other threads for the price others have paid to get an idea.

Front components: OK

Rear: JBL 937, not 635.

No, amp is not needed - least of all a Sony amp (maybe that is where he is making his most margin). Get used to the sound, and then later when your mind really screams for more (it will, one day), get an amp and a sub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
... the 2-way coax you mention as rear door.. I hope you mean the location that is already provided?

Also is there a decent place anyone knows in Bangalore where I could just walk-in and have the peace of mind that the guy knows his job?
Yes, the stock location on rear door.

For JBL: Sound Factor, Lavelle Road.

For Blaupunkt: Mandovi Motors, Wilson Garden (behind BMTC Depot) or Kanakapura Road
Old 30th August 2008, 11:51   #148
BHPian

Where are 6 speaker locations in SDX

Hey Guys!
Got a lot of info on ICE - ing the car.Thanks to each and everyone of you here for providing the best advise.
Am planning a MJD SDX.But I have a rather silly or more nascent query on the speakers.
FIAT PALIO SDX brochure says"Wiring and Antennae for 6 Speakers".
But on looking at the car I find only 2 sockets on front and 2 on the rear behind the rear seat.Where is the provision for the third set? On the dash board ?
Please advise.Or is it simply a misguide on the brochure.Infact even the website says 6 speakers for SDX.
Help.
Regards
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:47   #149
BHPian

Fiat palio MJD 1.3 SDX: Speakers

Hello everyone,

I intend to buy a Fiat Palio 1.3 SDX model in the coming month. I have two queries.

I have asked a friend from USA to get me the Blaupunkt London MP37 system. He has already purchased it and I should get it in two weeks time. I would like to know what best speaker combination (Balupunkt) could I go for without an amp. Would a GT662 component fit in the front door? If not, which one would you recommend?

Secondly, would a smaller speaker at the back (fitted in the space provided) give me decent enough sound with good bass? I know it wont be the same as a set of larger oval speakers but if I fit oval speakers on the tray, there might be a problem of the tray rattling. How true is that in your experience? In either case, you could please suggest me a good set for the rear (oval or small)?

Hope to hear from someone soon. Thank you very much.
-Ganesh

Last edited by aah78 : 4th September 2008 at 20:44. Reason: Thread split. Relevant posts moved to relevant threads.
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:14   #150
BHPian

I have 6.5" polk components on my front door, they fit with no problem.

For tires I suggest 185/65R13 considering the condition of our roads..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks