BHPian

Palio MJD ICED Finally

Sammyboy and I had great fun getting the Palio MJD ICED after 2 months with:

Pioneer 5050 USB HU
GT5-650C Components
GTO-937 Rear

USB MP3's sound better than discs,great combo without any amp now

All with original wiring and relays it sounds like a charm

While the Red Beauty was getting ICED got queries from a couple on the car,there were a bachelor duo one of whom had booked a swift vxi and took a detailed survey of my car ,installed confirmed no dampenning required for a Palio front door for components and they concluded more space in the rear sadly.

We loved all that Attention for sure looking forward to more queries.
Old 16th July 2008, 23:04   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
Sammyboy and I had great fun getting the Palio MJD ICED after 2 months with:

Pioneer 5050 USB HU
GT5-650C Components
GTO-937 Rear

USB MP3's sound better than discs,great combo without any amp now

All with original wiring and relays it sounds like a charm

While the Red Beauty was getting ICED got queries from a couple on the car,there were a bachelor duo one of whom had booked a swift vxi and took a detailed survey of my car ,installed confirmed no dampenning required for a Palio front door for components and they concluded more space in the rear sadly.

We loved all that Attention for sure looking forward to more queries.
Hey Amar,
I'm planning the same setup for my 1.6. where did ICE your car and how much did you pay??
Old 17th July 2008, 11:10   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Congrats on the install, and how is the installation by overhaul? did you buy the components from him?
Yes. I bought everything from him. I think he did a decent job. The installer is experienced guy. I could realize it when one of the speakers (front left) was not sounding and immediately he tested and showed me that the stock wire was short somewhere. I know, this could be a very basic thing for installers, but it was a nice catch. He claimed that he had seen this on some more Palios, which tells me that he has done couple of installs.

I don't know how many of you have considered Polks over other stuff. I'd suggest you to audition them before you decide on anything. They are really good speakers.

And, btw, I don't think the Overhaull is that great in tuning. You can very well do it your self. Moreover, what sounds good for others may not sound good to you at all. Tuning is not a rocket science. Doing the settings in Pioneer is pretty easy.
Old 17th July 2008, 12:10   #124
BANNED

What are the pros and cons of mixing brands in one setup like for ex: inifinity for compos and JBL for coaxs/sub?
Old 17th July 2008, 12:31   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What are the pros and cons of mixing brands in one setup like for ex: inifinity for compos and JBL for coaxs/sub?
You call this a Pro or a Con. To many it depends on their taste. Keeping the speakers from the same stable and preferably from the same series ensures that all speakers will be tonally matched. However there are no fixed rules so please feel free to experiment.
Old 17th July 2008, 12:40   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Every brand has a signature sound. So mixing them may not be the best idea. I am saying this even though I have mixed brands in one of my cars, which has been done purely from budget point of view - I use the fader extensively in that setup.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 17th July 2008 at 12:41.
Old 18th July 2008, 08:33   #127
BANNED

Once again, may please I know who deals with illusion audio in Bangalore? Also where can I audition some hertz/illusion/infinity set ups?
Old 18th July 2008, 08:46   #128
BANNED

Zaks, you can contact BlueRaven316. He has done a few Illusion audio installs I believe. He might be able to help you out.
There's a certain Bhpian with a Civic who has a Hertz & audison setup in Bangalore.
And get in touch with SSPL. They might help you out for Hertz speakers and amps.
Old 18th July 2008, 08:52   #129
Senior - BHPian

@ zaks

I believe Illusions are easily available at Sprocket. Infinitys at Sound Factor, Lavelle Road. Not sure about Hertz.
Old 18th July 2008, 10:21   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Zaks, you can contact BlueRaven316. He has done a few Illusion audio installs I believe. He might be able to help you out.
There's a certain Bhpian with a Civic who has a Hertz & audison setup in Bangalore.
And get in touch with SSPL. They might help you out for Hertz speakers and amps.
Thanks @speed, who is SSPL btw? somebody here said sprocket also stocks hertz. How to get hold of that civic guy now
Old 18th July 2008, 10:39   #131
BHPian

Blueraven stocks illusions, you may contact him. I have illusion EL 6.1 and coaxes in my car. You may audition that. It’s a simple setup as of now, no amp, sub woofer. HU is Alpine 9886.
Old 18th July 2008, 11:05   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpid View Post
Blueraven stocks illusions, you may contact him. I have illusion EL 6.1 and coaxes in my car. You may audition that. It’s a simple setup as of now, no amp, sub woofer. HU is Alpine 9886.
Wow, you just have what I am looking at. No subs and amp for me too, at least immediately. Can you pm me your number?
Old 19th July 2008, 05:04   #133
BHPian

I paid Rs 16.5K in total for the electronics and fitting at Kar Spot next to Innovative Multiplex, Marathalli, Outer Ring Road
Old 19th July 2008, 11:30   #134
BANNED

Ans.

Quote:
Thanks @speed, who is SSPL btw? somebody here said sprocket also stocks hertz. How to get hold of that civic guy now
You're welcome.
SSPL is located in Brigade road after Shoolay circle. They are the distributors/importers of many ICE brands.
Sprocket sells almost every brand in the world of ICE. They used to sell Hertz while it was imported/distributed by BBW. Now that BBW has stopped dealing Hertz, I don't know if Sprocket still sells them.

Getting hold of the Civic guy is one of the big question marks many have faced till now. So, welcome to the club.
Btw, his nick is ST7677.
Old 19th July 2008, 11:55   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
You're welcome.
SSPL is located in Brigade road after Shoolay circle. They are the distributors/importers of many ICE brands.
Sprocket sells almost every brand in the world of ICE. They used to sell Hertz while it was imported/distributed by BBW. Now that BBW has stopped dealing Hertz, I don't know if Sprocket still sells them.
SSPL is doing Hertz but not Audison.

But if you have a budget less thank 10k you can leave Hertz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks