Old 19th June 2008, 11:54   #106
BHPian

ICE in Palio Stile 1.6

Hey all,

I have following basic ICE setup in my Palio Stile 1.6

HU : Blaupunkt Kingston MP47
Front : JBL GT650C Components
Back : JBL 502 Coaxials

The sound quality is really crisp and clear.

I am planning to add Amp and Sub in the future.

One question I have is can I add Amp & Sub to this existing setup or I have to upgrade my speakers as well?

Cheers
Pankaj
Old 19th June 2008, 15:03   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajP View Post
Hey all,

I have following basic ICE setup in my Palio Stile 1.6

HU : Blaupunkt Kingston MP47
Front : JBL GT650C Components
Back : JBL 502 Coaxials

The sound quality is really crisp and clear.

I am planning to add Amp and Sub in the future.

One question I have is can I add Amp & Sub to this existing setup or I have to upgrade my speakers as well?
Good setup you have there. Adding an amp and sub will really make it better. You need not change the speakers if you are happy with it. How are you planning to do it??
1. Add a 4-channel amp for the existing speakers and a separate mono amp for the sub.
2. Add a 4-channel amp, run the front components and the sub from the amp and the rear speaker from HU.
3. Add a 2-channel amp and power the sub from it while having the rest of the setup same.

What is your Budget?? The choice depends on it!!
Old 19th June 2008, 16:33   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Good setup you have there. Adding an amp and sub will really make it better. You need not change the speakers if you are happy with it. How are you planning to do it??
1. Add a 4-channel amp for the existing speakers and a separate mono amp for the sub.
2. Add a 4-channel amp, run the front components and the sub from the amp and the rear speaker from HU.
3. Add a 2-channel amp and power the sub from it while having the rest of the setup same.

What is your Budget?? The choice depends on it!!
Hi Praveen..Thanks

Well I will be going with Option 2 in your list i.e 4 channel amp, run the front components and Sub from Amp and rear speakers from HU.

What are the options for about 10k budget ?

As per Blaunpunkt Mp47 manual, it has

4-Channel preamp out to control external amplifiers (front/rear) and
Sub-out for subwoofer control (variable gain/frequency)

What is this 'Sub-out for subwoofer control ' ?

Cheers
Old 19th June 2008, 16:50   #109
Senior - BHPian

Sub-Out output is meant to be connected to the amp driving the sub-woofer. The HU allows loudness and the cut-off frequency to be set for the signal that will be sent out over Sub-Out.
Old 10th July 2008, 21:31   #110
BHPian

The Palio ICE Thread

After much deliberation, a five year old wish has been fulfilled today cheers:.
I've booked a palio 1.6 - in magnesium grey with Manipal Motors today. Delivery has been promised on 16th July Friday.

I need help to put together an ICE setup. Budget strictly not over 15K.
I am not much into heavy bass. Good clear sound with bass that doesn't seem to be straining the speakers is the need of the day. iPod and USB connectivity are desired. I'm not too sure how the bluetooth compatible systems work - but could consider this feature.
The Palio comes with factory wiring for 6 speakers. This should be adequate - I do not want a sub-woofer as the boot space is definitely going to be used frequently.
Gurus and experienced BHPians please help put together a solution.
p.s. I'm slightly biased to Pioneer as I am very familiar with the options and menus.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2008 at 09:05. Reason: Removed Non Ice portion
Old 10th July 2008, 22:47   #111
BHPian

Hi Viper,

Congrats on the new car. The Palio 1.6 is a great car. I have had mine for about a month and really enjoy it. You can read about my upgrades on my post of the used 2002 GTX.

I am running the Michelin Pilot Preceda and they are awesome! They are really sticky and really improve the vehicle handling.

I went with a Sony head unit since I had one lying around. But if I had to buy one I would have gone with a Blaupunkt unit since they directly plug into the wiring harness of the Palio with no adapter harness needed. Like you, I did not install a subwoofer or amp due to the limited cargo volume and to prevent headaches. I installed 4 JBL 5.25 inch speakers which have good sound quality.
Old 11th July 2008, 08:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

congrats. im sure you are going to enjoy every second with your car.

GO for JBL speakers. They are very good and sound clarity with aequate bass levels.
Old 11th July 2008, 10:07   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
I've booked a palio 1.6 Budget strictly not over 15K.
I am not much into heavy bass.I do not want a sub-woofer as the boot space is definitely going to be used frequently. I'm slightly biased to Pioneer
Pioneer 5xxx HU with USB 6K
JBL GT5/Blaupunkt THc etc... components: 6K
same as above coax for rear: 3K

However without a sub you mgiht want to consider a MDF tray and 6x9s. This will oocupy a bit of the rear trunck but wiill definitely up the bass. The stock locations in a Palio (without mods) wont allow for a speaker large enough to produce bass. Havind said that I have heard a Palio with a modded front door panel for a 8" component. No sub was required for the bass but an amplifier was.
Old 11th July 2008, 19:37   #114
BANNED

Hi Guys,
I bought my Palio(black) MJD SDX a month back and now would like to ICE it up .
As a first step, a month back I got the Alpine-9886 from the US.
Now for the speakers, I am considering front components from Inifnity/Hertz/JBL and for rear Inifinity/Hertz/JBL co-axials. (subs and amps come as next upgrade, if needed)
I am not sure of the sizes for the speakers in the Palio MJD. (Do I measure the speaker locations diagonally?)
Now a couple of questions-
1. Where can I audition the above brands? and any idea of their cost as my budget for the speakers including good wiring and installation is around 12-15K (with b/w).
2. Would the Alpine HU cause any trouble with the Palio's wiring harness and hence warranty?

Have heard some setups which are so bass dominant that I hardly hear any music other than dhum...dhum, you know what I mean.
I would like a good SQ over SL. A big bass which will drown out the other parts of the spectrum is a no-no.

throw some gyan please
Old 11th July 2008, 20:04   #115
Senior - BHPian

Good plan, good HU!

1. Ask the showroom accessory guys to be sure of the speaker size. The other Palio models (and we expect this one to be the same) have 5.25" in front doors, which can accommodate 6.5" with spacers. Rear I am not sure, but it maybe 4" (according to @hydrashok) which can take 5.25" with spacers
2. The most easily accessible place to audition JBL & Infinity is Sound Factor on Lavelle Road (near the Vittal Mallya Circle). Hertz: not sure, you need to ask around. Sprocket Koramangala carries them, but they don't audition.
3. The HU purchased in US may not have International warranty (check) so it wouldn't matter. Ask the installer to use a harness adapter for Palio - make sure they don't cut and join cables with tape - stand there to supervize if you have to!

If one puts in 6x9's and subs and does not tune the system properly, that's what you get. Read up the ICE section, with a little effort even you can tune your system properly.
Old 13th July 2008, 11:59   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Good plan, good HU!

1. Ask the showroom accessory guys to be sure of the speaker size. The other Palio models (and we expect this one to be the same) have 5.25" in front doors, which can accommodate 6.5" with spacers. Rear I am not sure, but it maybe 4" (according to @hydrashok) which can take 5.25" with spacers
2. The most easily accessible place to audition JBL & Infinity is Sound Factor on Lavelle Road (near the Vittal Mallya Circle). Hertz: not sure, you need to ask around. Sprocket Koramangala carries them, but they don't audition.
3. The HU purchased in US may not have International warranty (check) so it wouldn't matter. Ask the installer to use a harness adapter for Palio - make sure they don't cut and join cables with tape - stand there to supervize if you have to!

If one puts in 6x9's and subs and does not tune the system properly, that's what you get. Read up the ICE section, with a little effort even you can tune your system properly.
Thanks @DerAlte, but I was talking about the warranty of Palio not HU(of course no international warranty).
Who in bangy deals with illusion?
I would like to know if any bhpians having above installs are free to give some audition of their stuff .
Old 13th July 2008, 16:37   #117
Senior - BHPian

No, doubt if the vehicle warranty would be void if an appropriate harness adapter is used, but please do check the warranty clauses for anything suspicious.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:02   #118

OK guys, here is finally what I did,

Pio 6050 - 8750/-
polk 5251 comp - 6000/-
polk db 691 - 5000/-
MDF - 750/-

(off the topic, MGT remote central lock)
Rounded off to 23k.

I'm loving it. Initially the rear o/p was more and not sustainable for rear passengers. I did some fader adjustments and things are fine. The speakers are crystal clear and have tight bass. Head unit drives them decently. This quality comment is before run-in time. (FYI - polks have long run-in time - 200hrs)

All in all, I'm very happy about the setup.

There is wiring issue in left front door. Installer has put up an external wire. Need to get the original wiring rectified (first service).

Cheers.

p.s. installer Overhaull Banashankari
Old 14th July 2008, 22:52   #119
BHPian

Guys, this what I've planned with rates:
Pioneer 5090 6000/- w/o B/W
JBL GT-650C components 4000/-
JBL GTO 937 - 6X9 Co-ax 2400/-
MDF box type plank 850/-

Do these rates look ok?
On the JBL website i saw another pair of 6X9 - T696. Does anyone have any experience with these in terms of performance and cost?

I may go for a basic amp later. A sub is definitely ruled out - not my style.

Feedback & comments welcome. Car is supposed to be delivered on friday and ICEing it on sat or sun.
Old 15th July 2008, 12:09   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiam View Post
OK guys, here is finally what I did,

Pio 6050 - 8750/-
polk 5251 comp - 6000/-
polk db 691 - 5000/-
MDF - 750/-

(off the topic, MGT remote central lock)
Rounded off to 23k.

I'm loving it. Initially the rear o/p was more and not sustainable for rear passengers. I did some fader adjustments and things are fine. The speakers are crystal clear and have tight bass. Head unit drives them decently. This quality comment is before run-in time. (FYI - polks have long run-in time - 200hrs)

All in all, I'm very happy about the setup.

There is wiring issue in left front door. Installer has put up an external wire. Need to get the original wiring rectified (first service).

Cheers.

p.s. installer Overhaull Banashankari
Congrats on the install, and how is the installation by overhaul? did you buy the components from him?

Last edited by zaks : 15th July 2008 at 12:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks