Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 14:20   #151
BHPian

I have finalised on the GTc 542 components for my front doors and GTx 693 for the rear. The dealer also told me that the car comes with company fitted tweeters in the space near the mirrors which are very difficult to remove and hence I would need to get the tweeters from the component installed on the dash. Is that true? Can't the tweeters be installed in the location provided near the mirrors?

Last edited by aah78 : 4th September 2008 at 20:46. Reason: Thread split. Relevant posts moved to relevant threads.
Old 4th September 2008, 22:21   #152
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest me a place where I can get an MDF tray for my Palio in Pune.
I enquired at a couple of places but no one has it.

Also, Will the speakers give out the good quality output if installed on the Stock Tray? Is it advisable to install on the stock tray?
Old 4th September 2008, 23:10   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Can anyone suggest me a place where I can get an MDF tray for my Palio in Pune.
I enquired at a couple of places but no one has it.

Also, Will the speakers give out the good quality output if installed on the Stock Tray? Is it advisable to install on the stock tray?
Installing speakers on the stock tray is not a good idea. It will start rattling badly when you play music at high volumes. Replacing it with a wooden one would be better. Or else, you can install round speakers at their respective slots provided and put a sub for the low frequencies.
Old 5th September 2008, 19:27   #154

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my new Multijet ICEd up asap. From discussions here and other threads, I'm thinking a USB-input Pioneer/Kenwood HU, JBL 607c/608c in the front and ____ in the rear. And that's the problem. I'd settled on the oft-recommended GTO 937s when I realised that they are 6x9s and cannot be fit in the stock location. I don't want to use a MDF plank in the rear - reduction of boot space and lack of understanding of where it would fit wrt the parcel tray being reasons.

Is there are good 5.25" speaker I could use in the rear, installed in the stock locales? Please advise.

/vv
Old 5th September 2008, 20:14   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
I have finalised on the GTc 542 components for my front doors and GTx 693 for the rear. The dealer also told me that the car comes with company fitted tweeters in the space near the mirrors which are very difficult to remove and hence I would need to get the tweeters from the component installed on the dash. Is that true? Can't the tweeters be installed in the location provided near the mirrors?
AFAIK, there is a space for the tweeters as a part of the mirror assembly but the tweeters are not provided by Fiat. A good location for your compo-tweeters would be the A pillar - It manages to hide the wiring pretty well too.
Old 5th September 2008, 20:29   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_meee View Post
Hi all,

And that's the problem. I'd settled on the oft-recommended GTO 937s when I realised that they are 6x9s and cannot be fit in the stock location. I don't want to use a MDF plank in the rear - reduction of boot space and lack of understanding of where it would fit wrt the parcel tray being reasons.
/vv
You can try going for a box type MDF tray. The speakers will not intrude into the boot space thus also protecting them from potential damage in case the boot is loaded. Rear view vision is not impacted - my personal experience.
Old 5th September 2008, 20:32   #157

Thanks.

If I were to drop all plans involving MDF, what would be a good speaker I could fit in the rear?

/vv
Old 6th September 2008, 00:06   #158
BHPian

ICE Upgrade for Verna - Suggestion

Hi All,
Sorry to jump in a wrong thread and post my query about a different car ICE.
Currently I have a Verna VGT and followings are my vasic ICE Setup -

HU - Pio 4050
FL/FR - JBL GTO627 Co-ax
Rear - SOny 6X9 (taken from my old car).
Sub: Sony 12 " Sub + sony 2 channel amp in ported box.

But, I'm thinking to upgrade the current set up a tad for better clarity. Accroding to the budget, my option is -

Replace the Rear sony 6X9 with a GTO 927 / OR replace the front coaxial speakers with a component set.

Gurus: can you help me which one will be more worth for the investment I'm going to make i.e. which will make more difference in terms of the sound quality? ( Most of the time I stay in the driver's seat )

Also guide me how much will be the cost of 6.5" compo ( within 5K) and which one is the best bet within that limited money.

Waiting for the reply.

Cheers
Old 9th September 2008, 14:23   #159

Quote:
If I were to drop all plans involving MDF, what would be a good speaker I could fit in the rear?
Anyone? A good speaker that would fit into the stock rear locales of a palio MJD.

Or will a 5.25" speaker in the rear not provide enough bass without a sub? I'm not a particular fan of soft music, but will not be blasting the speakers either.

Pls. advice.
/vv
Old 9th September 2008, 14:44   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone? A good speaker that would fit into the stock rear locales of a palio MJD.

Or will a 5.25" speaker in the rear not provide enough bass without a sub? I'm not a particular fan of soft music, but will not be blasting the speakers either.

Pls. advice.
/vv
Can't comment on a good speaker that would fit in stock position, but I can tell you that rounds will not pack in as much bass as ovals.

If you go for rounds in stock position - you may have to go for a woofer i.e. if you like the thump!
I can't comment on rounds as I have never used them in the rear but some audiophiles say that clarity is better and you should let the woofer do its job on the bass!

Gurus - some expert advise will help!
Old 9th September 2008, 16:22   #161
BHPian

Are Pioneer car products duplicates in mumbai market?

Hi Guyz,

I'm planning to have a ICE setup on Palio Stile 1.6. One of my friend who does a Car audio installation recommends Sony, Blau, JBL etc but not of Pioneer car prods since according to him most are not officially launched in India and there are lot of duplicate Pioneers available in the market. So he stays away from Pioneer.

Is this true? Should one be careful when buying a Pioneer car product in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai?

If this is untrue, anyone has a idea where to get a good known Pioneer car products? I'm plannin for Pioneer HU. Is it worth over a Sony HU?

Thanks and cheers~
Old 9th September 2008, 17:10   #162
Senior - BHPian

^^

Nothing wrong with the Pioneers. If you buy from a reputed place, you will get genuine. And, I personally prefer Pioneer over Sonys.
Old 9th September 2008, 18:44   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi Guyz,
If this is untrue, anyone has a idea where to get a good known Pioneer car products? I'm plannin for Pioneer HU. Is it worth over a Sony HU?

Thanks and cheers~
I prefer Pio's to Sony - buy with bill and warranty - no question of getting duplicate stuff.
If you got a little more vitamin M to spend - go for an Alpine HU - worth the money.
Old 9th September 2008, 18:46   #164
BHPian

Hi again,

After much deliberation, I have concluded that fitting oval speakers in the stock or an MDF tray would lead to rattling some day or the other. I am therefore keen on going with the other option i.e. speakers in the stock location at the back and a subwoofer.

Since I am getting the HU and the speakers from Blaupunkt (GTc 542 components for the front), could you please suggest the largest and best speakers that I can fit into the rear stock location without any modifications?

Could you also then suggest the cheapest reliable/decent 2-channel amp+subwoofer combination? Should I buy these two from Blaupunkt too or is it quite easy/painless to get a JBL or such brand. I am asking because I understand that the Blaupunkt London HU which I have has a separate output for subwoofer meaning that even if I have to splice wires for the subwoofer, the other speakers would not be affected.

Thanks,
-Ganesh

P.S.: Is there anyone in Pune with an ICE-ed Palio who would be kind enough to demo it?
Old 9th September 2008, 20:08   #165
Senior - BHPian

Any reason for sticking to blaupunkt speakers ?

If you are getting components upfront i recommend you getting a 4channel amp. Do you drive most of the time, if so why dont you get just front speakers?
I assume you already have a HU. Your best bet would be as follows.

Front comps 5-6k (IMO JBL/BULL is a better choice than Blau)
Rear coax 3-5k (JBL, BULL etc.)
4 channel amp 5-7k (JBL 60.4, Kenwood 8401)
SUB : 5-6k (JBL)
Wiring and installation 2-3k.

Your whole install should cost about 20 -25k. You will save about 3-5k if you skip the rear speakers.(Skip if the rear seat is not used much)

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 9th September 2008 at 20:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks