Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2005, 02:59   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan
Navin,
The DIN sleeve that comes with pioneer 7750 does not have side brackets(the one with screwholes),that matches the Getz screw holes..Gunbir,pls help
Hi Chandan

The DIN sleeve doesnt come with the Pioneer HU. It comes pre installed in some cars with the OEM HU. Some people get their OEM HU changed and very often the installer removes the DIN sleeve and keeps it. I suggest you go to a Hyundai workshop as they may some lying around, or any good installer in your area.
Old 22nd December 2005, 12:34   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hi Chandan

The DIN sleeve doesnt come with the Pioneer HU. It comes pre installed in some cars with the OEM HU. Some people get their OEM HU changed and very often the installer removes the DIN sleeve and keeps it. I suggest you go to a Hyundai workshop as they may some lying around, or any good installer in your area.

Thanks Gunbir.Will give it a try in Trident Hyundai Or some car accesory shop..
Old 23rd December 2005, 11:38   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
sam,this is what manual of infinty 1040 says........

Gold-plated Binding Posts:The gold-plated binding posts will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, banana plugs, and bare wire.
Note:The binding posts are positioned too far apart to accept dual banana plugs
If you are making a box for the subwoofer, then it doesnt matter what terminals the sub has. You need to wire the sub to a proper terminal which is mounted on the box. The subwoofer will stay permanently wired to this terminal on the box.
I am talking about the terminal on the box - (in case you need to disconnect the box)
IMO - the best terminal to use is a terminal called SPEAKON - by a company called NEUTRIK. There is also another company called AMPHENOL that makes similar products. If you're wondering where you've heard AMPHENOL before - they are famous for making sim card locks which mount in mobile telephones.

Anyways, the advantage of speakon is that it is leak proof, if mounted well. It has a twist lock system which is fool proof and does not get loose. And when you disconnect the woofer box, the wires (that come from the amplifier) will not touch each other and cause damage to the amp.
You should get Speakon at a store that sells good pro sound and stage gear equipment in Batala - otherwise New delhi is your best bet.
Old 23rd December 2005, 17:40   #139
Team-BHP Support

Neutrik is good but not cheap. I've used their XLRs for balanced outputs on my home amps.
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:31   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Neutrik is good but not cheap.
Any idea abt price? Can i just put terminal plug which receives just bare wire?

I have also ordered 5 rings,not MDF but marine ply[they call it water-proof] as 'screwing'[ ] MDF will be lil messy.One ring is for subw [ID 232mm,OD290mm,thickness 1/2"]
and 4 r for door speakers[ID 127mm,OD 175mm,thickness 1/4"]

Do i need rings for tweeters?I hope i get the asnwer this time!!

sam,i need ur thumbs up.

Quote:
otherwise New delhi is your best bet.
Not if i have to travel >900km that to on Getz!!!!
Old 23rd December 2005, 21:43   #141
Team-BHP Support

Neutrik i usually get from the US. I would guess they run about rs. 500 per pr.

Last edited by navin : 23rd December 2005 at 21:50.
Old 23rd December 2005, 23:34   #142
BHPian

If Neutrik is too expensive, try MX. I have used their spade connectors, lugs, binding posts, RCA plugs. Their products are pretty good. Neutrik may be better but MX is VFM maal.
Old 24th December 2005, 10:16   #143
BHPian

Thanx vivek....
Below is what i read somewhere-----is it right?Can anyone post me a pic of babana plug.Seller here wont be knowing this stuff by english names

Use a terminal that accepts banana plugs rather than spring clips. Banana plugs conduct electric current better than spring clips

Last edited by rsjaurr : 24th December 2005 at 10:17.
Old 24th December 2005, 14:30   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Can anyone post me a pic of babana plug
RSJ... these are AudioAZcomp (an Audison brand) banana plugs (pic from mclarens install). These are different from regular banana plugs cuz that plastic cover you see in the front retracts back when you plug it in, and comes out automatically when the connectors arent being used. This prevents shorting which otherwise happen on regular banana plugs.

This is the way they plug into the box connector panel. This panel is also from AudioAZcomp Italy. Note the gold plated brass terminals. The MX (indian) variety have plastic terminals.

Old 25th December 2005, 10:51   #145
BHPian

Banana plugs are certainly better because you can terminate wires properly. With spring clips, you will have to use bare wire ends and could be messy.
Old 28th December 2005, 21:38   #146
Team-BHP Support

Saw some rhodium plugs today. about $10 each. quite good.
Old 19th January 2006, 17:49   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

As promised here are my inputs on installing in the GeTz.

Now you need a DIN Sleeve which you can see in this pic.

Gunbir,is this same sleeve as shown in pics in links,which i got with alpine 9853?Will my sleeve do same purpose as this one?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/19820.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/19821.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/19822.jpg
Old 20th January 2006, 02:19   #148
Senior - BHPian

No RSJ... All HUs come with the standard sleeve that you have. But that isnt what I meant.

The DIN sleeve I used in that pic, you can get from your Hyundai dealer. It comes prefitted in Accent etc. I am sure they have a couple of them lying around.

That sleeve will replace the alpine sleeve you have. Difference is, it will secure your HU to the inside of the dashboard.
Old 20th January 2006, 09:36   #149
BHPian

Quote:
No RSJ... All HUs come with the standard sleeve that you have. But that isnt what I meant.

The DIN sleeve I used in that pic, you can get from your Hyundai dealer. It comes prefitted in Accent etc. I am sure they have a couple of them lying around.

That sleeve will replace the alpine sleeve you have. Difference is, it will secure your HU to the inside of the dashboard.

Thanx gunbir..........but in case if i dont install from hyundai dealer or they dont have any extra,can alpine sleeve be used?? Is there any other alternative??
Old 23rd January 2006, 21:44   #150
BHPian

JBL has a dealer in Ludhiana and Chandigarh.

The Ludhiana one is also dealer for sumokoo and dapic besides JBL.
If Sam can give him a call, then you should be getting good install service..

Contact number wanted...???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks