Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2006, 21:37   #166
BANNED

Bass tube ....

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services all over the board.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th March 2006 at 01:00.
Old 6th August 2006, 01:11   #167

Guys,

My dad is getting a Getz for himself. Can you help me out with what HU shud be purchased for the vehicle and also the front & rear speakers?

If you can also post in the prices, it will be great. The budget is around 15 - 17 k.

Sendu...
Old 6th August 2006, 07:41   #168
Senior - BHPian

hi sendu; check out similar topic by using "search" . Swift too take similar ICE setup.
@ 17k , let me quote u a config

8k HU + 4k frnt + 4k rear + install

or 7k HU (blau or Pio) + 6.5k compo + 4k co-ax.

@ 4k you can get good 6inch co-ax for Getz. HU from Sony or Blau with B&W or Pio HU with/out bills. Also JVC and Kenwood. Also, the basic Alpine HU at 9k if u can with B&W

Do you plan to upgrade with a sub etc in near future?

Last edited by jkdas : 6th August 2006 at 07:45.
Old 23rd October 2006, 21:56   #169
BHPian

Hi GunBir,

How are you doing. Finally i'm getting the audio components for my Swift from Newyork. Following are the components need to be set in my car

HU - Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590( 22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels/ have 3 sets of 4-volt preamp outputs)

Front Door & Back Doors - Infinity Reference 6012i 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 2-way coaxial Speakers .

Damping material - Dynamat 10415 Xtreme Speaker Kit(for 4 doors).

I'm not going for subs & amps becos i dont need much bass since this car is mostly used by my dad & family since i always on overseas travel.

1. Please suggest me whether i need to get any other stuffs for setting up the audio system...?

2. You have mentioned car audio installation guide about 3M splice cable. There are different types of splice cables available in the market and i'm not sure which is the corrent one to choose. Is the one in the below link is the same as you adviced

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-leibYQ3...arch=connector

http://www.amazon.com/DIY-Wire-3M-DB...7?ie=UTF8&s=hi

3. Is the mdf rings is must for installing the speakers or its optional. Is there any standard precut ready made good quality rings available in market. What should be the width of the ring..

4. Is the swift already have sufficent factory wiring for powering & connecting HU & Speaker or we need to do the entire wiring?

5. I have little knowledge on general wiring & electrical circuits. Do you suggest me to set up system on my own or go for skilled person. The reason i asked is that its bit hard to find really skilled person to do it, most time end up with some one who fix it but cutting all the wiring and mess up the circuits...

Thanks a lot for your guidance & help!
Old 24th October 2006, 02:07   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Rajesh,

Good setup. The ref 6012 will fit into the facotry slots of the swift, no need for rings.

And no need to spend extra money either. Good choice of damping mats too. Just chill not, get all your stuff (this is all you need for now) aand get it installed properly.
Old 24th October 2006, 17:01   #171
BHPian

rajesh,as i told u in PM dont worry too much about install.You r in chennai and u will be able to find a decent installer there.And its not a complex install with amp+subw.
No need to bring any connector,ur installer will have all this.
If u can get wiring harness for Getz[u wont get it from states],that will be better,if not,then ur installer can use these connectors [tap-on?]

Regarding spk wiring,u will need about 50' of 16gauge size which u can buy from states [in spool]or can bouht here for 70-130 rs per meter for good quality wire.

Now get back to India with all the stuff and do post us ur experiences........
Old 13th June 2008, 12:22   #172
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gunbir. I am going to use this information while upgrading HU and installing sub woofer in my Getz.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:29   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thanks Gunbir. I am going to use this information while upgrading HU and installing sub woofer in my Getz.
After going thru this thread i installed the HU myself in the Getz and the front components,so it looks same as Gunman paaji have installed very nice tutorials.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:32   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
After going thru this thread i installed the HU myself in the Getz and the front components,so it looks same as Gunman paaji have installed very nice tutorials.
Very nice indeed. I should have seen this thread before installing the system.
The front components are installed properly. I intend to make the wiring and HU installation proper. The HU installation is important as I park my car on the road.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 13th June 2008 at 12:37.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:45   #175
Senior - BHPian

I even had a lock made by angle patti and fixed to the car body-HU bolted tightso that even if someone openes the Dash,he still cannot figure out how to get the HU off it
Old 14th June 2008, 03:16   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I even had a lock made by angle patti and fixed to the car body-HU bolted tightso that even if someone openes the Dash,he still cannot figure out how to get the HU off it
Hi Ramie,

yup.. thats the way to do it. There is usually a threaded bolt add-on with some HUs that will let you do this easily. Usually, thieves will not bother to open up the dash but there as always exceptions, like when some degenerate stole an Evil Twin's DVD HU, even that was properly installed. Sometimes, going the extra step can prevent loss.

Cheers!

PS. Glad you guys found this thread helpful. Thanks.
Old 14th June 2008, 23:52   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Gunbir,is this same sleeve as shown in pics in links,which i got with alpine 9853?Will my sleeve do same purpose as this one?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/19820.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/19821.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/19822.jpg

Gunbir bhai/Rsjar
How would the "DIN sleeve"you have shown DIFFER from the regular sleeve that comes with ALL poneer HU's (as shown in above links)?
(except for the provision of the two extra screws that would deter theft)

i mean would the finishing of the instal look cleaner using the DIN sleeve.?
The reason i ask is because i have used the regular sleeve (after removing the centre console of the car) and the HU fitment looks quite similar to the one you have done using the DIN sleeve.

Also i am seriously thinking about your SWWS instal.
i would like to ask why you used bottom mounting? (i guess so as to have a flat boot base and keeing the sub top surface flush with the MDF - is there anything more?)
HOwever i plan to "top mount" the sub since i may not get sufficeint depth even after cutting a portion of the stepney locking bolt as you have shown in another thread.
then i plan to have a circular frame on top of the MDF board much like an MDF spacer ring around the periphery of the sub and then mount the grill. YEs the a 10-12inch circular portion might be raised above the MDF Sheet, but DO you see any other problems if i do this?
Please advise

Car = i10
Sub + JBLGT5/GZMK2 or 10inch Illusion Lucent(ideal for this purpose)
Old 15th June 2008, 00:52   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
i mean would the finishing of the instal look cleaner using the DIN sleeve.?The reason i ask is because i have used the regular sleeve (after removing the centre console of the car) and the HU fitment looks quite similar to the one you have done using the DIN sleeve.
But how did you get the regular sleeve (the one supplied with the HU) in the stock location. If your installer just shoved it in from the front, then the problem is, it comes out just as easily.

Quote:
Also i am seriously thinking about your SWWS instal. i would like to ask why you used bottom mounting? (i guess so as to have a flat boot base and keeing the sub top surface flush with the MDF - is there anything more?)HOwever i plan to "top mount" the sub since i may not get sufficeint depth even after cutting a portion of the stepney locking bolt as you have shown in another thread. then i plan to have a circular frame on top of the MDF board much like an MDF spacer ring around the periphery of the sub and then mount the grill. YEs the a 10-12inch circular portion might be raised above the MDF Sheet, but DO you see any other problems if i do this?
Yes, the purpose of flush mounting the sub was to be as stealth as possible. Plus this way the sub is guaranteed safe, you can throw anything into the boot. Of course, you can always top mount it too, just protect the sub with a grille.

I must add, SWWS works best if your front stage has good midbass presence. Typically, you will get a smoother lows, but a weaker upper end.
So do pay attention to the front stage.
Old 15th June 2008, 12:12   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
But how did you get the regular sleeve (the one supplied with the HU) in the stock location. If your installer just shoved it in from the front, then the problem is, it comes out just as easily

Yes, the purpose of flush mounting the sub was to be as stealth as possible. Plus this way the sub is guaranteed safe, you can throw anything into the boot. Of course, you can always top mount it too, just protect the sub with a grille.

I must add, SWWS works best if your front stage has good midbass presence. Typically, you will get a smoother lows, but a weaker upper end.
So do pay attention to the front stage.
Sir
. i know that to install the HU he had to remove the centre console of the car. i dunno how he screwed the HU to the car but i know he put on the center console AFTER he had installed the HU.
(actually im going there today to add a sub so i will be adding a pair of RCA's i will take some pics so you can advice me)

Front stage is Illusion EL6.1
Rear fill is GZ MK2 690's on rear parcel
Both driven by KAC8401

currently these are my settings on the amp ( since my HU cannot give different HPF frequencies to both sets of speakers)
EL6.1 HPF - 80
Rear GZ HPF- 50

PLease advice further

Last edited by Magma : 15th June 2008 at 12:16.
Old 15th June 2008, 19:09   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also i am seriously thinking about your SWWS instal.
i would like to ask why you used bottom mounting? (i guess so as to have a flat boot base and keeing the sub top surface flush with the MDF - is there anything more?)
HOwever i plan to "top mount" the sub since i may not get sufficeint depth even after cutting a portion of the stepney locking bolt as you have shown in another thread.
Sub + JBLGT5/GZMK2 or 10inch Illusion Lucent(ideal for this purpose)
One of the subs you are considering is the Illusion Lucent 10. This will not cause any mounting depth issues is you are putting it in the wheel well and bottom mounting it. However I advise against using this arrangement for any of the subs you name. It will not result in perfect bass. There will be several compromises, except concerning the space occupied.

If you top mount and use a grill with a spacer, you will end up bending the grill if you put something heavy on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks