Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2005, 16:14   #121

Hi Gunbir,

Thanks for the inputs.

So it is settled I will go for 4 speakers at the doors. wouldn't mind the tweeters.
music taste -- Dont like hard rock or metal... Love listening to soft music, instrumental, would pefer to have more bass... and don't need to scare the neigbour.

budget would be around 15K.

kindly recommend of Size of speakers, preferred brands for the price range and for the HU i guess Pioneer would be a good choice. Do you know anyone in Mumbai who would fit the system professionally... Will also ask the showroom guys about the same.

GetzUThere.
Old 20th December 2005, 17:11   #122
Team-BHP Support

at 15K your HU should cost 7K, your front speakers 4K, your rear speakers 3K and 1K for labour.
Old 20th December 2005, 18:07   #123

A laymans question. What are components and what is the purpose of an amp. can i have a sub without the amp. If i decide to go for an amp /sub where can they be placed... I dont want to remove the spare tyre as Gunbir has shown in his earlier posts..
Old 20th December 2005, 21:52   #124
Team-BHP Support

few HUs can swing enough volts to drive a sub effectivly. components are speakers where the woofer and tweeter are in seperate housings. often the crossover is also in a seperate housing.

a sub can be (a) mounted in the rear deck - often called free air or (b) in a box that is either sealed or ported or bandpass or even a tranmission line. I have yet to see a horn loaded sub in a functional car.
Old 21st December 2005, 11:23   #125
BHPian

Navin & Gunbir,
You have mentioned the DIN sleeve in your installations....does this come with the HU or do we have to buy it outside ? Anybody in Bangalore selling this ?? I would like to reinstall the system the right way & I think I can do it myself with your inputs.Thankssss.
Old 21st December 2005, 13:12   #126
Team-BHP Support

Most HUs come with the DIN sleeve. It is Gunbir who is the installer. I'm just a casual bystander watching the audio world go by.

Yes you can install a system yourself. it is not difficult at all and in most cases you can do a better job if you are willing to put some sweat and tears into it.
Old 21st December 2005, 13:27   #127
BHPian

navin,i have ordered subw box acc to specifications advised by crutchfield.The whole thing including carpet will cost me only 450 using 3/4" MDF.they will use araldite[epoxy resin]+hardener to fix it rather than fevicol.They said its better than fevicol.

navin,subw's cutout diameter is 232 and od is 264 so what should be the diameter of hole for subw?

and for routing wires,what is the better option--terminal plug or just a small hole?

if terminal plug,then should it have RCA pins or just simple one for bare wire?

Last edited by rsjaurr : 21st December 2005 at 13:30.
Old 21st December 2005, 15:04   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Most HUs come with the DIN sleeve. It is Gunbir who is the installer. I'm just a casual bystander watching the audio world go by.

Yes you can install a system yourself. it is not difficult at all and in most cases you can do a better job if you are willing to put some sweat and tears into it.

Navin,
The DIN sleeve that comes with pioneer 7750 does not have side brackets(the one with screwholes),that matches the Getz screw holes..Gunbir,pls help
Old 21st December 2005, 15:04   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
navin,i have ordered subw box acc to specifications advised by crutchfield.The whole thing including carpet will cost me only 450 using 3/4" MDF.they will use araldite[epoxy resin]+hardener to fix it rather than fevicol.They said its better than fevicol.

navin,subw's cutout diameter is 232 and od is 264 so what should be the diameter of hole for subw?

and for routing wires,what is the better option--terminal plug or just a small hole?

if terminal plug,then should it have RCA pins or just simple one for bare wire?
On behalf of Navin: Diameter of hole should be cutout diameter. 232

You get speaker terminal plugs. Dont use RCA pins for speakers. You can either you a 5 way binding post (available) or if you dont mind the expense - Speakon by Neutrik.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st December 2005 at 15:19.
Old 21st December 2005, 15:50   #130
BHPian

Thanx sam....and for MDF rings for door speakers what should be the od and id?
Old 21st December 2005, 15:58   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Thanx sam....and for MDF rings for door speakers what should be the od and id?
What is the model of the door speaker?
Old 21st December 2005, 16:30   #132
BHPian

infinty kappa 60.7i and 62.7i for front and raer door res'ly.Cut-out diameter is 127mm for both.
Old 21st December 2005, 17:24   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Doc - cut out diameter - means the size of the hole to cut in the box.

Therefore for a spacer ring, the inner diameter will be the cut out diameter. The outer diameter will typically be from 0.75" to 1" more.
Old 21st December 2005, 17:35   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Doc - cut out diameter - means the size of the hole to cut in the box.

Therefore for a spacer ring, the inner diameter will be the cut out diameter. The outer diameter will typically be from 0.75" to 1" more.
Sam,i hope u r talking abt door spk and not subw .subw story is finished.

I want to talk abt door spk now.So for door spk,MDF ring should has 127mm as id [which is cut-out diameter] and add to this 20-25mm i.e. 147-152mm as od,Right???

And i guess it should be 1/4" think for dppr spk and 1/2" for subw ring.

BTW i will use marine ply over MDF for rings.
Old 21st December 2005, 19:24   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
On behalf of Navin: Diameter of hole should be cutout diameter. 232

You get speaker terminal plugs. Dont use RCA pins for speakers. You can either you a 5 way binding post (available) or if you dont mind the expense - Speakon by Neutrik.
sam,this is what manual of infinty 1040 says........

Gold-plated Binding Posts:The gold-plated binding posts will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, banana plugs, and bare wire.
Note:The binding posts are positioned too far apart to accept dual banana plugs

Last edited by rsjaurr : 21st December 2005 at 19:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks