Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2005, 11:32   #46
Team-BHP Support

JB, U dude. for your knowledge! Gotta meet ya. If you are in Mumbai let me know. Sam and you are on the top of my list.
Old 1st October 2005, 11:36   #47
BHPian

Sure Navin...it will be pleasure meeting you too. Will definitely meet when I'll come to Mumbai.

Though I feel "Dollar" is far less of an offering.

Last edited by Autophile : 1st October 2005 at 11:41.
Old 1st October 2005, 11:45   #48
Team-BHP Support

well i come from a time when the Dollar was still a coin. now they got a note. it had some value then. It could buy oyu lunch and a subway token. my father's 1st job was for 20 pounds a month.

Last edited by navin : 1st October 2005 at 11:46.
Old 6th October 2005, 11:31   #49
AGP
BHPian

Another confused one seeking help

Hi, as this qustion is already discussed I don't want to create new thread. Can my friends on team-bhp help me to choose the write set-up for my swift VXI?

I have a budget of 15 K and would like good HU and front component speakers, two rear speakers...

pl. suggest me
Old 6th October 2005, 11:42   #50
Team-BHP Support

AGP: spend about 7k for the HU. Then get nice components upfront for about 4K and about 2k for the rear speakers. and 2K to get better speaker wires.
Old 10th October 2005, 23:04   #51
Senior - BHPian

okay, audio gurus...

i have a question for ya..

i have a swift zxi. the current setup is;

H.U- kenwood dpx mp 5070 dual din..

rear speakers- JBL , 6"x9" 3-way, 100w R.M.S- mounted in the rear parcel tray (mdf pad)...forgot the model name, but i think it's from the GT series..

front- blaupunkt (again, i didn't see the model/specs)...

now, please tell me; is the head unit good enough..??

could the experts guide me to a propah amplifier, front and rear speaker setup, sub, and other goodies, assuming the head unit is to be constant..? also, it would be great if sombody could list the detailed specs on the H.U....

p.s- i like the rear JBL's, so i'm a li'l inclined towards a JBL setup..
Old 10th October 2005, 23:58   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
okay, audio gurus...
rear speakers- JBL , 6"x9" 3-way, 100w R.M.S- mounted in the rear parcel tray (mdf pad)...forgot the model name, but i think it's from the GT series..

could the experts guide me to a propah amplifier, front and rear speaker setup, sub, and other goodies, assuming the head unit is to be constant..? also, it would be great if sombody could list the detailed specs on the H.U....

Hi. The logical step would be to add a nice pair of 6.5" components upfront and to add a decent 4ch amp. If you want to go for a sub, your 4ch amps front channels can drive your fronts and the rears can be bridged to drive a sub.

I cant comment on the HU as I am not familiar with that model.

Cheers
Old 11th October 2005, 00:02   #53
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:

well the 6x9's are from the GTO series..
well as u said ur more inclined towards a JBL setup after having closely been associated with sam and team JBL at the vahaan yatra for 3 days i suggest u use the JBL 50.4 to drive the front speakers and the rears..if possible u can get components at the front too..use the CS 50.4 to drive the speakers and try avoiding it to run a sub..for a sub u can go for the GTO 1200B at 9k and run it on the GTO 301.1 a monoblock which is really good for driving a sub..

u can also look at other brands depeding on ur budget like alpine,kicker,hertz,blaupunkt, sound stream,lightning audio and rockford fosgate too if budget permits..
Old 11th October 2005, 00:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
u can also look at other brands depeding on ur budget like alpine,kicker,hertz,blaupunkt, sound stream,lightning audio and rockford fosgate too if budget permits..
considering a no-constraint budget, can youse suggest the best set-up...??

Quote:
well as u said ur more inclined towards a JBL setup after having closely been associated with sam and team JBL at the vahaan yatra for 3 days i suggest u use the JBL 50.4 to drive the front speakers and the rears..if possible u can get components at the front too..use the CS 50.4 to drive the speakers and try avoiding it to run a sub..for a sub u can go for the GTO 1200B at 9k and run it on the GTO 301.1 a monoblock which is really good for driving a sub
arrre yaar...i'm a novice at audio jargon...what's a "50.4"..?? if you meant the amp model, (50wx4) then, well...isn't there a more powerful model from the GT series that can power my whole system, right from a propah sub (read :1000W r.m.s) to the components...??

i'm looking for the setup, with model no:s, specs, cost, etc...and best acoustic compatibility- i'm looking for grunty mid-range, with clear and thumpy low-range and sufficient top-end (sound o/p)...

S.O.S.....
Old 11th October 2005, 00:27   #55
BANNED

well as far as JBL goes the best setup that i would suggest is go for the the
1. GTO 606ce at 6k a pair in the front and the back if possibe.
2. CS 50.4 amp to run the components at 9.5k to drive the components..
3. A 15'' sub from the GT4 (if sam can source it for u) or the subs from the GTO series..
4. GTO 301.1 monoblock to run the sub at 13k..
thats the best setup i would recommend from JBL..for info on these products check out www.fxaudio.com
Old 11th October 2005, 00:27   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
considering a no-constraint budget, can youse suggest the best set-up...??
Hey Veyron, dont say that out loud... there are people here who take the word "Best" literally. If money is no object, there are plenty of products available in India now. Amps costing more than the swift for example.

An indicative figure will help Mclaren and others suggest you a wondeful setup within your budget.
Old 11th October 2005, 00:34   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hey Veyron, dont say that out loud... there are people here who take the word "Best" literally. If money is no object, there are plenty of products available in India now. Amps costing more than the swift for example.

An indicative figure will help Mclaren and others suggest you a wondeful setup within your budget.
so very true gunbir..the cheapest amp from audison starts at 12k for a 2ch and stretches upto god knows what..even at the vahaan yatra JBL has an amp worth 2.75 lakhs..so atleast a min budget would help all..
Old 11th October 2005, 00:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
okay, audio gurus...

and u would need some nice wiring/cables and a good installer
Old 11th October 2005, 00:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
so very true gunbir..the cheapest amp from audison starts at 12k for a 2ch and stretches upto god knows what..even at the vahaan yatra JBL has an amp worth 2.75 lakhs..so atleast a min budget would help all..

was it the jbl crown 6000 sonthing 4 2.5 lac?
Old 11th October 2005, 00:39   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
was it the jbl crown 6000 sonthing 4 2.5 lac?
yup it was..wait for sam pics ul all love it..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks