Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2005, 13:37   #91
BHPian

This is reply to typeOnegative.

Let it be ascent or eksyent or aksent or akcynt it dosent make hell of a difference. It will always remain accent.

People like navin ji, aseem bhai, autophile, mclaren got the name and the model of the car and gave me wonderful suggestions.
Old 5th October 2005, 13:38   #92
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autophile
Originally Posted by Autophile
RCA Interconnects - FT2600
Power Kit - FPK300
Speaker Cable B18 - for Speakers & FL214 for subwoofer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I meant individual prices for these 3
the RCA Interconnects - FT2600 6mtrs cost Rs 760/- ..
Power Kit - FPK 300 costs Rs 2,190/- ..
Speaker Cable B18 - for Speakers - Rs 40/mtr..
FL214 for subwoofer - Rs 126/mtr..
all these products are from the audison range..for further details check out:
www.connectionaudison.com

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th October 2005 at 13:50.
Old 5th October 2005, 13:45   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Originally Posted by Autophile
RCA Interconnects - FT2600
Power Kit - FPK300
Speaker Cable B18 - for Speakers & FL214 for subwoofer...

the RCA Interconnects - FT2600 cost Rs 760/- per mtr..
Power Kit - FPK 300 costs Rs 2,190/- ..
Speaker Cable B18 - for Speakers - Rs 40/mtr..
FL214 for subwoofer - Rs 126/mtr..
and the pix for the above stuff, could u JB, maybe u can post it under the thread for subwoofer wiring. i read abt wire guage somewher, and hence could u enlighten abt it with respect 2 FL214 etc

and all these are audison products?

www.connectionaudison.com ... link aint working?

Last edited by jkdas : 5th October 2005 at 13:47.
Old 6th October 2005, 00:31   #94
BHPian

Guys you said go for pio 6100 F 4 channel amp.

Well, what is premier (pio) GM-6150F amp. The specifications for both 6100 and GM-6150F are the same. Is there any performance diference between the two?

What is the approx price for this GM-6150F amp?

Thanks
Old 6th October 2005, 00:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

Amit.. same thing... Pioneer uses Premier branding in some markets... although some products have slightly better specs on the Premier versions, in this case I think the amps are same
Old 6th October 2005, 01:57   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
how do you define "tolerance" Aseem?
Hi Navinji, I used the word tolerance as a figure of speech. What I meant was that JBL CS 50.4 is not meant to drive subs as it cant handle the extra current.
We all know that an amplifier provides twice as much power in bridged mode than it would be running two stereo channels at the same impedance. Looking at the power equation we know P = IV. Now, when we bridged the amp, we doubled the power, but the input voltage stayed the same. Since the voltage on the supply side of the amp is dependent on the car's electrical system, it doesn't change. That means the amp is now drawing twice as much current when it's running at a given impedance mono than it would be running two stereo channels at the same impedance. There are only two ways the amp can do that - it can simply draw more through it's circuits, and dissipate the extra heat, or it can utilize a current limiter, to prevent the increase in current. The JBL CS 50.4 can't handle the extra current as well as the Pioneer 6100F.
Its a great amplifier if you want to power your speakers!

Last edited by aseem : 6th October 2005 at 02:04.
Old 6th October 2005, 02:04   #97
BHPian

baap re baap, aseem sir, that throey of yours on tolerance was a total bouncer for me.

How come u people have so much of knowledge!!.
Guess that why you are called GURU LOG!!

Hope navin sir gets the theory. Jus kiddin. I know navin ji will get it
Old 6th October 2005, 09:43   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Hi Navinji, I used the word tolerance as a figure of speech. What I meant was that JBL CS 50.4 is not meant to drive subs as it cant handle the extra current.
We all know that an amplifier provides twice as much power in bridged mode than it would be running two stereo channels at the same impedance. Looking at the power equation we know P = IV. Now, when we bridged the amp, we doubled the power, but the input voltage stayed the same. Since the voltage on the supply side of the amp is dependent on the car's electrical system, it doesn't change. That means the amp is now drawing twice as much current when it's running at a given impedance mono than it would be running two stereo channels at the same impedance. There are only two ways the amp can do that - it can simply draw more through it's circuits, and dissipate the extra heat, or it can utilize a current limiter, to prevent the increase in current. The JBL CS 50.4 can't handle the extra current as well as the Pioneer 6100F.
Its a great amplifier if you want to power your speakers!

Hi Aseem,

I'm not jumping to the rescue of the 50.4 but it's not that the amp cannot handle the extra current.... it has a low tolerance of clipping.
That means if you drive the amplifier to clipping levels (which is easy to do, as the amp is low powered), it will shut down.
Certain amps (like the sony 504) are designed to continue running, clipping or not. Thats the basic difference. That is why i don't recommend that you bridge the 50.4 and run a sub off it. Because most people drive a sub at clipping levels, often they dont even know it.
Old 6th October 2005, 10:46   #99
Team-BHP Support

Aseem, I have not studied the circuit diagram of the 50.4 or 6100 but have designed home and car audio amps (Class A, Class AB).

In principle I do agree with your comments but I would not know if the theory applies to the 6100 and 50.4. Some of the most respected amps have regulated outputs (they dont double power when load is halved). An amp with a regulated output is not a lesser amp.

If Sam says that the 50.4 is designed to shut down when the current load is exceeded I am inclined to believe him (as being the brand manager he should have some knowledge of teh design). This is a form of short circuit protection. The use of such circuitry depends on many factors some are: current capability and thermal capability of the output and/or driver transistors, power supply design, and the policy of the designer. Today this sort of circuitry can be implemented without degrading the signal.

to refresh my memory i took a simple 2N3055 on a scope and clipped it. the clipping was hard. then applied a current limiter (using a tightly regualted power supply) and the clipping was a lot softer.

Fortunately I had a collegaues NAD 3020 (circa 1982) in my office for service so I arranged to run it with and without it's clipping ckts activated (there is a swtich at the back). Clipping this amp when connected to a sub you may not hear it and it did not damage the sub either but the same amp's clipping when connected to a 2 way speaker could be heard and i am sure we would have permanatly damaged the tweeter if we had continued.

With the "Soft Clipping" ckts active the bass on a 8" sub (the only one we had in my office) sounded a bit softer but the amp sounded a not nicer when pushed hard into a pair fo 5" 2 ways we had around.

Note: the 6100 and 50.4 are NOT the same amp. In my expriment the amp was the same only the clipping ckt was deactivated for part of the experiment.

So if this experiment is a guide we can assume (albeit with reservations and assumptions listed above) that the 50.4 might be a better amp when running a pair of components but the 6100 might be the better amp if used with a pair of subs especially when both amps are run into clipping.

I hope this makes things clearer for all.

Last edited by navin : 6th October 2005 at 10:49.
Old 6th October 2005, 18:13   #100
BHPian

Help Needed

First of all I am changing all my wiring to Belden/JBL or audison, the guy n ludhiana had pu pathetic wiring for the speakers but the power wires are very good.

Navin/Aseem all....this ws one hell of a KT session for us....keep reading Physics and keep posting so that we guys make the best use of it.

Navin/Gunbir/Jasbir, I need your advice, I hope u rem. my systems config.:

1. Alpine CDA-9833
2. R series Alpine comp's on front door panels without any damping..aarrgghh
3. Alpine 4 channel amp.(1 channel each for the comps and the remaining 2 channels drive the ovals at the back)
4. Glider 2 channel drives the Pioneer 305
4. 2 Kenwood 6" by 9" ovals high end in the rear
5. A Pioneer 305 running of a Glider 2 Channel in bridged mode.

Now this is what I have and what I want to add:

1. A Audiobahn 12" 500+RMS DVC Subwoofer.
2. buying a Mono Block sub. to drive the above Woof.(Need your advice on which Amp. to buy, I was thinking of going for the 7-8K raknge of Sony Mono. Amps)
3. JBL Components for the back door panels and the Tweeters which come with the JBL comp. go on the C-Pillar of the Scorpio.

Please Advice the best design for all this equipment.
Old 6th October 2005, 21:03   #101
BHPian

Slow

Navin/all you guys have become soooo slow in replying man
Old 6th October 2005, 21:58   #102
BHPian

How much would this cost GB/JB:
Hertz Hi-Energy HX300D
Link to this product | Leave a review Description:
These speakers were designed in order to reproduce the very first octaves of the audio spectrum with precision, impact and power, with minimum size requirements in any configurations. HX line features double voice coil models, which permit to have a more flexible subwoofer section. This way you can handle connections and the number of speakers you need in order to take full advantage of the amplifier you are using. Double voice coil, i.e.: double power, double efficiency, smaller enclosures. The best solution to every need and very low bass, able to meet any expectations.
Technical Specifications:
Size: 300mm (12”)
Comp: Double magnet high density flux ferrite, water-repellent non pressed paper cone subwoofer
Sensitivity: 97dB/SPL
Power Handling: 1200W Peak Power, 600W Continuous Program Power
Frequency Range: 20Hz – 250kHz
Impedance: 4 ohm + 4 ohm
Old 6th October 2005, 22:03   #103
BHPian

I got the price list of the stuff you people suggested from the market (Mumbai).

pio 7750 HU - Rs 9350
pio 6100F 4 ch amp- Rs 7250
Wiring (city link) -Rs 1000
Copper wire for sub - Rs 400
Kicker Sub woofer 12" Rs 6000 OR JBL tube - Rs 6000 ( grey price)
Sealed subwoofer box - Rs 900

Note: All the items are without B&W
Are the rates mentioned above fine? if not then plz give me apprx rates i should look for.

I asked this guy from whome i got price list, regarding JBL tube performance. According to him, JBL tube is useless and people are fed up of JBL tubes. He prefers Kicker 12" sub in sealed box in the boot of my accent.
Is this guy correct.
Old 7th October 2005, 00:59   #104
BHPian

navin ji, aseem bhai any comments on post #103
Old 7th October 2005, 08:30   #105
Team-BHP Support

amit, i am not uptodate with prices. Aseem, Sam, Gunbir, Autophile (JB), VIvek, et. al. are a lot better at this. I cant even remember my phone number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks