Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2005, 13:10   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
I tried with the RCAs removed at the amp end. The hiss is still there.

I tried changing the gain settings. There is very little difference in the amount of hiss.

When I play a CD, I can hear the transport noises from the speakers when the volume is zero. The amp seems to be "faithfully" amplifying and reproducing every bloody kind of signal/noise. I suppose the hiss was there even without the amp and it is being amplified now.

My guess would be that the wires are picking up some noise. The speaker and RCA wires are running parallel to the Autocop security system wiring. Just below the steering wheel, the autocop thing is fitted and the RCAs run near it. Obviously, there is a power wire for the autocop. There could be something there.

Vivek, if the hiss is still present, even with the RCAs REMOVED from the amplifier end, it simply cannot be the fault of the wire. That is simple logic.

Turn down the gain of the amp. If you can hear the CD transport from your amplifier, obviously the muting circuit on your HU isnt doing it's job.
Turn down the gain. I do not think the autocop has anything to do with it.
Old 21st November 2005, 13:21   #332
BHPian

Agreed that it cannot be the wire's fault if it is not connected at the amp end. What happens if I use the amp with the gain fully turned down?
Old 21st November 2005, 15:07   #333
Team-BHP Support

vivek, i just checked and the gains on all my amps are around the 9 o clock position. my HU has enough to drive those amps to full volume even with the gain turned almost fully down. so i would start with gains in the 9 o clock position and then work from there.
Old 25th November 2005, 18:25   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Somebody was asking about me about demo cars and events...
Well, most of the news and cars i put here - I put on our news page first.

You can check it out at www.fxaudio.com/news/news.htm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks