Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 16:00   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
I find the one near Malar hospital is good. Haven't seen them trying to distract and the quality and Qualtity is satisfactory.
I disagree. My dad once was filling diesel there. He normally fills for 1k at a time and the attendants knew that since he was a regular. That day they told him to fill up for 1.5k since 'you never know when you'll get fuel next' (whatever that meant). My dad filled up for 1.5k and about 50 km later the check engine light came on.

On taking it to the service station, the Toyota guys said there was water in the fuel.

Needless to say, we haven't filled there since, even though it's the closest pump to our house.
Old 21st April 2010, 18:07   #77
BHPian

Neelankarai BP bunk, topped up Diesel in a Petrol Brand new RITZ. I guess the couple had just finished the pooja. SAD.
Old 22nd April 2010, 08:24   #78
BHPian

The attendant at the IOC COCO bunk in LB Road , Adyar tried to trick me with the pump-power-cut trick. One guy tried distracting me by with credit card questions, while magically the other guy made the meter come up to 240 rupees with 4.xx litres already showing. I glared at him and asked what is going on? he said power cut and he will restart from 0. I made him fill up the tank after that he says the bill comes to 1800 ruppes including the 240. I asked him how and asked him to show the electronic receipts, he showed one with Rs240 but pump # and date/time did not match. Sensing they were exposed they downplayed it and claimed that he has to answer to his boss for the missing 240. A lot of people were watching this..

Stay away from this bunk.
Old 30th April 2010, 11:05   #79
BHPian

Can anyone tell me the best bunk(s) on Nungambakkam High road? Till now I have been filling up from here and there which seem to be affecting my FE considerably.
Old 30th April 2010, 13:23   #80
BHPian

[quote=Jack Sparrow;1848728
I find the one near Malar hospital is good. Haven't seen them trying to distract and the quality and Qualtity is satisfactory.[/quote]
I have had a bad experience with this pertol bunk.
I still remember my Swift VDI on its 2nd day with us, myslef and dad drove via Adyar and filled diesel for 1K. The attendant asked irrelevant questions and started to fuel. After fuelling and I looked at the fuel guage it was only just under half-way mark. I was new to swift so didn't really know (tank capacity) for sure if I was cheated! these guys might have seen the 'registered' on the number plate and hence taken us for a ride.
Will never go there ever.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:04   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Praveen:

The IOC COCO bunk in LB Road cheats like it is their religion. Stay away at all costs. They tried it on my twice. Another time, I caught him shut the bunk for the car filling in front. Their feeble excuse is power trip of the bunk.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:34   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@Praveen:

The IOC COCO bunk in LB Road cheats like it is their religion. Stay away at all costs. They tried it on my twice. Another time, I caught him shut the bunk for the car filling in front. Their feeble excuse is power trip of the bunk.
I've stopped filling up there long back.
Old 30th April 2010, 17:37   #83
BHPian

Shell Pallikaranai

Check the one near the Kamatchi Hospital Flyover, Pallikaranai. I had written a blog post on this long back. Check this post.
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
OT: The BP bunk opposite to Frontier Life line still offers free nitrogen even if you don't fill fuel there.
I dint know the BP bunk offers FREE Nitrogen !

2 months back i checked with them and they said they do not have Nitrogen filling machine with them.
Old 2nd May 2010, 02:23   #85
BHPian

These are the list of pumps in Chennai which I felt OK.....
  • TVS, Whites Road - Good quality fuel, but still they use the age old system of paying in the counter. But once filled up, I feel the performance and engine smoothness.
  • BP (Balakrishna) at St. Mary's Road - I never felt much change in pickup, but the mileage is good, also good service.
  • IOCL at TTK Road - Service is average, but no bad experiences. Fuel quality is good.
  • IOCL at Spur Tank Road - Good fuel and good service.
  • HP, 100 feet road, Velacherry - Reasonably good fuel. Service is OK, No bad experiences.
Old 2nd May 2010, 09:13   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I dint know the BP bunk offers FREE Nitrogen !

2 months back i checked with them and they said they do not have Nitrogen filling machine with them.
They have the machine since Jan. I heard they started charging for the nitrogen fill recently but not too sure, have to check it out next week.
Old 1st June 2010, 20:50   #87
BHPian

Pallavaram byepass, on the left side just before the junction (right turn to Keelkattalai) there is a Essar Petrol pump.

+ Found the quality and quantity very good.

- Card does't work sometimes.
- Way off the "normal" route.

I found almost all pumps on ORM as a joke. Especially the pumps (on the left towards Sholinganallur ) before Sholinganallur be afraid be very afraid.
Old 1st June 2010, 21:19   #88
BHPian

The Ekayars bunk in Venkatnarayana Road is a good and trusted one .
Old 1st June 2010, 22:09   #89
BHPian

The Autocare Fuel Centre on Anna Salai, The second pump after Gemini Flyover while coming from Nungambakkam towards Thousand Lights is very accurate. Its a CoCo. company owned company operated fuel station. The fuel is amongst the best both in terms of quality and quantity. I have been filling there since the early 1990s.
Products sold : All types of fuel - Petrol, and diesel, and 2 wheeler fuel mix
I have personally used it : Highly recommend it
What I like- 24 hours service. Can go in at anytime and get my car fuelled up.
What I dont like - the air service stops at 10.00pm.

Last edited by rhenius : 1st June 2010 at 22:15. Reason: Additional info added.
Old 1st June 2010, 23:04   #90
BHPian

+1 for the HP COCO bunk on Anna Salai (after Gemini Flyover). No gimmicks or tricks, fuel quality has been excellent. My dad has been fueling there ever since he learned to drive!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks