Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 22:13   #106
BHPian

fleet vehicles ? please explain.
sorry,
@driv3r- did not know that, thought it was a taxi.

Last edited by garrett_t16 : 5th May 2010 at 22:15.
Old 28th February 2011, 23:19   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Indian Taxi Pictures

These Bajaj Tempo (Firodia's now Force Motors) made, Tempo Hanseat based three wheelers, still ply on Jabalpur (M.P.) roads. I did not see these within city limits but mostly on the peripheral areas and roads of the city.These are powered by the Greaves Cotton Lombardini two stroke noisy and polluting diesel engine. The cranking is by a nylon rope thats used to provide torque for the start.They are called "Suars", the Hindi for pig as they appear like one !
As I was discussing in another thread we call the beautiful Fiat Elegants of the 1950's as Dukkars!
Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc06952.jpg

Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc06941.jpg

Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc06943.jpg

Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc06944.jpg

Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc06945.jpg
Old 1st March 2011, 23:11   #108
Senior - BHPian

Aha the infamous Bhat-Suars or Suars of M.P( Jabalpur and Bhopal), unfortunately they are driven by freaks, polluting things with diesel and Mitti ka tel aka Kirasun aka Kerosene" cocktails in their bellies.But still good to see them after a long time.
Old 17th April 2011, 20:52   #109
Senior - BHPian

On a trip to darjeeling I managed to take photos of a Calcutta Taxi as well as Darjeeling Taxi jeep.just read the sign of NO PARKING where this Taxi is parked.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Taxi Pictures-cad.jpg  

Indian Taxi Pictures-calll.jpg  

Indian Taxi Pictures-call.jpg  

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 17th April 2011 at 20:54.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hilton hotels Chennai use BMW 320d's as taxi/pick-up vehicles. Will get pics the next time.
Old 18th April 2011, 19:32   #111

Here is a taxi I spotted in Shillong! Shillong has a lot of Taxis, mostly Maruti 800s and Altos. This was the only Nano Taxi I saw there..
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Taxi Pictures-dscn0786.jpg  

Sumeetstoic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 19:22   #112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Today while coming back from Bandra to my home I took short cut through sun city cinema at vileparleEast.
Just before that, I was passing through a garden in the same lane and found these abandoned yellow taxies parked, or left to rot.
All these cabs are looking to be in working condition but surprisingly all had their glasses broken and damaged. Tyres are also deflatd and they are dirty not washed for ages.
But some are clean tidy and looks to be used daily.
Looks like there is some legal matter going on with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Taxi Pictures-photo0005.jpg  

Indian Taxi Pictures-photo0006.jpg  

Indian Taxi Pictures-photo0007.jpg  

Indian Taxi Pictures-photo0008.jpg  

Indian Taxi Pictures-photo0009.jpg  

Old 8th May 2011, 20:17   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Today while coming back from Bandra to my home I took short cut through sun city cinema at vileparleEast.
Just before that, I was passing through a garden in the same lane and found these abandoned yellow taxies parked, or left to rot.
All these cabs are looking to be in working condition but surprisingly all had their glasses broken and damaged. Tyres are also deflatd and they are dirty not washed for ages.
They must have defaulted on EMI's etc..Many of these taxis would be parked on the road to the airport from Bandra a few years back. All these are post 200 esteems going by the reverse lights that came as separate units detached from the tail lights later on.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 8th May 2011 at 20:19.
Old 10th May 2011, 12:09   #114
Senior - BHPian

ICB team members (I believe they are also the members of TBHP... wonder why do not they post scoops & newsfeeds in TBHP on their own) have scooped the Tat Magic Iris that is supposed to compete/ outplace the Bajaj & TVS auto-rickshaws. The mileage for the diesel is 25 kmpl in city, but no comments on the same for CNG vesion.
Better part is that these can seat 4 in comfort as compared to tight squeeze for 3 in the 3-wheeled auto-rickshaws.

Here is the report:
Tata Magic Iris CNG Scooped in an ICB Exclusive! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Old 10th May 2011, 14:41   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
You would also see a good bunch of them on the eastern express highway too outside Godrej lying abandoned on the service lane. Most of them have been ransacked.
Old 10th May 2011, 14:44   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
You would also see a good bunch of them on the eastern express highway too outside Godrej lying abandoned on the service lane. Most of them have been ransacked.
Mind telling us what exactly has led to this plight of their's?
I think I'd seen pictures of a couple of similar cabs abandoned under a flyover somewhere in this thread.
It is really depressing to see them lying in this state.
Old 10th May 2011, 14:50   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Mind telling us what exactly has led to this plight of their's?
I think I'd seen pictures of a couple of similar cabs abandoned under a flyover somewhere in this thread.
It is really depressing to see them lying in this state.
Very frankly I don't know.
Me thinks it might be a business model gone wrong or maybe some union issues between company and drivers. Pls note that I am just guessing here.

If they didnt pay EMI's then I am sure the bank guys would have impounded these cars which is not the case. These look abandoned and later ransacked. There is another big bunch of Innovas in the same state i.e. parked but not vandalized under the Jogeshwari flyover. Will try and click snaps sometime. I see that sad sight every day
Old 10th May 2011, 15:45   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
ICB team members (I believe they are also the members of TBHP... wonder why do not they post scoops & newsfeeds in TBHP on their own) have scooped the Tat Magic Iris that is supposed to compete/ outplace the Bajaj & TVS auto-rickshaws. The mileage for the diesel is 25 kmpl in city, but no comments on the same for CNG vesion.
Better part is that these can seat 4 in comfort as compared to tight squeeze for 3 in the 3-wheeled auto-rickshaws.

Here is the report:
Tata Magic Iris CNG Scooped in an ICB Exclusive! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Further to the above, the Tata Magic Iris is now launched at Rs.1.90 Lacs (starting) in Maharashtra

Tata launches the Magic Iris and the Ace Zip Pick Up! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Also, launched is the micro pick-up truck based on the same vehicle.
Old 26th June 2011, 22:43   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Sighted these taxis in the Delhi NCR. The red Alto looks too cute!
Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc07465.jpg

Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc07480.jpg

Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc07481.jpg

Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc07542.jpg

Indian Taxi Pictures-dsc07475.jpg
Old 26th November 2011, 20:59   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a lot of video footage of Mumbai streets and the one thing that is evident is the slow demise of the good old Premier Padmini taxis.These are being scrapped by the dozens and yellow and black Altos, Santros and Maruti Vans are replacing the Premiers.The newest Premier must be 15 years old not to speak about the still older ones from the 1970's and 80's.These must be in the Green Tax regime of the Maharashtra Government (an eight year old commercial vehicle is supposed to pay Green tax) too.
"The old order changeth to give way to new" as Shakespeare had said.The Premiers will be badly and sadly missed but there is no way out.In Kolkata the 15 year old Ambassador taxis are being scrapped but the replacement is a new Ambassador or sometimes an Indigo CS (roughly 1:10).
But for Mumbai there is no new Premier from Kurla to replace the older one.Till the 1960's Mumbai used to have a wide assortment of taxis of many British makes.The Hillman Minx,Ford Prefect,Austin A 40 Devon, Fiat Elegant/Millecento/1100/SS/1100D were all too popular as smaller taxis.The Chevrolets,Dodges,Plymouths, Pontiacs, Mercurys and a host of other makes would cater to the large taxi segment.
But since the 1970's onwards it was either Fiat or Premier till the first decade of the next millennium.
The minimal assortment is back now, but is a very poor (plasticky, arrested design development ADD ??? means no design at all ) replica of the very wide assortment of well designed taxis that would rock the Mumbai streets till the 1960's.
Of course, these new plasticky cheap ugly boxes (CUB's) are practical for the present times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks