Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 11:35   #181
santoshnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
yes hope its not king long....avg price looks at 56 lacs....there r some buses parked at anik depot some AL buses similar to DTC hope they r the ones

Old 5th March 2010, 16:26   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
How intelligent of them! They buy AC buses and not use them!!! Hats off to who ever does this... [Note: these buses are NOT airconditioned]

Thats the CNG tank (Rather, Cylinders). Since the buses have a low floor, they cannot have underslung CNG tanks. Hence CNG tanks are kept on top.
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION binaiks
Old 5th March 2010, 19:16   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque.steer View Post
hey in NEW DELHI DTC has launched new low rider buses wid AC bt i have heard that its just for show i mean they dont switch it on.. is it true ???
First, as told they are not AC one's and second since you are in NewDelhi you can give the actual fact.
But I can say its not possible as the windows in the AC buses are sealed ones unlike the Non Ac buses. So its quite impossible to continue without AC as it may cause suffocation
Old 5th March 2010, 19:20   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
First, as told they are not AC one's and second since you are in NewDelhi you can give the actual fact.
But I can say its not possible as the windows in the AC buses are sealed ones unlike the Non Ac buses. So its quite impossible to continue without AC as it may cause suffocation
I will try taking a ride in it and let you people know as soon as possible
Old 5th March 2010, 19:23   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can always have the blower running to maintain airflow.

Even if the AC was running, people generally keep it in recirc mode.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:56   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
You can always have the blower running to maintain airflow.
Agreed with you
Old 6th March 2010, 15:11   #187

I have travelled in the DTC cherry-red AC buses in Delhi enough to say that the airconditioning is kept on all the time during the summers (though it is not as effective as equivalent Volvo buses in Bangalore/Chennai), and in the winters, just the blower is switched on. What is the point of switching on the airconditioning in the winters :P
Old 6th March 2010, 17:45   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
silversteed : Chennai's Marcopolos do NOT look like AL Vikings.
Marcopolo's are from Tata, manufactured at their Dharwad plant. Cant be AL's
Old 7th March 2010, 00:48   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Chennai's Marcopolos do NOT look like AL Vikings. They look good, but the rear is a mess. I prefer the Irizar-TVS built Viking SLFs to the Marcopolos in terms of looks.
Most people who travelled in Chennai's Marcopolos liked it. My friends from Chennai said, they are brighter and spacious than the AL. (Bus fans like us know by spec, both are pretty much same in size, but the arrangement is what makes it spacious i guess). Seats are much better than an AL. Overall, they liked Marcopolos better than AL, (Of course they are not hardcore AL fans, but unbiased normal commuters). Anyway it a good change for MTC.
Old 7th March 2010, 03:05   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque.steer View Post
I will try taking a ride in it and let you people know as soon as possible
they do have AC but they save fuel and they don't switch it on.... just the blowers are working that also sometimes...
Old 7th March 2010, 10:03   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantSoul View Post
I have travelled in the DTC cherry-red AC buses in Delhi enough to say that the airconditioning is kept on all the time during the summers (though it is not as effective as equivalent Volvo buses in Bangalore/Chennai), and in the winters, just the blower is switched on. What is the point of switching on the airconditioning in the winters :P
I have heard that DTC Tata's aircon is not as good as Volvos in Bangalore in summer.

Although it might be true, I wonder whether we have considered the fact that on any given day the outside temperature in Delhi will be atleast ten degrees more than that in Bangalore during summer. This definitely is a huge load on the aircon and cannot be neglected.
Old 7th March 2010, 11:09   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Marcopolo's on their way to Chennai MTC.
Body looks simple and good but engine was heavily roaring and nothing much impressive.
Hi Ashley, Was the pic taken near Hosur-Krishnagiri NH? I have seen some Marcopolos here in Chennai and they are quite a stunner. I am talking about the white/orange patterned ones.

I would also like to say that TN should stop purchasing Volvo and use AL/Tata for A/C services. I dont really care if it is a Volvo or Leyland if it gets me from Point A to B in reasonable comfort.

The ticket price would also considerably reduce and patronage will increase. I see many Volvos following one other and running empty but for the driver and conductor.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 7th March 2010 at 11:17. Reason: spelling
Old 7th March 2010, 15:44   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most people who travelled in Chennai's Marcopolos liked it. My friends from Chennai said, they are brighter and spacious than the AL. (Bus fans like us know by spec, both are pretty much same in size, but the arrangement is what makes it spacious i guess). Seats are much better than an AL. Overall, they liked Marcopolos better than AL, (Of course they are not hardcore AL fans, but unbiased normal commuters).

Well, it was my personal experience/opinion. I did say that the interiors of the Marcopolos were good (in another post). Exteriors, I prefer the AL ones. Anyway it's good to see another species in Chennai.

Quote:
Anyway it a good change for MTC.

I wonder why MTC is not introducing the AL/TM ULE A/C buses. The patronage for AC buses would increase manifold if the ticket fares are brought down a bit.

I don't like the way they run the Volvos here. I've seen 3 (and at one point, 4) volvos going one after the other in a span of 3 minutes on the ECR. Obviously they had different route nos, but still, for the major portion of the distance the tailing buses were running virtually empty.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:12   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
I have heard that DTC Tata's aircon is not as good as Volvos in Bangalore in summer.

Although it might be true, I wonder whether we have considered the fact that on any given day the outside temperature in Delhi will be atleast ten degrees more than that in Bangalore during summer. This definitely is a huge load on the aircon and cannot be neglected.
But then the ACs of the BMTCs Marcopolos too aren't as effective as the ACs in Volvos! AND, the ACs of KeSRTC's Volvos are as effective as the ones in BMTC Volvos! (I guess you get what I mean, and where am I heading to).
Old 8th March 2010, 09:15   #195
BHPian

^^ Thanks Binai.

I have no clue as I have never traveled on all these buses back to back in the same road conditions. I did travel recently by a Volvo City bus but it was in a poor condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks