Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 00:06   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
I need to agree with you. They try all the possible combinations and variants available in the market from Eichers to Marcopolo's.Good that they are not biased but for Volvo's.
Agree, But not sure whether it is a good idea for the STU. Maintaining a wide variety of models and configurations will increase the overall maintenance costs. Also stocking the spare parts will be an issue. But at the same time you dont want to stick to a single vendor.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:25   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata seems to be flooding BMTC with their ordinary stuff. First the AC Marcopolos and now, the non-AC Marcopolos. Atleast the AC Marcopolos looked good from the outside, whereas these non-AC Marcopolos look like a prisoner-bus.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:22   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Tata seems to be flooding BMTC with their ordinary stuff. First the AC Marcopolos and now, the non-AC Marcopolos. Atleast the AC Marcopolos looked good from the outside, whereas these non-AC Marcopolos look like a prisoner-bus.
But i fell the other way, compared to the AC version, Non AC version of Marcopolo looks much better and strong.

The AC version if you look closely , the finishing is not upto mark and the engine sound is like a motor boat sound.
Old 11th March 2010, 13:16   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
This depends on which type of bus you travelled in. The first gen is horrible. Second is just average, and third is above average in my opinion. From my experience, I can safely say that the third type (shown in the pic being towed) does not need to switch off AC while climbing grades.
Yes you appear to be right.

I traveled in a supposedly "3rd gen" bus today . the one with middle doors. The bus seemed to pull pretty decently but there were intermittent phases when the ac duct seems to blow normal temp air, suggesting that the driver was still turning the HVAC off leaving the blowers on. Another difference i noted was the earlier buses had the HVAC controls on right corner of driver console. While today's bus had HVAC control behind the Gear Select lever
Old 11th March 2010, 13:24   #215
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly the seats in all these new vehicles is a complete failure. You cannot sit on them for more than 30 mins and otherwise you would end up with a sore rear. Wonder what were they thinking when they made such seats.

I have seen similar seats in the Renault buses abroad. But they were better off in terms of comfort when compared to our present day buses here.
Old 11th March 2010, 14:18   #216
Senior - BHPian

Well, maybe a bit off the current realm of our discussion, I would like to know the rationale behind many drivers of city buses shifting gears at a very very low rpm. And continuing to drive the bus at higher gears even while crossing bumps, making sharp turns etc. I've seen them slog at less than 35kmph in the 4th gear, making 90 degree turns in the third and sometimes fourth gear. Even after all this, I see neatly written boards at the bus stations that claim 4kmpl mileage

Wouldn't this affect the FE and emissions?
Old 11th March 2010, 16:16   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Is this in the shape of the AC Marcopolo bus or is it different? Because I've seen Non AC Marcopolos which are of the same shape as the AC Marcopolos plying in Mysore. Unfortunately, I do not have a pic of that.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:31   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
stocking the spare parts will be an issue.
Its quite possible.Individual depots can be alloted with same brands and this will help them to stck parts in a much easier way!
Old 11th March 2010, 23:44   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthwheel View Post
Its quite possible.Individual depots can be alloted with same brands and this will help them to stck parts in a much easier way!
Yes, Stocking is fine, What about purchase? Dont you think it is efficient to do it centrally?. That is one of the main reasons even large private operators stick with a limited number of models in their operations.
Old 11th March 2010, 23:48   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
But i fell the other way, compared to the AC version, Non AC version of Marcopolo looks much better and strong.

The AC version if you look closely , the finishing is not upto mark and the engine sound is like a motor boat sound.
+1 to that, Even I felt non-AC Marcopolos are tightly built comparing to the AC versions.

Note: I have not travelled in both the versions
Old 13th March 2010, 12:46   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
The bus seemed to pull pretty decently but there were intermittent phases when the ac duct seems to blow normal temp air, suggesting that the driver was still turning the HVAC off leaving the blowers on. Another difference i noted was the earlier buses had the HVAC controls on right corner of driver console. While today's bus had HVAC control behind the Gear Select lever
It could be the compressor cutting off too. Yes the 3rd gen Kinglongs have HVAC controls near gear select lever as there is no space on dashboard (destination board controller is larger in size)/
Old 13th March 2010, 16:15   #222
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

This post has been deleted as it amounts to spamming. We would appreciate if you post only when you have something that is value-adding to the thread. Your support will greatly help in maintaining the high quality standards of Team-BHP.

Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 14th March 2010 at 02:13. Reason: See note.
Old 13th March 2010, 19:37   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
That is one of the main reasons even large private operators stick with a limited number of models in their operations.
KPN is a very customer to AL. All their 200+ buses are AL.
Apart from that around 25+ Volvo's they own.
Old 13th March 2010, 22:23   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed yes. In the initial days of B7Rs, many of the KPNs read AL 210 VIKINGs & PANTHERS were rebuilt with VOLVO style bodies & I feel they were the pioneers in VOLVO style bodies becoming a more common sight
may be
Old 13th March 2010, 22:31   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That exactly what i said "limited no of models". These days every intercity operator should have Volvos. I think ABT is the only main operator that i know, who dont have a Volvo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks