Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 12:32   #196
Senior - BHPian

@vijaypalsingh,

i hope, aal is well after that accident!!!!

Nice to read about ship and shipping posted by ship owner.

Waiting for your next post.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:36   #197
BHPian

Wow what a thread! Those ships are huge! It must feel so awesome to steer them ! I have a friend who's a merchant navy captain. I've always been bugging him to take me on a ride and drop me off at Australia!

And Vijay being the youngest Indian fleet owner is just fantastic. Hats off dude! I find your thread very inspiring!

Btw have you put a Team-Bhp bumper sticker on your ships yet?

Last edited by Wolfheart : 17th September 2010 at 14:46.
Old 13th November 2010, 09:01   #198
BHPian

1983 built means 27 yrs old ! How will she meet the survey reqmt as per new IMO regulations? Bulk trade freight, have they picked up? How long doyou intend to run this ship before sending her to the scrapyard?

Captain Nandu Chitnis
Master Mariner
SCI
ex-MV Alaknanda
Old 25th February 2011, 21:07   #199
BHPian

re: The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines

Happy & prosprous New year to all BHpian.

Greetings Capt. Nandu, An honour to have you onboard TBHP. Seems I have missed lots due to my extended absence. Sir if I'm not wrong MV Alaknanda is a 1986 bulk carrier vessel. The bulk carrier have some relaxations to the age limits.

I have some more good news coming in next few weeks.

nnnn
vijaypalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 23:34   #200
Senior - BHPian

@VPS: Hope you have fully recovered from the injuries sustained during the accident. Missed this thread a bit and there was another shipping thread started recently too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-sail-now.html

One query which ponders me. So who decides what are the goods going to go on your ship? Is it upto your company which then would have to have offices at all ports or is it some external agency which handles freight?
Old 26th February 2011, 18:39   #201
BHPian

@ maddy42: Ohh, those injuries!! they are long past gone. Thanks for asking.
The link posted by you is quite basic & from a life I have lived for 18 years.

We recently purchased few heavy lift cargo ships as its "small ships but big business". These are also easy to maintain & sometimes with crew as less as 11 people in all. These ships can carry heavy (say up to 1150 mt single piece) &/or extra large (volumnous) cargoes. They are equipped with cranes that can have SWL of up to 250 mt each.
Few companies like BELUGA, COMBILIFT etc are doing brisk business.
Recently one of my these new ships carried an entire 80' yacht for an arab gentlemam from Hamburg to Bahrain. Regret I have no photos of same.
However I'll shortly post photos of one of my such ship.

As for cargo business: There are ship brokers all over the world. Its as easy as to understand a trucker's busines or more precisely packers & movers.
Hope you got the hint?
I'll try to post an actual complete cargo shipment procedure from one of my own ships.

"Safe seas & blue skies" (This is the wish I send to all my onboard Captains every day)
vijaypalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2011, 19:13   #202
BHPian

One from my new fleet

I have only one photo of the Ship itself but enough of E/R to keep you guys interested:
Ship's Profile (at a Sud Americana port)
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-01.-mv-anu-r.jpg
Engine Control room & Main Engine (Heads) 9450kW
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-02.-er-cr.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-03.-me.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-04-me.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-05-me.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-06-me-aftside.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-07-me-bottom-platform.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-08-me-bottom-platform.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-09-me-bottm-platformfront-view.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-10.-me-air-filter.jpg
Gensets
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-11.-generators.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-12.-generators.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-13.-generators.jpg
Mr. Electrician's workshop (everyone's envy)
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-14.-electricians-workshop.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-15.-electricians-workshop.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-16.-electricians-workshop.jpg
Main workshop
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-17.-main-workshop.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-18.-main-workshop.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-19.-main-workshop.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-20.-main-workshop-lathe.jpg
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-21.-main-workshop-lathe.jpg
Main Engine Platform with heating lines (Misc photo)
The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines-22.-me-heating-lines.jpg

Enjoy..

Last edited by vijaypalsingh : 26th February 2011 at 19:24.
vijaypalsingh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2011, 00:09   #203
Senior - BHPian

Ship looks gorgeous. Now i understood how this works.

The electricians office is awesome!! Has everything to build an entire ship

Safe seas and blue skys
Maddy
Old 27th February 2011, 00:57   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

The electrician's workshop may be awesome, but the engineering shop is just a dream! Lathe, drill (and milling and grinding?) and stuff to actually make engine parts! Fabulous!
Old 27th February 2011, 17:24   #205
BHPian

@vijaypalsingh

Nice thread, thanks so much for posting. Its really great to see your business doing well and the practice behind the theory I learned at Uni

Do your ships ever come to Aus?

Paul
Old 9th March 2011, 14:18   #206
BHPian

Mr. Vijay.

Thanks for an awesome details. Read through all the post in one go.

I had a pleasure of being on Indian Warship Vikrant in 1984 - 86, when Dad was based in Goa. And have very fond memories of these Giants.

Wishing you all the best for your Business. and hope to sail on one of these Giants some day.

Please share us the Feature pictures of all Ships in your Fleet with Brief Details.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:51   #207
Senior - BHPian

I checked this thread only today and read it all in one go. I have learned so many things about ships in this one hour.

Vijay Sir wishing you all the good luck in your future acquistions. Thank you for keeping us updated.
Old 1st December 2011, 19:00   #208
BHPian

Dear Captain Vijay,

What a great voyage it has been for you! From a sailing Master to Shipowner! Very proud of you Sir. The Sir is a knighthood you so richly deserve!

Your latest acquisition is rocking! Spic and span vessel, clean Mcy spaces. I see these ships in Mumbai Port. Abviously they are shalow draft vessels despite the hugh Industrial cargoes they carry. Stability calulations must be a serious issue here for the Master and the Mate!

I was a Mate on Alaknanda. I loved sailing on bulk carriers except at one port at Haypoint, Australia where the loading rates were incredibly high and a nightmare for the Officers to deballast the vessel to match with the loading rates! No rest for about 24 hours at a stretch and then draft surveys and sailing out. And while this was loading was going on, AMSA port state control surveys!!

After 3 port calls at Haypoint I quit bulkies for good once I was promoted as a Master and started to sail Offshore ships. Been doing that now for 7 years and have enjoyed that too.

Contemplating retiring from sea life now but the pull of the sea is strong !

Rgds

Capt Nandu Chitnis
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 12:42   #209
BHPian

It pleasure to be back after a real long break. Had to do some PW hunting before I could LOG in back to TeamBHP. I'm obliged by comments of gentlemen who took interest in my small world & deeply appreciate your queries & comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Ship looks gorgeous. Now i understood how this works.
The electricians office is awesome!! Has everything to build an entire ship
Safe seas and blue skys
Maddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The electrician's workshop may be awesome, but the engineering shop is just a dream! Lathe, drill (and milling and grinding?) and stuff to actually make engine parts! Fabulous!
Thanks maddy.
I'm glad that you liked but unfortunately this is the only ship with such neat workshop. The housekeeping changes from person to person. The present Electrical officer is bit careless about his tools.

Thanks TEG.
The wokshop is for REPAIRS & not for MAKING engine parts. Every engine part on ship is LARGER versions of what you see in your cars. Now the same workshop is quite greasy & dusty. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulstar View Post
@vijaypalsingh
Nice thread, thanks so much for posting. Its really great to see your business doing well and the practice behind the theory I learned at Uni

Do your ships ever come to Aus?
Paul
Thanks Paul.
By the grace of god the business has been fairly good this year. We did have some rough weather but then its no fun sailing when the seas are smooth. Yeah my ships do come to various ports in Australia on bi-monthly basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Mr. Vijay.
Thanks for an awesome details. Read through all the post in one go.

I had a pleasure of being on Indian Warship Vikrant in 1984 - 86, when Dad was based in Goa. And have very fond memories of these Giants.

Wishing you all the best for your Business. and hope to sail on one of these Giants some day.

Please share us the Feature pictures of all Ships in your Fleet with Brief Details.
Thanks Raj. I'm humbled by your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I checked this thread only today and read it all in one go. I have learned so many things about ships in this one hour.

Vijay Sir wishing you all the good luck in your future acquistions. Thank you for keeping us updated.
Thanks Amit.
Our present fleet stands at odd number of 13 ships & 9 offshore vessels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Dear Captain Vijay,

What a great voyage it has been for you! From a sailing Master to Shipowner! Very proud of you Sir. The Sir is a knighthood you so richly deserve!

Your latest acquisition is rocking! Spic and span vessel, clean Mcy spaces. I see these ships in Mumbai Port. Abviously they are shalow draft vessels despite the hugh Industrial cargoes they carry. Stability calulations must be a serious issue here for the Master and the Mate!

I was a Mate on Alaknanda. I loved sailing on bulk carriers except at one port at Haypoint, Australia where the loading rates were incredibly high and a nightmare for the Officers to deballast the vessel to match with the loading rates! No rest for about 24 hours at a stretch and then draft surveys and sailing out. And while this was loading was going on, AMSA port state control surveys!!

After 3 port calls at Haypoint I quit bulkies for good once I was promoted as a Master and started to sail Offshore ships. Been doing that now for 7 years and have enjoyed that too.

Contemplating retiring from sea life now but the pull of the sea is strong !

Rgds

Capt Nandu Chitnis
Thanks Capt Chitnis.
I'm humbled by your words. I'm no match to be knighted SIR.
The Panamax do have to match exceeding rates for loading these days. while maintaining air draughts to avoid shore loading gears. In Vizag the loading rate is somewhere between 2500-3000 mt/per hour & that even with high specific density cargo like iron-ore pellets.

Heavylift ships have seen some bad times with company like BBC filing for bankruptcy earlier this year & thus some beauties fell in our basket.
One of my similar ship is presenty loading Heavy Lifts in port of Mumbai bound for Mombasa & Darusalaam. Expected to sail by tomorrrow OR day later.

Offshore industry is good & my boats are employed in North Sea & Baltic Sea for now. Good pocket money .
I had to do some sailing this year to maintain my license & am now down for revalidation.

With warm regards & greetings for happy holidays.
Merry X mas & Happy new year to all at TeamBHP.
vijaypalsingh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 15:50   #210
BHPian

Thank you for the ^^ post and my chance finding of the same. Went through the thread in one go. Very interesting and informative reading, very far apart from our usual stuff. Great to see things going very well with you. All the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks