Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Old 17th December 2017, 14:20   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)

Bit the bullet and finally took the Tucson over for post-spiti repairs today. Let's see how they come up.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 22:10   #137
BHPian

Took the Punto for timing kit replacement and suspension overhaul at 75K kms. The work was done promptly, though a slight goofup happened in using raised GC shock absorbers instead of the original 2009 version ones. When i brought this to Anupam's notice, he got the lowered version of the suspension installed in 2 days time. Overall happy with the quality and price of the repairs.
The new setup makes it easier to manoeuvre the cars and reduces the time it takes the mechanics to get a car out as compared to the old setup.
Also a special mention to the alignment work done by "Pradhan" ji, he is able to achieve almost perfect alignment using the simple thread method and a good understanding of how to get a good trade-off between toe, camber and caster

Last edited by trance_nut : 19th December 2017 at 22:18.
trance_nut is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 14:15   #138
Senior - BHPian

Had the opportunity to visit WOS in December when my XUV needed its 80K service. Along with that i was facing issue with my front right shockers (they were harsh and creating weird sound).

So i called Anupam and fixed up a pickup from my place. Since it had to be diagnosed for the shockers, hence my XUV was with them for two days. I was fine with it till the time work is complete and everything is sorted. Later that day got a call from them and i was told that the issue with the shocker could be a worn out bushes, so asked them to replace the entire front lower arm bush. Also i was advised to get rear disc replaced which i agreed as it had been 6 years running on the original ones.

So after two days my cheetah was ready for long drive to Gujarat that was planned. Took it for a spin and i was surprised it was my XUV Loved the way it was handling all those bumps now. Earlier i was fearing that my shockers would need to be replaced, but thanks to WOS, they got the culprit and fixed it. I remember here someone had mentioned this before that these guys dont just say to "replace" things (like authorized service center does) but work on finding the issue and getting it fixed so a BIG from me.

I also got my gear oil changed though it didn't do anything that i could make out. The only area where they can improve is the time taken to wash. Since they only have one area for car wash hence it took way too much time to get mine done. But i guess that is being worked upon since they are expanding.

All in all, time, money, effort well spent. Since i live in Delhi, going to Noida was a big question mark. But i am happy that i did. Will be visiting them soon as my vacuum modulator has started giving problem again (XUV people knows it).

Last edited by nitinralli : 5th February 2018 at 14:17.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 19:16   #139
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)

A quick update on my last visit to WoS with my "not so" ageing TATA Manza. While I own a TATA Tiago too now; when it came to an upcoming Roadtrip to Rajasthan, Manza was the obvious choice. With excellent roads in the State and two almost new cars, A Ford Endeavour 2017 and a Renault Duster AMT part of the convoy, my Manza Aura ABS 2012 with 1.65 Lakhs on the Odo could have certainly be termed as a weakling. Not to be bogged down I called WoS to get the Manza picked from home with a clear mandate, it should not be found wanting on the trip.

Needless to say, WoS did a fabulous job and the following important tasks were carried out to my utmost satisfaction.
  • Clutch Overhaul
  • Full Service with Oil Change
  • Replacement of Front Shock Absorbers
  • Overall checkup

On recommendation, a new set of shoes, Falken SN235s too were added from a nearby dealer. The Rajasthan trip lasted 7 days and 2.5k kms without a single hitch, zooming abreast with the Endeavour and the Duster.

A special note to other Manza Owners - Should your Manza need any special care, drive in into WoS. Feel free to shout out to me in case you want to check out mine and verify the work of WoS.

Thank you "World Of Service"
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-photo_20180102_09163201.jpeg  

dhondusaxena is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote