Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 14:20   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)

Bit the bullet and finally took the Tucson over for post-spiti repairs today. Let's see how they come up.
Old 19th December 2017, 22:10   #137
BHPian

Took the Punto for timing kit replacement and suspension overhaul at 75K kms. The work was done promptly, though a slight goofup happened in using raised GC shock absorbers instead of the original 2009 version ones. When i brought this to Anupam's notice, he got the lowered version of the suspension installed in 2 days time. Overall happy with the quality and price of the repairs.
The new setup makes it easier to manoeuvre the cars and reduces the time it takes the mechanics to get a car out as compared to the old setup.
Also a special mention to the alignment work done by "Pradhan" ji, he is able to achieve almost perfect alignment using the simple thread method and a good understanding of how to get a good trade-off between toe, camber and caster

Last edited by trance_nut : 19th December 2017 at 22:18.
trance_nut is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 14:15   #138
Senior - BHPian

Had the opportunity to visit WOS in December when my XUV needed its 80K service. Along with that i was facing issue with my front right shockers (they were harsh and creating weird sound).

So i called Anupam and fixed up a pickup from my place. Since it had to be diagnosed for the shockers, hence my XUV was with them for two days. I was fine with it till the time work is complete and everything is sorted. Later that day got a call from them and i was told that the issue with the shocker could be a worn out bushes, so asked them to replace the entire front lower arm bush. Also i was advised to get rear disc replaced which i agreed as it had been 6 years running on the original ones.

So after two days my cheetah was ready for long drive to Gujarat that was planned. Took it for a spin and i was surprised it was my XUV Loved the way it was handling all those bumps now. Earlier i was fearing that my shockers would need to be replaced, but thanks to WOS, they got the culprit and fixed it. I remember here someone had mentioned this before that these guys dont just say to "replace" things (like authorized service center does) but work on finding the issue and getting it fixed so a BIG from me.

I also got my gear oil changed though it didn't do anything that i could make out. The only area where they can improve is the time taken to wash. Since they only have one area for car wash hence it took way too much time to get mine done. But i guess that is being worked upon since they are expanding.

All in all, time, money, effort well spent. Since i live in Delhi, going to Noida was a big question mark. But i am happy that i did. Will be visiting them soon as my vacuum modulator has started giving problem again (XUV people knows it).

Last edited by nitinralli : 5th February 2018 at 14:17.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 19:16   #139
BHPian

A quick update on my last visit to WoS with my "not so" ageing TATA Manza. While I own a TATA Tiago too now; when it came to an upcoming Roadtrip to Rajasthan, Manza was the obvious choice. With excellent roads in the State and two almost new cars, A Ford Endeavour 2017 and a Renault Duster AMT part of the convoy, my Manza Aura ABS 2012 with 1.65 Lakhs on the Odo could have certainly be termed as a weakling. Not to be bogged down I called WoS to get the Manza picked from home with a clear mandate, it should not be found wanting on the trip.

Needless to say, WoS did a fabulous job and the following important tasks were carried out to my utmost satisfaction.
  • Clutch Overhaul
  • Full Service with Oil Change
  • Replacement of Front Shock Absorbers
  • Overall checkup

On recommendation, a new set of shoes, Falken SN235s too were added from a nearby dealer. The Rajasthan trip lasted 7 days and 2.5k kms without a single hitch, zooming abreast with the Endeavour and the Duster.

A special note to other Manza Owners - Should your Manza need any special care, drive in into WoS. Feel free to shout out to me in case you want to check out mine and verify the work of WoS.

Thank you "World Of Service"
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-photo_20180102_09163201.jpeg  

dhondusaxena is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 20:45   #140
BHPian

Its been quite a while since I updated my review and experiences of WoS.

My cars are my passion & I take a lot of care about them. If you have read my earlier posts, you would have known that my cars have been visiting WoS since its inception.

Recently I sent my XUV 5OO (almost 1L km & out of warranty now) for service, brake disc / pads change & general checkup of front suspension. As always, it came back in top notch condition & with all work done to satisfaction.

And yes, I would like to mention that unlike other service stations, WoS has always been upfront & clear in advising everyone that warranty shall be voided if they attempt to rectify any car within its warranty period & hence all such cars should be sent to authorised service stations. They have their ethics sorted out too!!

Following XUV, it was Getz turn for general checkup, service & other fixes. I own a 1.5 Crdi Getz as well & the car has been ageing, showing signs of wear & tear. It had a massive steering oil leak to the extent that I had to carry bottles of steering fluid & top up the reservoir every day. This was fixed at WoS with detailed care and it now drives very smooth with no signs of leakage. Following the steering work, I also got the EGR cleaned up as well.

A delightful customer experience on both occassions.

I would say the WoS has definitely come a lot of way from early startup years of being a corner repair service shop to a Multi-brand Servicing Centre which includes Performance Enhancement, Paint Booth, Accessories, etc. They have now grown from a 3-lift and 1 Paint booth setup to 9 lifts & a comprehensive Paint booth. With skilled, competent & professional manpower, they diagnose the issues and resolve them with the intention to ‘Repair' rather than 'Replace' unless you specifically want them to. The parts that need replacement, you would get them at a competitive rate (if not utterly cheap) due to their very strong sourcing network. The overall servicing and repair work is well priced. They are just a call away and provide assistance as and when required. The complete team is knowledgeable & trustworthy.

I would strongly recommend a visit to the workshop. Interact with the staff and you will very soon feel the difference in knowhow and professionalism.

Happy and safe riding amigos !!
forbhaskarm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 09:39   #141
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to pen down my latest experience with this workshop, and it has been pretty much terrible to say the least.

The owner, Anupam, simply doesn't bother on updating the status or lifting calls on time or for timely arrangement of spare parts and has developed the attitude of not caring for our cars it seems. His attitude remains casual and its his mismanagement, and the care a damn attitude of some of his mechanics that is leading to drop in quality levels.

My Palio was due for 30,000 kms service. I own the car since an year and it was running perfectly fine till date, so what was to be a routine service turned out to be a nightmare of sorts, and it was a waste of 6 days and INR 15k as a whole.

I called Anupam on May 4th to fix an appointment for Monday, may 7, 2018. Owing to heavy load, hence, Monday. I noticed flat spots during AC being turned on so based on his "so called" experiances and owning multiple 178 platform cars, decided to get work done from there since my trusted mechanic at Dwarka was not available for a week and I couldn't overshoot the same.

Work asked to be done:
  • Engine oil change
  • Oil filter change
  • Air filter cleaning (was changed just 1000 kms back)
  • AC filter change (original spare part to be provided by me)
  • petrol filter change
  • Checking of underbody nuts and bolts
  • Spark plug cleaning
  • Throttle body cleaning
  • Radiator flush and new coolent owing to summers
  • General checkup
  • AC checkup and gas recycling (IF ONLY REQUIRED)
  • Few minor rattles to be attended to

On may 7, I reached the workshop at 10:15 am assuming that car will be attended to and work will start and will be done with due diligence. The workshop was overcrowded with cars lying everywhere and lift was not available. Once i called anupam 3-4 times, one car came out and lift was emptied for my car to be in at 12:25 pm.

The first shock: Basic oil and petrol filter were not available (inspite of my intimating anupam 3 days in advance and making 2 follow up calls with him).
While the filters were not there, underbody checkup, tightening of heat shield near the resonator, cleaning of spark plugs and throttle body with spray, cleaning of air filter was done.

The filters came at 5:20 pm, again after following up with anupam in his workshop. I was running a tight schedule and wanted the car on same day cause the basic service is nothing but a routine affair. Though Punto was all fine being the backup car in house. The oil (agip I sint) was changed (from barell, not can, and this coming from a person-workshop owner- who was against the quality of barell oils), oil filter was installed (OE part-I checked), petrol filter was changed and the car was checked again underneath and came off the lift.

At 6:15 pm, the liqui moly radiator flush was done, old contaminated coolent drained out, flushing was completed and new coolent (liqui moly-green colour) was poured in. The Palio 1.6 needs an adjustment of the air to come off from the radiator in order to ensure that the car doesnt overheat and that activity was being performed after I took a test drive. The car was hot so I had to wait for it to have cooled down.

It was then the beginning of a series of nightmares started.

The car had a perfectly working AC, and while driving, the AC did create flat spot between 2000-4500 rpm. The engine has a very good torque spread for petrol and Anupam insisted on gas recycle and compressor oil change to overcome this. Good advice, but if at all the gas existed at the car at first place?

My car was throwing hot air, and his mechanic, Salman took the car to the AC machine and confirmed that the gas was not there. I was shocked, as to my surprise, how did the gas leaked out at first place? I am sure that somewhere some carelessness in the workshop caused the gas leak. Gas was filled but we could hear the leaking happening. That night it was 8 pm, and they asked for next day to sort out the leak and I left at that night.

The next morning, work again started on fixing the leak which was later claimed to have been traced to some compressor valve which was not gettng connected or properly fitting to the AC pipe.

Question- was it some carelessness? How did this thing happen at first place? I still suspect some carelessness was there within that nick of the time else, how does a working compressor valve develops a leak at first place?

The day went by with no solution in sight.

Wednesday, the compressor was took out and valve was sent to be built by some so called lathe wala with his labour. I was told to again wait till the problem is fixed. Wednesday became thursday.

Thursday came by and again what was going on on fixing a minor problem was finally fixed on Friday. AC gas was filled and compressor oil recycled with the machine and all seemed to be well. The flat spot vanished and AC was cooling like before, so yes, there the work done was good, but again, too much time consumed.

Now coming to a final problem that was traced. One axle boot had developed a cut on the driver's side and I asked them to change it and give me the car on saturday. They DO NOT have any person who can fix the same in their own workshop and source some third party mechanic who does axle work.
This was where the problems started.
The axle boot was fixed on saturday, and on reaching WoS around 3 PM on 12th May, I noticed some leak from the oil seal which is fixed with the axle next to the bottom of the gearbox. The gear oil was having leak. I had to raise an alarm and get it fixed. At first, anupam was adament and said it cant be done. Then, the car was raised on a lift and a new oil seal was installed, by his mechanic irshad and another guy, and gear oil was poured in again, and I drove the car for 4-5 kms and took it home thinking that all has been resolved. For all the work, I paid approx 15k and settled the amount. I asked for a new rear parcel tray as the existing one had became old and carpet at the bottom was worn out. I placed the order on Thursday and till date haven't received it.

The car was driven for about 600 plus kms in the next 2 days. When i was returning to my home from Haryana, my car started to make a grinding noise from the gearbox while shifting and while decelerating and coasting in neutral. That's when I suspected something took a turn for the worse.

To again take a proper second opinion, I called my mechanic and told him about the incident and he told me to bring the car on Tuesday morning. The car went that morning and I was litrelly shocked to know that my car does not have gear oil at all. The calculated time of noise till the time it reached the mechanic was close to 125 kms. I had asked if at all my gearbox could have been damaged due to no oil, I was told to wait and till he checked, the oil seal that was installed by WoS was not a genuine part and its inner rubber twisted and leaked out all the gear oil. HOW did that happen? Again for sure was negligence that was caused by WoS+ their axle mechanic. The axle was at first time not installed properly and a rubber bushing which was located behind the boot was placed on the wrong side which added to another noise which they corrected on Saturday.

The mechanic sourced a OE oil seal, and I purchased liqui moly fully synthetic gear oil (of course at a lower price than what was quoted by WoS) and we poured in the same and took multiple test runs. Thankfully, the noise vanished and just a minor hush noise came from the gearbox. I am sure that some minor damage has been done which created that hush noise but I have driven the car for over 350 kms during a long night drive, and noticed that the oil hasn't leaked at all. The hush noise comes at 30-40 kmph speeds and I guess I have to live with it.

So the car also came back with rpm fluctuation and that was corrected with properly cleaning the throttle body which was NOT done at first place at WoS. This I can confirm after doing multiple test runs and losing my sleep over the poor experiance I encountered at WoS.

Lesson learnt:
  • All that glitters from upside and talks is not gold. Waste of time, money and energy with not much output. I am skeptical on if at all the AC problem has gone for good or will return again.
  • There is nothing wrong with the car. Its mechanics that screw it up. The mechanic who worked in my car on Monday at WoS was not at all experianced. Seemed like some newbie and I had asked anupam on his credibility he said hes a good chap. His work attitude was also casual.
  • Never trust on the words of the owner of the workshop. Money matters first, not satisfaction. His approach too is very much casual these days.
  • Know your car inside and out and only get that work done which is required. Any extra work and you may screw up other things. No, My car never needed extra work, I just got the worn out parts replaced, but in doing one thing, two other things were screwed up.
  • Sheer carelessness, nothing else.

Going by the episode, Have decided on not to go again to WoS as I am not at all happy with the work done overall. You can do some good things, but two bad things can turn your overall experiance into a bitter one. And that, not expected of a workshop owned by an old member of team bhp.

What if my car was stranded on the road if my gearbox got busted? And who would have taken responsibility of the wrongdoings? All they can do is tender a casual apology and nothing else. Trust has been broken for once, and probably a nice lesson learnt.

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-32267210_1972114519489490_4404254173365796864_n.jpg

My car is running fine now, thankfully. And I still wait for my parcel tray which has never been delivered till date....

Last edited by sidindica : 17th May 2018 at 09:42.
sidindica is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 01:51   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

My car is running fine now, thankfully. And I still wait for my parcel tray which has never been delivered till date....
lovely car if you dont mind me asking which year model is it?

Cheers
Old 5th June 2018, 15:51   #143
BHPian

My 11 year old Safari started showing symptoms of fluctuation in the AC blower speed, blowing 3 fuses of the AC condenser fan, and strange behaviour of the ICE.
I narrowed it down to an voltage regulation problem and suspected the alternator. Took it to WOS and told Anshuman my diagnosis. He accepted to get the Alternator checked and get it overhauled if needed.
The issues was narrowed down to the regulator and the replacement part was sourced in less than a day, and the car was returned within 2 days and the Safari is back in business.
Good work done by WOS once again
trance_nut is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 20:55   #144
BHPian

I recently purchased a pre owned Volkswagen Passat and had to visit World of Service on several occasions during the past few months. I also took my Jetta in for HID projector light repair. I will provide a summary of the work done below along with my review of the process:

Preliminary inspection:
Upon purchase, parking sensors, parking distance display, auto parking, boot release switch, boot shock absorbers (to hold boot lid in place), suspension arms and cornering light bulbs were not functional. The windscreen washer fluid reservoir was cracked as well.

Parking sensors: I was afraid this would be a major issue and expense considered the complicated electronics in the Passat. Fortunately, Salman and other experts at WOS were able to diagnose that the parking display, automatic parking and sensors were non functional due to just one sensor not being operational! I must confess that I was a little dubious at first but I have high regard for their expertise and sure enough, they ordered the sensor and the whole system started functioning perfectly! I was saved a costly repair and troubleshooting effort by WOS and was able to enjoy auto park in the Passat for a minimal cost. Hats off to Salman, the chief electrician at WOS.

Suspension arms: I was given the option of repairing the existing bushes for around 8K or replacing the entire unit for approximately 15,000. Repair of components, where possible, is a unique and very valuable service provided by WOS. I chose the repair option and the arms were fitted with brand new bushes and looked totally new. It took a few hours and while the other work was being done, the retrofitted parts arrived and were fitted. I was very satisfied with the cost, turn around time and the professional service provided.

Boot shock absorbers: these were sourced and replaced quite quickly and at a very resonable cost.

Boot open switch:
this turned out to be tricky. WOS ordered the part and it fitted the electrical socket and worked. However the design was slightly different and it wouldn't allow the panel to be closed. WOS ordered it again but the small discrepancy remained. Upon my suggestion, their technicians were able to switch the internal parts of the new switch to the box of the old switch and thus the problem was solved.

In addition to these fixes, the Passat also needed regular servicing along with DSG oil change. The regular oil change was done using Liquimoly synthetic oil that I have been using quite happily in my Jetta. Oil and cabin filters were changed as well and we added the Liquimoly Ceratec additive for friction reduction. As usual this service was performed very professionally using high quality materials at a good price.

DSG oil change: this was my first time doing this and it was only due to my high level of trust in WOS mechanics and Anupam himself that I even though of doing something so tricky away from official VW dealership. Upon my request they used the top fill method. For the uninitiated, there are two methods of changing DSG oil. The most common one is where the oil is drained and then a special pump is used to fill the new oil from the bottom drain plug. However many experts suggest the top fill method. Here, we drained the oil and carefully measured the quantity that was drained out. Then we changed the DSG filter and poured in the same quantity plus about 100 ml extra to accommodate oil loss from the filter. We used the filter opening to pour in fresh oil. This had to be done carefully as it takes around one hour to slowly fill the new oil. WOS did the job very well and ensured a dust free environment to prevent any debris from going in to the DSG system. The old oil and filter were super dirty. I have driven around 12,000 kms since the DSG oil change and am fully satisfied. I plan on doing the DSG oil change for the Jetta at WOS as well.

The old dirty DSG oil:
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-20171206_141411.jpg

EGR error and cleaning: after a few months, my Passat showed a check engine light. This was shown as "exhaust gas recirculation error" on Vagcom. Normally this leads to EGR value replacement but fortunately WOS were able to take out the EGR and clean it along with cleaning the intake area. This fixed the issue and saved me over 50k for an EGR replacement. Once again, this shows the WOS ability to repair certain parts in order to reduce the cost to the customer.

HID projector repair: my Jetta had some issues with HID projectors on two occasions
One time the projector got loose and was a little twisted. On another occasion, one projector had gone bad and was casting a large shadow in the beam. On both occasions, WOS were able to fix the issues. This is complicated as it requires opening the bumper, removing the headlight, using a heatgun to soften the adhesive and then resealing with proper adhesive after fixing the issue. All this was done really well.

Overall, I was extremely satisfied with all of the services provided. The work was done efficiently and at a great price while maintaining high standards and attention to detail. My car was serviced with OEM parts but at a much lesser price compared to the dealership.

The owner, Mr. Anupam Shukla, is a very professional and knowledgeable gentleman. His knowledge about cars is phenomenal and he always takes the time to listen to the customer in order to understand any concerns and then allocates the work to the appropriate mechanic. His enthusiasm for cars is obvious and he really enjoys his work. The staff are also careful in inspecting and rectifying issues and handle customers' cars with good care.

This is a great neighbourhood garage run by friendly and knowledgeable folks. They have proper lifts installed and have technicians available to handle electrical work, mechanical issues and painting. I saw some of their paint work and the car they had repainted, an older Skoda Yeti, looked brand new.

The fully repainted Skoda Yeti

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-20180620_1025533456x1944.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-20180620_1026553456x1944.jpg

I would wholeheartedly recommend them for all sorts of work from denting and painting to servicing and for minor and major repairs. They use high quality parts and consumables and able to source OEM parts at very good prices.

Having World of Service available gives me great peace of mind regarding car ownership. I sincerely thank Anupam and his staff for looking after me and my Jetta and Passat so well. In fact I wouldn't even dare purchase a pre owned German car without World of Service being at hand.

Last edited by Lobogris : 20th June 2018 at 21:02. Reason: Added picture.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 00:24   #145
BHPian

My recent experience with Landmark Fiat, Delhi is documented in this thread. As mentioned in it they sabotaged the compressor and I was stranded in some lonely industrial sector of Noida with my wife and mom at around 9 PM.

I called Anupam and he promptly arranged a flatbed to get the car towed. I left with my family after handing over the car.

The next day I along with a friend reached WOS and inspected the car along with Salman (the AC guy in WOS). Salman diagnosed each and every issue methodically and patiently. He finally identified that the compressor had seized due to missing compressor oil. He also eliminated all other potential issues by checking pipes, pressure stat, etc.

Anupam helped me in escalating the issues and the faults by Landmark to Fiat. We finally managed to get a new compressor from Fiat after 5 days at a discounted price. I was in Ahmedabad for work and Anupam maintained the follow-up with Fiat in my absence and also collected the compressor from Landmark Delhi by making remaining payment.

Salman requested for two days to properly set it up and work on the AC. I allowed him to take his time and I have to admit he has done a good job. The AC is working fine now and there isn’t any noise or vibration in the system.

While I had a negative experience with the AC work at WOS in my Santro when WOS was new. This time around they were not only supportive but also conducted their part of the work very well. So, now I won't be shy in recommending them for AC work as well.

What I like about dealing with Anupam is that in him I have someone I can rely upon in times of need. He offered help when my car’s alternator gave issues in Shimla and again he helped the night I was stranded with my family. And, he is someone who loves cars so, I can leave the car in his custody. One might find better priced or more experienced centre than WOS elsewhere but finding someone who can be as receptive and supportive as Anupam will be difficult. Thus, I will prefer giving my cars to Anupam whenever required/possible.

A pic after all the work was done and the car cleaned.

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20180611_152758.jpg
Biraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 10:13   #146
Senior - BHPian

An update was due. My i10 and Jetta have been undergoing routine maintenance at WoS for a while now.

The i10 has been fuss free and any replacement parts are arranged promptly and MRP is charged. Easy stuff considering the availability of parts.

The impressive part is arranging rare parts for rare cars. Came back from a month long business trip and discovered the Jetta's brake pedal went to the floor. The master cylinder was shot. WoS arranged the part (after-market but were transparent about it) in a day. Unfortunately, it caused brake light to malfunction. They decided to order another unit assuming the first unit itself was faulty. The second one repeated the same behaviour. The third time around we decided to go for OEM cylinder (it was 3X the price of the after-market piece). That, too, was arranged within a couple of days and fitted on the morning of the third day. So if you have a rare car (MKV Jetta in my case) and need a rare part then count on these guys to source it for you.

Logically, i wasn't charged for the trial and error which went on while trying to get the after-market piece to work. I mention this because it is not something that is applicable to most other FNGs. These guys really do stand by their work!!! Another instance is when the leather seat covers on one of the cars started deteriorate on the driver's side and WoS got it fixed without any hesitation and any cost to me - and this after a full year from the date of fitment.

With the move to the new facility in the past year, they've seen a multiple fold increase in the volumes they handle. While the number of mechanics has increased, the employees handling the front-line communication with customers has not. This causes frequent and serious lapses in maintaining deadlines and communication of critical updates. Unfortunately, its something that leaves a bad impression for an outlet which projects itself as a professional one-stop solution for all automotive needs, caters primarily to the educated folks and prices itself accordingly. Having said this, the owner is aware of this issue and is taking measures to rectify the problem area.

Last edited by Deeps : 20th July 2018 at 10:16.
Deeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 12:20   #147
BHPian

I have been a regular customer and a happy reccomender for WOS. My T-jet was having AC issues and last year I had my cooling coil replaced by WOS. I took the car to the workshop and sure enough I was promptly attended by Anupam and his crew. I would especially applaud Salman here, who takes care of my AC. This time around it was the condenser which had developed leak and required replacement. After replacing the condenser , the problem returned a month later, but Salman inspected with due diligence and added O-rings to the point where condenser connects the whole system and re-filled the gas without any charges, which probably would not have been the case if the workshop was not professional enough. After that, my AC has been running fuss free and I am quite happy.
Then came the annual service, which was kind of overdue and after the service I am fully satisfied and the car is running as good as new, infact the post service fuel efficiency is almost up by 1kmpl. Thanks to the attention for detail, my front shock had developed a leak and was successfully replaced with original 2011 edition FIAT shocker.

Infact, I also recommended one of my friends with XUV500 to the workshop and he has since then started visting WOS for regular service and niggles and is quite happy to be there. I would definitely recommend the workshop for all your auto needs. Wishing Anupam and his team best of luck with their planned cafe in 2018.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 23:06   #148
BHPian

Went here today for a comprehensive car wash (interior polishing & exterior waxing). I was asked to wait for an hour in the office. I met Mr. Anupam. He was there to discuss some business proposition with someone.

Once I interacted with the staff, they seemed quite knowledgeable. The car wash included cleaning the engine bay with pressurised air, washing the exterior followed by cleaning interiors (with a damp cloth?) and applying polish. The car was wipe dried and was sparkling new after they applied the wax.

I took this opportunity to use their car lifts and check out my underbody (I hit a bad concrete pavement by misjudging how high it was). Fortunately, everything was in order. Once all was done, I inspected the car but some bits were missing (ex-the polish on external plastics, dirty ORVMs, they didn't vaccuum the inside of the car, etc.) but my concerns were promptly attended to. I went easy on the staff since it started raining so I realised I would have to do a light cleaning once I got home too.

A good first time experience though. Value for money factor is alright if you're going for more complex things than a car wash. In my case though, I found it to be a little more expensive than a roadside FNG (which I expected it to be). Would go there again! 4.6 stars out of 5.

Few pictures:

BEFORE

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20180810_123853__01.jpg

AFTER

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20180810_15294401.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20180810_15293301.jpg
typlo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 12:01   #149
BHPian

Visited WOS recently for a major repair work. My experience:

1. The workshop's first experience is not good. There are scrap and garbage littered around, walls are crumbling, water/ oil is scattered around carelessly, and so on. The customer lounge is the only place they seemed to have maintained.
2. Was given an estimate of 3 days and it took 8 days. On top of it, had to continuously call and get an update instead of getting one from WoS.
3. Mechanically, the work seems fine. Will conclude this based on more mileage but all's good for now.
4. Price estimate was spot on.
5. Saw a couple of cars getting washed. Scrap cloth was re-used - won't recommend for getting a wash.

Overall, a neutral experience. Might not visit again.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 15:21   #150
BHPian

I went to the World of Service today to give my vehicle for an issue with the gear box. Found one new thing about them, they have become authorized dealer of Michelin. Also saw couple of high-end cars Mercedes – C Class & ML250 and also Audi A6 in here for major repairs, which is a good sign.

Also, I think they took the above feedback and the Workshop was clean today. Some renovation is going on as well. The toilet was super clean and I liked it, though the access to it needs to be worked on. So, they are working towards making it better every time I make a visit.

So, I wish all the success to WOS, and also to take care of feedback from their customers. Keep up the good work.
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-whatsapp-image-20181020-14.55.00-1.jpeg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-whatsapp-image-20181020-15.09.51.jpeg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-whatsapp-image-20181020-15.09.55.jpeg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-whatsapp-image-20181020-15.12.55.jpeg  

Shivanshu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks