Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 16:25   #31
BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
Has anyone got the service or electrical job done from them on Fords?

Due to weird location of fusebox and wiring, many local auto-electricians are not confident.

I need to get daschcam hardwired on 2011 Endeavour and 2014 EcoSport. They can do it?
Yes they can, the owner has installed a Tacho on a friends car.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 23:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Except for accessory installation and fixing of the camber bolt on the Palio, all work on my car has been done at Fiat ASC, including engine overhaul.

Also, despite the somewhat higher price of labour (since I would have used genuine spares anyways) I was satisfied with the work at Kashyap Fiat. But, that does not mean the realities of an ASC change. The pressure to generate revenue, allocating work to mechanics as per their own logic rather than customer's choice, rushing through jobs, etc etc sometimes leave you dissatisifed. No amount of rating them less than 9 out of 10 helps because the business model is such.

I know WoS owner personally, but that was no guarantee of satisfaction. So I was continuing with getting my car serviced at Kashyap Fiat. My sister's Alto went to WoS twice and work was carried out as per requirement, though it was only a service and minor fixing of headlamp with broken clasp. That is the beater car, a simpler car and really easy to handle. I was a little apprehensive of giving my car there initially. But this time, the situation (work pressure, lack of clarity from ASC on parts availability, etc.) meant that I decided to give them a try with some serious work. I had to go to WoS twice within three weeks. The works done were as follows:

a. Diagnosis of noise from power steering. Detected to leaking PS fluid container. Rack was replaced 6 months ago so I was afraid it was the pump. But thankfully it only the container which was for Rs 1,500/-

b. Diagnosis of noise from front suspension. It was traced to FL lower arm and shocker mounting. These had been replaced at 85,000 km and now car is at 1,58,000 km so I am not complaining.

c. While car was on lift during the last service, a leak was detected in the return pipe of the oil separator. It was resealed with an adhesive. However, since the car was started within 45 minutes of sealing, I think the seal failed and leak started again. When the car was lifted at WoS for checking the suspension, this leak was found again, though car was losing oil at a very minute rate and only when hot (which is how I did not detect it during my weekly dipstick check, since no patches were found under the car either). Another leak was detected at the valve of the oil sump.

d. Now, suddenly, I was faced with a car with not only a noisy suspension but also engine oil leaking from two places!

e. A few phone calls by Anupam and we found that Palio MJD oil sump was coming for Rs 500/-. This rang a warning bell as Palio spares are never that cheap. I checked with my contact at Fiat ASC and was told that the sump for Punto MJD and Palio MJD are different in weight and thickness of metal (possibly because Punto has an engine guard and Palio doesn't). The Palio engine guard is made of thicker metal and is priced at around Rs 3,500/-. By Palio Stile price standards it was believable so we decided to go for the more expensive one.

Now this is where WoS excels. They have different channels for sourcing parts (from dealer / ASC, from distributor, from other sources including importers from Brazil and China, from local manufacturers and even from the used / accident car salvage).

They took 2 days to arrange for the part. They did not ask me to leave the car before that. Even after getting the part, they did not take my car for a day because they were full to capacity and I could not give the car for one day due to my own appointments. The idea was that once the sump and oil seperator valve would be sealed with sealant, the car would have to remain on the lift for a half a day for the sealant to dry, so they could not take the car on a very busy day. It was a fair request. It is also better to take the car when you can do the job and parts are ready than keep delaying the return of the car.

The car went for one day and all work oil stopping leakage, replacing sump, changing suspension parts was carried out properly. Parts were priced at par or lower than ASC (all genuine FIAT parts were used, though local suspension arm was also available as a choice) and labour for the entire work was under Rs 2,000/-. Car was washed complimentary.

My opinion is that I have seen them grow from the initial days when the Alto was sent for service till today and they have built up infrastructure and capacity. If you are an involved customer, they take you as part of the diagnosis / repair process (unlike the closed-door, customer not allowed in workshop policy of ASC) and that helps in your confidence. Regarding parts, it may take some time to source some parts. If you are dealing with all brands, you can't keep all parts of all cars in stock. But they manage well for a multi-brand outlet. They are worth a try. Definitiely.

Last edited by architect : 13th November 2015 at 23:59.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 20:38   #33
BANNED

Got my car - Hyundai Accent (petrol), serviced at WOS. Overall it was a good experience. They take care to identify and resolve issues and explain things properly. Attitude towards work is good too and they do things the proper way. They don't rush through or do a haphazard job.

Labour charges are very high compared to my regular fng. I can live with it if the work done is good "at every visit" and not just the first visit.

---

Purolator oil filter is available cheaper outside.

Just noticed I have been charged Rs550 for silicone tube. (even though just a little bit was applied around the gasket).

It seems I'll stick to my regular fng for basic service and use might use WOS for mechanical work or other complex, tasks.

Sharing my reciept for the benefit of other memebers.
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-wos.jpg  

Old 21st November 2015, 00:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Got my car - Hyundai Accent (petrol), serviced at WOS. Overall it was a good experience. They take care to identify and resolve issues and explain things properly. Attitude towards work is good too and they do things the proper way. They don't rush through or do a haphazard job.

Labour charges are very high compared to my regular fng. I can live with it if the work done is good "at every visit" and not just the first visit.

---

Purolator oil filter is available cheaper outside.

Just noticed I have been charged Rs550 for silicone tube. (even though just a little bit was applied around the gasket).

It seems I'll stick to my regular fng for basic service and use might use WOS for mechanical work or other complex, tasks.

Sharing my reciept for the benefit of other memebers.
Ouch, 1450 for a general service?
Old 29th November 2015, 00:53   #35
BHPian

Wanted to share my experience with World of Service Noida :

My Customer Satisfaction rating "Very Happy Customer"

My cars have been visiting World of Service Noida regularly and recently got my Linea serviced from them & also got the height elevation kit installed.

Regarding Service - well extremely happy, the complete car was thoroughly checked, all required bushes greased, they also vacuum cleaned the interiors as part of the regular service which I don’t believe is done by authorised service centers FOC. Also got EGR cleaned, as a result, my 7 year old Linea drives like "new". Very satisfied.

New services that they have started: Paint Protection & Underbody Coat.

I have also seen them steadily grow, they have done good amount of extensive work & as a result you would see all cars from the humble Nano & Alto, to crowd favorite Swift, Dezire, FIATs like Palio, Punto, Linea, SUVs like Safari & Fortuner to Audis and Mercs - a truly multi-brand service station. I certainly recommend them to everyone I know.
Old 29th November 2015, 23:34   #36
BHPian

Here's my share of experience at World Of Service, Noida.

It was a very pleasant experience for me. Overall i am very satisfied and this place is "Highly Recommended".

One of my cars, a 2006 Hyundai i10 1.2 developed some suspension issues. As the car has run more than 60k kms with lots of touring done, i was sure that the front suspension were gone and also the steering was making some weird noises.

Went there yesterday on Saturday the 28th. Reached at 12 noon sharp, we ( me and my dad ) were promptly handled by Mr Vikram ( The SA ). Explained him all the issues and then a mechanic came and took the car for a short test ride. it was concluded that the steering rack had to be changed as well as the front shock absorber mounts. I gave them a go ahead and started looking at other Fiats which were parked in the premises . Then the owner of WOS , Mr Anupam came.

Let me tell you he is an extremely courteous person and a Fiat enthusiast. Also discussed the issue of my i10 with him and told him that i would be needing the car the next day. Got a confirmation from him too on the same. After a short discussion on Fiats again, checked out his S10 which was restored nicely. We had a discussion about removing some scratches from my car, so told them to do the same.

Come Sunday morning, i was already expecting a call from WOS. Got a call around 2 pm from them explaining that the front lower arms, shock absorbers and also the link rods had to be changed. Gave them the go-ahead and told them that i would be there by 5 to pick the car up.

But there was a surprise waiting for me. Got a call from Mr Anupam around 4 pm that while test driving the car after the work got finished, a stone hit the front windshield and cracked it. Well yes, i was a bit furious, but he apologized and informed me that the new windshield is already on the way and will be fixed in a few hours. I was happy that he reacted quickly in informing me and then took action on the same.

I reached the workshop at 7 pm sharp and the car was ready ( Though they were insisting that i take the car the next day but it couldn't be done as its a daily driver ). I was in touch with Mr Anupam the whole time. The car was cleaned properly and the work done was fantastic. I couldn't test the suspension properly as the windshield was fixed a few hours back so i had to be cautious while driving back home, but the car does handle well now and soaking the bumps nicely.

Overall i am extremely happy with the staff and the workshop. Would surely go back again

Attaching the bill of the whole job that has been carried out.
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20151129_220821814.jpg  

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 29th November 2015 at 23:45. Reason: Grammer!
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to share an update here which may be of substantial benefit to other members. WOS has now begun functioning 24X7. This implies that you can pick/drop and have the work done on your car at any hour - a huge boon for people like me who can't take workdays off from work and weekends from family duties.

I remember there was a discussion around this topic of 24X7 service centres on TBHP some years back and there was a lot of interest from members in availing such services and enjoying its conveniences.
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:11   #38
Team-BHP Support

I recently visited WOS to get some work done on the Safari.
The list of items to be done were

1. Rear wheel jamming
2. Water in headlight
3. Horn not working
4. Drive side lock issue

I gave the car around lunchtime, and received it next day evening.
The following jobs were done
1. Handbrake wire change
2. Headlight reseal
3. Horn adjustment
4. Lock adjustment - This job i had requested at various TASS earlier, but they could not fix it. They were asking me to change locks and central locking, but the denter here is very good.
5. Vehicle wash and clean

Overall expense including labor = 2400

My verdict
Positives

- Staff has good knowledge
- Excellent denter/painter shop. Could fix the door lock with ease and knew the problem right away
- Reasonable charges
- Excellent washing quality

Negatives
- Number of lifts is less, especially for a Safari. So some waiting time
- While doing the hand brake wire change, they misplaced a small rubber mat which sits under hand brake. Anupam has assured to get me a new mat when I come next time.

From the comments it seems this workshop is a no-brainer for anybody who has a fiat. I would like to add, that even for Tata Safari(esp if you do not require 4WD related work), this is an excellent setup.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 20:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

There is another update and again, a very positive one to share. My Punto is now at 66k plus, and since my driving is far more agressive than any normal punto 75 bhp car owner I know, on the principles of preventive maintenance, I got a couple of major things done:

-Timing chain and related replacement. They took a day and a half, because of the complex jobs involved.
-Catylitic converter cleaning. I think this is a first which I have availed. We had discussed various preventive measures to make my car run better than even a new car with multijet, and simple yet small and significant maintenance tips do go in a long way in ensuring this. They removed the primary cat con located next to the turbo, cleaned it and removed all the soot and carbon deposits accumulated over the years.

And after the same, I have found a marked difference in the way my car behaves. Low end jerks on gear 2 are gone, the car smokes very less now, and even the mid range has improved a lot. The car runs much smoother and free-er throughout its rev range.

All in all, they keep impressing, though would also appreciate them being more organised.

What they have now started is also night service, which is a boom for many car owners across Delhi NCR now. Further details are available on their facebook page.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2017 at 16:38. Reason: Typo
Old 11th December 2015, 22:09   #40
BHPian

Alright I want to give you an update.

My Swift VDI which has crossed 94K mark was long time due for EGR Cleaning, also the Servicing was due, and then their was a thud thud sound on my Front Left Tyre. Now a guy like me who is attached to the machines which he possesses would have like to get everything done in front of him as it gives him the opportunity to learn and also these days you don't find reliable people in life.

But since things were overdue for my Car, and I had to get it done before this weekend. I decided to give my car to WOS. Now again I am not associated with this brand or workshop for any commercial reason but yes I know them for quite sometime and have been getting the work done from them only and completely satisfied.

Alright so after lot of thinking, I decided to leave my car with them on Wednesday afternoon. I was not sure as I am not used to leave my vehicles at the workshop. But yes I forgot that this is WOS.

Alright when I went to leave the car, one of their Chief Mechanic came in and went on a Test Drive with me, noted down all the details. The things which had to be done on my car are:
1. EGR Cleaning
2. Servicing
3. Diagnose & Fix thud sound from the Brake Caliper of my Left Front Tyre

After leaving the car I went home and slept and then next day morning I started getting the updates.

Thursday Morning: The thud sound of the brake caliper has been fixed and the EGR has been opened, we will clean it and then fix it back.

Thursday Evening: The EGR has been cleaned and then fixed back. Servicing is due

Friday Morning : Car is ready and only washing and cleaning is left.

Friday afternoon: Car is all ready.

Went to WOS, and yes she was shining bright looking happy, interior cleaned as well. The dashboard area cleaned and polish, the smell of the car was awesome. Tyres cleaned and polished as well. The wash quality was quite good and yes they do it professionally which I like. I was showed the Bill and briefly explained what all happened.

Also I was briefed about my shockers being weak so will need a replacement. Well its ok, I am not complaining about this, after all the car has already done 94k kms and I have driven this car in Himachal, Uttaranchal, Lucknow where not.

I was taken for a Test Drive of my car, the sound was gone, my car was looking more at ease even at higher three digits speed. There was a calmness and no unwanted exertion was their, which I used to feel before. In the meantime the Chief Mechanic who went with me was explaining few things about the work done. Now I sat behind the steering wheels, and when I started the engine it was smoother than before, like how you breathe easy after you flush out your blocked nose. But yes the difference was felt instantly.

The car was breathing in much more better way. Before if I had to accelerate, it seems both car and me were exerting ourselves, but after this EGR Cleaning it was very smooth, very crisp throttle response. It was a pleasure to drive her. I was all smiling with the new performance. Went back to the WOS workshop and then paid my Bill. And then went home all happy and completely satisfied.

I would sincerely like to thank WOS for taking this Ultra Care of my car and specially when I never thought that the outcome will be so much better leaving my car behind (thanks to my old experience). Good Team work like yours always have a positive outcome, and yes the work done by you is marvelous. I am enjoying my car and yes would be coming soon to get the shocker change.

Thank You WOS
Shivanshu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 17:11   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
I was showed the Bill and briefly explained what all happened.
Possible for you to post details of the bill ?
Old 15th December 2015, 22:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Possible for you to post details of the bill ?
Hey Eddy, I am sorry the Bill would be in the file at home. But as per the work done and the quality of work I am completely satisfied with the price. The best part about WOS is that they already inform you the estimated price before commencing the work.
Then ofcourse it depends on the owner of the vehicle to go for it or not. The quality of the work is top notch here. Also the best part is that they do inform you if the amount of work quoted to you is climbing then only they will commence the work. So it is transparent, and yes the mechanics out their are very skillful and nice to speak to. I enjoy talking to them you get to learn a lot of things.
Old 16th December 2015, 11:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
it was concluded that the steering rack had to be changed as well as the front shock absorber mounts.
Seems pretty reasonably considering the work involved. My car most likely needs to get the steering rack and front shocks changed too. Any idea where do they source their parts from? I'm wary of the Taiwanese/Chinese parts most FNGs seem to use. Do they use genuine parts? I have a Fiat Palio.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Seems pretty reasonably considering the work involved. My car most likely needs to get the steering rack and front shocks changed too. Any idea where do they source their parts from? I'm wary of the Taiwanese/Chinese parts most FNGs seem to use. Do they use genuine parts? I have a Fiat Palio.
As far as i know, they have used only original spares. They inform you before hand if they would be using original or aftermarket. I have no idea where they procure it from. You can call Mr Anupam ( the owner ) and clear everything. He is a very courteous and helpful chap. And let me tell you that they have an expertise in Fiats.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 17:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Hey Eddy, I am sorry the Bill would be in the file at home.
Do you remember the high level breakup and the total bill ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks