Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 15:26   #286
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Well what makes me say that is because i am a part of the trade in delhi and i say this for delhi and delhi only as each proffessional or service provider or any entity doing business in their particular fields knows about what the comeptition is upto hence i say this with conviction about my knowledge of the delhi trading area only.

Everyone is entitled to assumptions and presumptions as its a democracy, however me on a personal level i choose to refrain from forming an opinion on something i dont have knowledge about for eg i wouldnt know the A of coding that a software engineer may do as i have zero knowledge on it.

Similarly its absolutely correct on anyones part to say that theres fuel left in the pipes and so on so forth, or that all private owners in delhi are cheating with machines , what i would request from such gurus is to kindly lay forth how its done or the procedure or logic behind this statement , or some credible proof or evidence of this happening in delhi.

The fail proof systems are the best in delhi its the seat of the govt and the capital hence what may or could happen in other parts of our glorious country cant happen here in delhi beacuse of the embarrasment it will cause to all involved.

Cheers
I have no intentions to say that all the private owners cheat. A dear friend who owns a fairly busy petrol pump in Delhi made me aware about the various measures they resort to for making that extra buck!

At times, its not about "how much money you make by being honest" but more about "is it enough to feed my greed".

OT - Just because Delhi is the capital doesn't mean that an income tax officer or a police constable will abstain himself from accepting bribes. Its just the same everywhere, only the means are different.
Old 27th December 2017, 16:08   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBa View Post
I have no intentions to say that all the private owners cheat. A dear friend who owns a fairly busy petrol pump in Delhi made me aware about the various measures they resort to for making that extra buck!

At times, its not about "how much money you make by being honest" but more about "is it enough to feed my greed".

OT - Just because Delhi is the capital doesn't mean that an income tax officer or a police constable will abstain himself from accepting bribes. Its just the same everywhere, only the means are different.

Well the dealers i know of dont resort to any quick buck making techniques and if your friend does so sorry to say so but i dont know what biryani hes cooking but in the interest of customers and the business fraternity at large i just hope and pray he gets caught the dealership terminated and neccesaary legal recourse like the dealers landing in jail in U.P happen . One bad apple in any line of work just ruins the entire fraternity.!

Takes ages to build a reputation and just one instance of some wise guy to throw it down the drain for all involved.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 00:46   #288
BHPian

Filled up a tankful of 99 Octane in the GT, while BHPian VSD got a tanful for his CLA45.

Its available at the Indian Oil pump next to Ashok Hotel, the T&D center for Indian Oil.
The fuel is mint quality and I highly recommend car owners with TC'D engines to use it for their cars.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 11:42   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Filled up a tankful of 99 Octane in the GT, while BHPian VSD got a tanful for his CLA45.

Its available at the Indian Oil pump next to Ashok Hotel, the T&D center for Indian Oil.
The fuel is mint quality and I highly recommend car owners with TC'D engines to use it for their cars.
I think you mean the HPCL bunk next to ashoka and not the indian oil . 99 octane is only available at Auto care centre niti marg the Hpcl outlet . First ever pan india.
Old 6th January 2018, 14:06   #290
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
I think you mean the HPCL bunk next to ashoka and not the indian oil . 99 octane is only available at Auto care centre niti marg the Hpcl outlet . First ever pan india.
Yes it's the HPCL pump at niti marg. Although it's the first in Delhi/NCR, pan India it was Bangalore that got it before anyone else.

The fuel is better & surprisingly cheaper than Speed 97. Throttle response is far better and the car now has louder pops and crackles too.

VSD
Old 6th January 2018, 15:13   #291
BHPian

As someone residing and working in Noida, I do not bother to head into Delhi for fuel. The pumps i trust are,

1) HP Petrol Pump, Greater Noida (Near Venice Mall)
2) BP Petrol Pump, Noida Sector 35 (Near Logix Mall)

Both of them are COCO and I have never faced any issues.
Old 7th January 2018, 01:18   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Oh yes yes, HPCL. My bad.

The fuel is really good though. Just got a full tank filled 2 hours back. Love the DSG response now.
Old 7th January 2018, 13:05   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Well the dealers i know of dont resort to any quick buck making techniques and if your friend does so sorry to say so but i dont know what biryani hes cooking but in the interest of customers and the business fraternity at large i just hope and pray he gets caught the dealership terminated and neccesaary legal recourse like the dealers landing in jail in U.P happen . One bad apple in any line of work just ruins the entire fraternity.!

Takes ages to build a reputation and just one instance of some wise guy to throw it down the drain for all involved.
In hindsight, I would agree with you completely. The guilty must be put to task. However, if it works the way you have mentioned here (just check the zero before filling), why do you think the bhpians find a difference in fuel being sold at the various pumps?
Old 7th January 2018, 14:52   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBa View Post
In hindsight, I would agree with you completely. The guilty must be put to task. However, if it works the way you have mentioned here (just check the zero before filling), why do you think the bhpians find a difference in fuel being sold at the various pumps?
Now thats a question that even i have raised with an official at the omc , this has happened with me in my own car with my own fuel
A couple of times i recieved an fe of 10.5 instead of the usual 11.5 approx in my safari , i was also perplexed my dispensers calibration is accurate density variation is appropriate heck i even fill the tank myself.! Still how did it happen , please pardon me i am no scientist well versed in the petroleum products but i put this question accross to the officer who comes with the mobile test lab to randonly check samples every month.

He said that no omc can gurantee the exact refining standards of a fuel batch and no 2 fuel batches that are refined are exact some mumbo jumbo on densities that went over my head pardon me ,also nowadays they are blending ethanol with petrol upto 10%, the omc on checking us or their sample only look for any possible adulteration and not the exact octane rating of the fuel.

Min required octane rating now is 91ron however out of my last 2 samples the first came out 91.3 and the second was 93.2 on the report , so i am as clueless as you are however this is what he told me
Dont know how true or how incorrect it is. Someone with a degree in petrochemichals may be able to shed more light on it.

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 16:05   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Yes it's the HPCL pump at niti marg. Although it's the first in Delhi/NCR, pan India it was Bangalore that got it before anyone else.

The fuel is better & surprisingly cheaper than Speed 97. Throttle response is far better and the car now has louder pops and crackles too.

VSD
How much is it per litre? I should check it out.
Old 7th January 2018, 16:19   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
88.90 per litre. And the staff is courteous too.
Old 7th January 2018, 18:42   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Cheaper then speed 97 and way better, got my ninja 1000 topped up today and she purred like a kitten
Old 8th January 2018, 10:40   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
88.90 per litre. And the staff is courteous too.
Quote:
Cheaper then speed 97 and way better, got my ninja 1000 topped up today and she purred like a kitten

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-img_0727.png
Yummy 99

Decided to drop in on the way back home, the Mini needs a minimum of 95RON. I have been using octane boosters usually and just had half tank empty. Will report long-term performance with this. Have asked some guys who run 99+ octane maps on their cars to try it out, the difference should quite apparent for them. Thanks a bunch guys.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 11:30   #299
BHPian

Just noticed last week that the IOC pump (next to HP COCO, adjacent to Ashoka hotel), has again become a COCO. Way back it was a COCO, then changed to dealership. However, since it was right next to the HP COCO, the sales were poor and I guess the dealer would have given it back to IOC for running as COCO.
Old 19th February 2018, 15:01   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
Just noticed last week that the IOC pump (next to HP COCO, adjacent to Ashoka hotel), has again become a COCO. Way back it was a COCO, then changed to dealership. However, since it was right next to the HP COCO, the sales were poor and I guess the dealer would have given it back to IOC for running as COCO.
Was never a dealership, was being run as an adhoc coco and still is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks