Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 15:20   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

Ram Service station, BPCL, Pagati Maidan - just before the left for Bhairon Marg (if you are approaching it from ITO.) I've been filling up there for over 10 years, never had an issue.
Old 18th August 2014, 13:02   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Both of the IOC CoCos sell 93 RON viz. Nehru Place, Jangpura in addition to IOC Panchsheel & Moti Bagh

It has a higher octane value/number, means it burns cleaner and provides more energy for the same quantity of fuel burned compared to the regular fuel. Leaves behind lesser residue hence lesser deposits in the injectors.
A few people have mentioned 93 Octane petrol from IOC, and I've myself been tempted a few times driving past the one on RTR. Any mid to long term usage experience in terms of fuel quality, engine responsiveness, mileage would be most helpful in deciding if it's worth the extra dough.
Memphis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 13:11   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
It was a COCO till about a year back isnt any longer. Now its dealer operated.
I've been filling from here for 3 years now and off late have definitely seen a drop in mileage for my Swift and Civic AT.
@B2BW the importance of your inputs on this thread cannot be over emphasised enough!
Have only stumbled onto this discussion because of the issue above. Will most certainly get my next top up from Angra - hope to see you there. Cheers!
Old 19th August 2014, 04:38   #199
BHPian

BE WARE:Credit card cloning at petrol pumps in the national Capital.

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/40351536.cms

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Next time you swipe your credit or debit card at a petrol pump, better watch out. Hackers are either taking up jobs in petrol pumps across the city or roping in attendants to clone cards by swiping them on a skimmer.

A skimmer is a device that fits over the card acceptance slot and steals the data stored on the card's magnetic stripe.

The crime branch recently busted such a gang with the arrest of three people. Police said Ashish (25), Rajesh Kumar (31) and Kamal (29) targeted over 100 customers.

Additional commissioner of police Ashok Chand said the accused used a key-shaped encoder or skimmer and swiped the customer's card on it. "The data was later retrieved with the help of a decoder and cloned cards were made. Money was withdrawn using these cloned cards," Chand said.

DCP (crime) Bhisham Singh said they were investigating one such case from Sarojini Nagar. A team led by ACP K P S Malhotra had received information that a gang would assemble near a petrol pump at Lodhi Road. "Inspector Kulbir Singh, SI Ritesh and others laid a trap and a white Honda City was intercepted. The trio was arrested," DCP Singh said.

One of the three arrested, Ashish, was operating from a Ring Road fuel station. More then 12 fuel stations are on police's radar and employees' antecedents are being verified as police suspect a bigger racket.

During interrogations, Ashish revealed he joined the petrol pump as an attendant in March and bought an encoder online. This machine had a magnetic strip reader which made a mirror image of the data available on the debit and credit cards.

The culprits obtained the customer's PIN number by asking him to repeatedly enter it, saying that the earlier transaction was cancelled. The accused would often wear caps to hide their faces from CCTVs. The money was usually withdrawn around midnight so that customers did not view SMS alerts even if the customers received an SMS alert, it would not be viewed immediately.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 10:09   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
BE WARE:Credit card cloning at petrol pumps in the national Capital.

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/40351536.cms
Scary indeed. I usually pay by my HDFC cc, but the machine never prompts for a PIN. It is a chip based card. I usually carry it myself till the terminal and keep a stern eye on it, tell the guy beforehand that it's a chip based card and not to swipe it like non-chip based cards.

Really discomforting news though, ATMs, Pumps, restaurants, shops - traps everywhere!
Old 26th August 2014, 16:45   #201
BHPian

I wanted to know the opinion about Essar pumps. One recently opened up near my complex in gurgaon and am tempted to fill up there.
Old 26th August 2014, 20:06   #202
BHPian

Have no experience with Essar. But where did this pump open in Gurgaon. Being from the same city it's good to know info
Old 27th August 2014, 00:08   #203
Senior - BHPian

Well honestly the benefit of the higher Octane fuel is lost on the small engines of my Swift (1.3 N.A.) and the Linea TJet (1.4L Variable Geometry turbocharged). On the other hand the Mitsubishi's 2.0 litre power plant (Naturally Aspirated) turns in to a different animal altogether. I think the 1.8L engine of the Civic should react in a similar fashion unless the Honda guys have tuned the ECU only for average. Talking of average the Cedia delivers a consistent ~10kmpl in city driving & on the highway goes to 12~13 kmpl. The RON rating does not make a difference to this vehicle's fuel consumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
A few people have mentioned 93 Octane petrol from IOC, and I've myself been tempted a few times driving past the one on RTR. Any mid to long term usage experience in terms of fuel quality, engine responsiveness, mileage would be most helpful in deciding if it's worth the extra dough.

I have filled up from Essar extensively in MH until they closed down one pump after the other. The pumps per se were not much to write about but the fuel was always clean even in rural parts of the state, intact I used to seek out these bunks over the PSU ones. I was also given to understand that their fuel had a minimum RON number of 91(which is a good thing). The only Essar pump I have seen thus far in the extended NCR area is somewhere between Manesar and Bhiwadi on the RHS of the highway when driving away from Dilli. Would like to try this new one once you post the location details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
I wanted to know the opinion about Essar pumps. One recently opened up near my complex in gurgaon and am tempted to fill up there.
Old 27th August 2014, 11:39   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I have filled up from Essar extensively in MH until they closed down one pump after the other. The pumps per se were not much to write about but the fuel was always clean even in rural parts of the state, intact I used to seek out these bunks over the PSU ones. I was also given to understand that their fuel had a minimum RON number of 91(which is a good thing). The only Essar pump I have seen thus far in the extended NCR area is somewhere between Manesar and Bhiwadi on the RHS of the highway when driving away from Dilli. Would like to try this new one once you post the location details.
So would you recommend filling up there?

The pump is located in Sector 57 gurgaon, next to Boom Plaza. Boom plaza is listed in google maps. also posting the screenshot from google maps for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-essar.jpg  

Old 15th September 2014, 19:50   #205
BHPian

What exactly is a trusted pump? If one looks at the posts, so many pumps are on the list. Some members feel that A and B pumps are trusted while others feel that C and D ones are and so on. Now the first group of members suspect C and D pumps while the second group suspects pumps A and B. It seems like it is individual perception as some pumps are liked by one but suspected by another.

I feel that in a large city like Delhi, most pumps should be fine as if they engaged in malpractices, it would have surfaced due to the sheer number of patrons.
Old 1st October 2014, 13:56   #206
BHPian

There is a new ESSAR fuel bunk that has opened near Sector 51/57 Gurgaon. It's right next to Boom Plaza.

I just wanted to enquire if anyone has any reviews/views on them? It's very close to home so I have fueled up from them twice, no hassles. The cost is also the same (I think) as HP/IOC/BP.
Old 1st October 2014, 14:58   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
There is a new ESSAR fuel bunk that has opened near Sector 51/57 Gurgaon. It's right next to Boom Plaza.

I just wanted to enquire if anyone has any reviews/views on them? It's very close to home so I have fueled up from them twice, no hassles. The cost is also the same (I think) as HP/IOC/BP.
I had the same query about this pump. I have also filled up at this pump a few times. No problem per se, but I would not really know. thats why i sought the opinion of other people.

btw, which complex are you in?
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 19:04   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
I had the same query about this pump. I have also filled up at this pump a few times. No problem per se, but I would not really know. thats why i sought the opinion of other people.

btw, which complex are you in?
Crazy how I did not see your post above before I posted my query. Maybe I missed scrolling to the last page.

Anyway, the bunk is a big help since it's 24 hours and then it's closest to home. I would still like to know if ESSAR fuel quality is OK.

Check your PM.
Old 10th December 2014, 20:06   #209
BHPian

Based on all the posts in this thread, is there any list of these trusted pertol pumps available? If not, I'd be a good idea to make one.
Old 16th December 2014, 10:17   #210
BHPian

I have filled up a tankfull, a few times from Taneja Service Center in Ghazipur, NH24. I have filled up in summer, rains, autumn, in spring and in winter and tyres properly inflated subsequently.

Each time, I have noticed a definite drop in the mileage. At least by 8-10%. When I go back to the usual pump, or for that matter, some UP pumps when I don't have the time to travel to Delhi, the mileage shoots up again. ECU moody? No, I think. When I switch between my usual and some other pumps, it stays more or less same.

Has anyone felt the same way about this pump? They are VERY good on the quantity though, and never tried to pull a fast one, ever. There is a big crowd too, mostly UP registered as it is the last DL registered pump along the NH24 before you enter cycle raaj !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks