Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 14:33   #211
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

In Gurgaon, and on NH-8, towards Jaipur and Dharuhera to Alwar, there are really really good pumps, if you need.

Benefits: 1. The quality and quantity is perfect.
2. If you are driving towards Jaipur, get your petrol/diesel tanks filled up at Bilaspur BP COCO, bang opposite Hotel Park Inn. There is a price difference of about 29 paise per litre of diesel, and about 32 paise a litre on petrol. THe price is lesser by the above stated amounts when compared to Gurgaon.

The petrol pumps I would like to highlight are:

1. BP Petrol pump near red light of Sector 38/46/47 (Sapru)
2. HP Petrol Pump, newly opened at Sector 48 crossing towards Hero Honda Chowk,
3. Indian Oil Petrol Pump (COCO) opposite NSG on NH-8,
4. BP petrol pump (COCO) opposite Park Inn at Bilaspur.
5. BP Petrol Pump (Dharuhera Filling Station) on Dharuhera-Bhiwadi By-pass.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 17:43   #212
BHPian

I can finally post on this hallowed thread! (yipee)

My two cents.

Trusted
1. Batra Petrol Pump, Humayun Road complete quality and quantity assurance, fill towards early morning and late evening, especially since its open till 11.30 PM. Forecourt supervisor is a gem of a person named Ravi in the evening. In the morning hours, you'll find a multitude of Pillai's (GK, NK, and there is another whiskered chappie on the diesel side with the name Pillai),

However note-they have a CNG filling station, so if you notice a huge line, and don't require CNG, creep forward and you'll see the dedicated lane separating non-cng traffic. Also a well calibrated air machine-ask for Jagdish to help you out.

2. COCO-Green Park, this is on the Uphaar Cinema Side, and if you are driving from Hauz Khas to AIIMS its on the left in the service lane, before the dreaded Green Park Red Light. Also seems to employ an all female staff, kudos to them for inclusive policies.
Note-watch out for "saar, buy etching and sketching and all the jazz" drivel from a fellow who roams around there.

3. Safdarjang (Also a Hyundai Authorised Service Station)- Safdarjang Road (prithviraj tughlaq road intersection) smack bang in the heart of lutyens-host of sarkari gaadi's fill up here. Good friendly service slightly cramped, my last option behind No. 1 and 2 above.

Angra on Vinay Marg, (near prachin mandir)-I've heard many great things about this pump and it seems the owner is also a member of TBHP. Never been there, but heard good things.

Not-Trusted
1. Image in Mayur Vihar, (shudder) if he sells petrol, then i'm the king of England!

2. Jeevan-Q Point opposite Taj Mansingh access on Mansingh and Shahjahan Road, extremely dodgy pump for quantity, there is something wrong with his meters, never get more than 11 KMPL (a deviation of 6kmpl) on my Alto after a fill up there.

3. All the Petrol Pumps on the Mathura Road opposite NFC. Right from Jasola to Ashram.
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 07:32   #213
BHPian

Had horrible experience at the Moolchand Motors Pump, next to Basant Lok (PVR Priya) yesterday night.

The attendant first refused to put the nozzle on auto-cut mode which led to spillover of decent quantity of petrol and then in turn went on to blame Nano for not being auto-cut compatible

The result? I think I ended up filling/paying for at least a liter more than with auto-cut. More than the money, its the lack of logic that is more frustrating.

Pandey was the name of the attendant.

My experience with this pump has otherwise been eventless.
Old 13th February 2015, 20:01   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
What about petrol pumps in Dwarka ?
Folks: any update or views on this one? I have been using the one opppsite Dwarka District Court and I get the feeling that the quantity is genuine. Any views? Or guidance about any other pump in Dwarka? I usually tank up once a week. Thanks!
Old 13th February 2015, 23:16   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
...Moolchand Motors Pump, next to Basant Lok (PVR Priya)...
That's a pretty lousy pump as far as fuel quality goes.
Old 13th February 2015, 23:34   #216
BHPian

Has anyone mentioned the erstwhile HP COCO pump behind Ashoka Hotel? It is on Nyaya Marg. Has been around since the 1960s, as per my grandfather. Quality is perfect, quantity is perfect. They have a convenience store, nitrogen, and a really good tyre puncher guy. Is open till about 12 in the night.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 01:28   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Folks: any update or views on this one? I have been using the one opppsite Dwarka District Court and I get the feeling that the quantity is genuine. Any views? Or guidance about any other pump in Dwarka? I usually tank up once a week. Thanks!

I use the same one and feel that's one of the better ones in the area. Another good one is in sector 11/12 where they have the in & out store. That seems pretty genuine too.
Old 14th February 2015, 09:11   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Has anyone mentioned the erstwhile HP COCO pump behind Ashoka Hotel? It is on Nyaya Marg. --------snip--------.
Do you mean vinay marg, in front of Nehru park?
Old 15th February 2015, 02:04   #219
Senior - BHPian

I believe he meant the one 'next/ alongside' to The Ashok hotel's entry gate and not 'behind' the hotel.

The one that you mention is the 'Angra' fuel centre, privately owned by a fellow member and the one mentioned above is COCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 23:10   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Nope, it is next to the rear entrance of the Ashoka.

I'd just like to reiterate that this is really one of the best fuel pumps around. The manager is a very attentive guy, and ensures that everything is kept ship shape. Like today, I wanted to get nitrogen filled, and their tanker had just arrived and was ready to decant. It was parked in front of the nitrogen filling point, but he got the truck moved and delayed the decanting to ensure that I did not have to come back later. Mind you, I am not regular enough here for him to recognise me. I only visit about once a month for a full tank.
Old 10th May 2015, 12:42   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Nope, it is next to the rear entrance of the Ashoka.
I've tried nearly every one of the pumps mentioned in this thread over the last 4 years in Delhi. My Civic AT is particularly sensitive to sub par quality fuel. While a lot of mentions have been made on quantity, my number one priority is quality (measured on basis of mileage, throttle response, etc). On this parameter, this HP COCO pump is my number one choice in Delhi NCR.

I think in terms of quantity one just needs to be attentive. Very often a lack of attention can lead to a disaster. A brand new petrol City was filled to the brim with diesel right in front of me at the very same pump due to poor communication.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th May 2015 at 13:07. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 10th May 2015, 13:04   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I don't trust that petrol pump. I've had lower mileage but then I haven't refilled there for over about 2 years.

I frequent the BP pump in sector 11/sector 12. Good quality, not that crowded and good enough space to accommodate the air lines. got a puncture guy right outside just in case you have a flat.

The one I absolutely don't go to is the sector 1 pump. Shady is an understatement.
Old 10th May 2015, 13:10   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
I don't trust that petrol pump. I've had lower mileage but then I haven't refilled there for over about 2 years.

I frequent the BP pump in sector 11/sector 12. Good quality, not that crowded and good enough space to accommodate the air lines. got a puncture guy right outside just in case you have a flat.

The one I absolutely don't go to is the sector 1 pump. Shady is an understatement.
I use the one opposite the District Court (sector 10) and its been an okayish experience. I normally frequent between this (district court) and the one near Indraprastha School (sector 10) HP pump. Both I find satisfactory.
Old 11th May 2015, 14:13   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
I've tried nearly every one of the pumps mentioned in this thread over the last 4 years in Delhi. My Civic AT is particularly sensitive to sub par quality fuel. While a lot of mentions have been made on quantity, my number one priority is quality (measured on basis of mileage, throttle response, etc). On this parameter, this HP COCO pump is my number one choice in Delhi NCR.

I think in terms of quantity one just needs to be attentive. Very often a lack of attention can lead to a disaster. A brand new petrol City was filled to the brim with diesel right in front of me at the very same pump due to poor communication.
I have the same trouble with my E220 and 300E. I tend to fill these two cars from there, even though the pump is about 12 km away from me. It doesn't matter much, because a full tank lasts me 2 months or so.

I don't like to say this, but the women who work at the pump aren't too great. They chatter away and don't pay too much attention. However, it is the onus of the owner of the vehicle to ensure that the correct fuel is put in.
Old 11th May 2015, 20:36   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So far I have tried these pumps. Most of the time fill up at 100 Percent (5) only.

Name:  pumpsdwk.png
Views: 2518
Size:  464.3 KB

1 - BP: Frequented by most cabbies, I have personally used it very less but no reason to complain. Most of the time though wait times put me off.

2 - IOCL, Sushant filling station: Avoid. I have used it a few times and got lower than expected FE on each instance - either adulterated fuel or machines are rigged to dispense a lower quantity. Also attendants seem reluctant to put the machine on auto-cutoff

3 - BP: Filled up only once or twice, nothing to complain about. Has an attached In & Out outlet as well. Only trouble is the entry exit points are congested due to haphazard parking.

4 - IOCL: Used once or twice, same experience as (2). Best avoided.

5 - IOCL, 100percent: Mostly use this one since moving here (2004). No reasons to complain. Genuine quality/quantity. Had requested a quantity check once and they did it without any tantrums.

6 - IOCL: Used very less. Seems rather empty any time of the day - entry/exit is through a service lane which remains chaotic mostly due to the CNG filling stations beside it.

7 - IOCL: Never used, few of my friends are regulars here and are happy with the quality/quantity.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 11th May 2015 at 20:37.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks