Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 08:40   #61
BHPian

Re: DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Another S-Cross owner Rakesh's (From Pune) case is the worst where the high beam signal has been tapped from the fuse box in engine compartment. It's a fragile connection. The S-Cross has a separate fuse for low and high beam. The installer removed the high beam fuse, plugged in the wire and inserted the fuse back in. Anyone with common sense will know how long this connection may last and it will NEVER make the fuse box water tight with the wire coming out. Really bad!
What should be the right way to tap the high beam signal?
Old 27th December 2017, 08:49   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
What should be the right way to tap the high beam signal?
I've tapped the high beam from battery. I need to tap it from fuse box using a tap and will do so in a few days.

My wiring is detailed in this post. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4192362
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 09:13   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I've tapped the high beam from battery. I need to tap it from fuse box using a tap and will do so in a few days.
Thanks. I think the high beam signal should be tapped from the fuse box in the engine compartment using a fuse tap.

Will this be waterproof?
Will this be safe?
Old 27th December 2017, 11:57   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Can you post a pic of what you plan to do? A pic from the internet would do.

Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 12:06   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Can you post a pic of what you plan to do? A pic from the internet would do.

Thanks
The main requirement for high beam to work in Micro XP Fogs is just 12V input for the solenoid to raise the flap. So we can very well tap that power from the fuse box itself. If you read the post just above the post I've referred to in my ownership review, you'll see I've taken power for a 12V socket using a fuse tap. Same can be applied here also.
Old 19th April 2018, 18:29   #66
BHPian

I was wondering If I could do a similar setup on my Ecosport. Which of the following products will work best :

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...rchText=IPHCAR

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...ceBeautifyAB=0

Now assuming I don't go for a highbeam switch, the installation would be a direct fit to H11 connector, right ? Help
Old 19th April 2018, 19:19   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I was wondering If I could do a similar setup on my Ecosport.

Now assuming I don't go for a highbeam switch, the installation would be a direct fit to H11 connector, right ?
Very much possible.

I have just ordered the following item for my friends EcoSport.

iPHCAR 35W Bi-xenon projector

Model ordered: M612

For only a Low Beam setup, you'll just need to plug in the H11 connector of the fog lamp into the ballast connector. You can leave the solenoid wires as it is since you don't want high beam.
Old 13th June 2018, 23:06   #68
BHPian

How will the H11 Led fare in these projectors? Has anyone tried them?
Old 20th January 2020, 21:18   #69
BHPian

How to align the projectors? Today I fitted in our Swift zxi+. This is the output with both in low beam. I want to elevate the fog projector little bit. Please comment.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY Install: 3" XP Micro Bi-Xenon Foglight Projectors on my Swift-20200120_192613.jpg  

Old 20th January 2020, 21:28   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
How to align the projectors? Today I fitted in our Swift zxi+. This is the output with both in low beam. I want to elevate the fog projector a little bit. Please comment.
Can you post an image of how the projectors are mounted (especially the side screws)?!

Also please post an image with the light output on clear wall at a 25 feet distance comparing images with ONLY fog lamps and headlight low beam + fog low beam.

That should help in knowing how much the fog light beams must be raised or lowered.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 21:35   #71
BHPian

a4anurag Sir, I got them installed in the MASS. He aligned the light by tightening and loosening the four mounting screws. Tomorrow I will post the image as you have mentioned Sir. Is this the process to align?

Last edited by indrasis_gun : 20th January 2020 at 21:38.
Old 21st January 2020, 09:58   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How to align the projectors? Today I fitted in our Swift zxi+. This is the output with both in low beam. I want to elevate the fog projector little bit. Please comment.
Quote:
a4anurag Sir, I got them installed in the MASS. He aligned the light by tightening and loosening the four mounting screws. Tomorrow I will post the image as you have mentioned Sir. Is this the process to align?
That's quite a neat job. MASS folks are quite good in this aspect - helping people install what they want in their cars & not just following their service schedules and books.

As for the beam - I think he has aligned them very well. This is how the fog light cutoff should be. Point it even a bit upwards & net result will be a beam going directly into the eyes of oncoming drivers. Since they are mounted very low, upward pointing beam has a high incline even with marginal change.

If you insist on still moving it upwards - the way the mounting & bumper design is - there is no proper way to "adjust" the beam of these projectors. Insert a washer between the clamp & bumper around the mounting screw in the top side 2 screws on each side. That will throw the beam upwards. Increase the number of washers & the beam will go that much more upwards.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 20:44   #73
BHPian

Check this video on YouTube. He has installed HID fog lights, with remote controlled high/low beam function.
Drbhavesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 21:38   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbhavesh View Post
Check this video on YouTube. He has installed HID fog lights, with remote controlled high/low beam function.
Interesting! I have done a BT relay operated setup for the HID fog lights in my Nexon as a DIY, to switch them ON/OFF via my mobile phone instead of a manual switch in the dash (aesthetically poor) and a hole in the firewall grommet. (Although projector high-beam solenoid is directly tapped into head lamp high beam and works together with it.)

I had documented it here for all, including the HEX codes for operating the BT relay using a free mobile app. -

Link to my thread (Tata Nexon DIY: HID Bi-Xenon projector foglamps installation)

(Sorry for hijacking the thread!)

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st April 2020 at 21:41.
Old 21st April 2020, 22:28   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Interesting! I have done a BT relay operated setup for the HID fog lights in my Nexon as a DIY, to switch them ON/OFF via my mobile phone instead of a manual switch in the dash (aesthetically poor) and a hole in the firewall grommet.
Now that's even more interesting

In my city Surat, I am not able to find a shop who can do such neat and clean job. So, I am planning to do my projector installation a DIY. Is there any thread/video/theory where I can learn wiring?. I want to learn both fog light and headlight wiring. I have been going through this forum and internet, and so far I have reached where I join ballast to stock fog light wire because it's just coupler to coupler . Connecting the high/low shutter wire is the tricky job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks