Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2023, 19:08   #181
BHPian

Re: Electric Cars...through the eyes of a diehard petrol-head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
Although i cannot say about automotive batteries, SoH for Li-ion batteries is upto 40% over 4 years in industrial applications (byd etc). Warranty offered is for 8/ 10 years but the usable range might drop considerably after initial years. This does cause range anxiety more than battery going dead altogether.
This concern is the reason I updated my Model 3 ownership thread after 5 years. I bought it with max range of 303 miles, it now has 290. I never ever charge 100%, I only charge to 80%. Never had range anxiety even with this.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 11:42   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Was in an auto yesterday, stuck in a jam. Surrounded by other autos and a couple of buses. Fortunately most public transport in this city I am visiting was running on CNG, otherwise the fumes would have been awful! At this point, the private transport vehicles are polluting more than the public transport vehicles!

Even if the argument is that EVs will pollute more overall (battery disposal, source of electricity being coal-powered plants, rare earth mining, just move the source of pollution, etc. etc.) for me the move can't come soon enough! At least the pollution in our cities for commuters will reduce. And I'm sure it will be easier to find large-scale solutions to the EV-manufacturing related pollution issues than it will be to control it at each individual vehicle level.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 07:26   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

According to a new report, Toyota Motor Chairman Akio Toyoda, asked about electric-vehicle challenges including a recent lull in U.S. demand, said the industry was coming to recognize that there isn’t a single answer to reducing carbon emissions.

“People are finally seeing reality," Toyoda said Wednesday 25.10.23, speaking in his capacity as the head of the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association.

Akio Toyoda’s comments come amid cooling U.S. demand and a price war with China.

The link:-

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/17172...l4bVnn32Q&s=09

EVs are "clean energy" prodigies in a brilliant disguise. The brilliant disguise is, though unveiling after more than a decade, as its prodigy is a NOT SO CLEAN creation that will make people go gaga over its CLEAN veil.
Old 26th October 2023, 08:30   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
“People are finally seeing reality," Toyoda said Wednesday 25.10.23, speaking in his capacity as the head of the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association.
The problem has nothing to do with charging or self-realisation about harm to the environment in the production of EV's. It's all about the price one has to pay.

When most homes live on week-to-week earnings or even daily, one will like to go with the cheapest to buy. Not everyone does 100-200 Km daily, so, not many are concerned with savings on fuel, especially if there is no charging infrastructure at home. Buying an EV at a higher price becomes a big hurdle. Current ROI in North America and elsewhere are not helping either. You pay much more in EMI on an EV vs ICE.

I was looking for a car for my wife in Toronto, and though the Tesla- Model 3 or Y comes top on our list, due to affordability issues, we are considering cheaper alternatives like the Mazda-3.

Toyota is simply behind and they should take this period of high Interest as a godsend instead of putting money into hybrids.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 09:07   #185
BHPian

A decent discussion on the business side of EV business.
Not much automotive discussion. But i liked the discussion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks