Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2023, 10:51   #451
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
I finally got the car today. Silver MG ZS EV Exclusive. Made the booking in May and finally got it. Couple of questions:
Congratulations and wish you many kms of safe and happy driving.

1. That call MG button on the steering wheel was designed by a complete moron in my opinion. We've had the car for about 4 months and we keep pressing the button by accident due its truly unfortunate placement. As far as I know there is nothing we can do besides training ourselves to not press it. December has been a lot better, I only pressed it once by mistake

Regarding changing the temperature try using the voice button (without pressing the call MG button by accident ) and simply say, "Set temperature to 24." or "Lower temperature.". It works like a charm and Android Auto stays on the screen.

3. Do you listen to music in the car? For me the volume of the indicators aren't too loud if music is playing. We are being spoiled by EVs, it is so eerily quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4839 View Post
I brought home the "Red Dragon" on the 28th of Nov. It was a roller coaster ride before and after the delivery. I explored almost all the options in the 15 lakhs to 40 lakhs price range (my budget was 25 Lakhs).
Congratulations and wish you happy and safe driving. We visited Hyderabad last week in the ZS EV and really enjoyed our drive.

I think you have made a good choice, while the alternative cars you listed are good in their own right, the ZS EV is incredible. I considered buying the Skoda / VW 1.5 DSG as well. However I had a bad experience with the DSG in my 2016 Vento tsi so stayed away from it.

Please do update us about your driving experiences especially the one to Nagpur. You can read about our Hyderabad trip (BHPians experience on EV Charging Stations across India (especially non-metros)) if you are interested.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th January 2023 at 20:00. Reason: Quotes trimmed.
Chrome6Boy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:10   #452

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies, inconveniences mobile users. Thanks.

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
=====
Finally, I brought the "Red Dragon" home on the 28th of November 2022 and we’ve had memorable drives thus far. I loved the colour and the build quality of the car. I will write another post about the adventures on those drives depending on the traction of this post.
Congratulations and I believe its right decision at the end. Driving EV is a pleasure...

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th January 2023 at 11:19.
Rajala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 12:09   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey220 View Post
2. Headlights had 'SAIC' written on the unit, but the newer ones have 'MG'. I'm assuming now the headlights are borrowed from the Astor since both share some components.
I took delivery of my Astor in Nov21 and it has the 'SAIC Light technology' written on the headlight unit.
May be they updated this in the later lots.
Old 5th January 2023, 12:51   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

I was in MG showroom yesterday on Outer Ring Road, and they told me they have ready availabilty of the car in few colors in Exclusive Variant. In case some one is looking to buy they can reach out to them.
Old 5th January 2023, 15:51   #455
BHPian

MG has updated the prices for the ZS EV on its website and brochure. The new prices are:

1. MG ZS EV Exclusive (Dark Grey): Rs 26,89,800
2. MG ZS EV Exclusive (Ivory): Rs 26,99,800
3. MG ZS EV Excite: Rs 22,98,000.

Here is the updated brochure link
shyampsunder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 15:56   #456
BHPian

I booked ZS EV Excite in mid-Dec and the car is ready for delivery. Did the PDI and all looked fine. Will be bringing her home early next week. From what I understood, Exclusive variant is available (limited stock though) in almost all colours. They also have a few Excite in white but in much more limited numbers.
~sm
serious_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 19:08   #457
BHPian

Quote:
MG has updated the prices for the ZS EV on its website and brochure. The new prices are:

Here is the updated brochure link
I feel its a kind of steep increase and every rupee up from the current level takes this vehicle into the BYD Atto territory and with the bigger battery, things start looking different. God Speed
Old 5th January 2023, 19:22   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Congratulations and wish you many kms of safe and happy driving.

Congratulations and wish you happy and safe driving. We visited Hyderabad last week in the ZS EV and really enjoyed our drive.

I think you have made a good choice, while the alternative cars you listed are good in their own right, the ZS EV is incredible. I considered buying the Skoda / VW 1.5 DSG as well. However I had a bad experience with the DSG in my 2016 Vento tsi so stayed away from it.

Please do update us about your driving experiences especially the one to Nagpur. You can read about our Hyderabad trip (BHPians experience on EV Charging Stations across India (especially non-metros)) if you are interested.
Thank you! I will read the thread, it was quite an adventure, will write a detailed post about it. But I think most of it was due to the fact that I was newbie in the EV World, I had to go on the trip on the second day of driving the car and with no experience of driving or charging an EV.
Old 5th January 2023, 22:07   #459
BHPian

Quote:

I saw the Ivory interiors in person and to be honest, it doesn't look worth paying the extra 10k.
shrey220 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 22:51   #460
BHPian

Quote:
I hesitantly agreed as all the talk pointed to Atto 3 being priced above 32 lakhs (on road).
On 14th November, the pricing of Atto 3 was announced and sadly, at 36 Lakhs it was out of my budget.
I remember your queries and excitement on the Atto3 thread man, I too was closely following the Atto3 release.. The pricing is truly disappointing for a lot of us folks. Killed the excitement entirely
Quote:
Finally, I brought the "Red Dragon" home on the 28th of November 2022 and we’ve had memorable drives thus far. I loved the colour and the build quality of the car. I will write another post about the adventures on those drives depending on the traction of this post.
Oh well, All's well that ends well. Congrats on your sweet ride. Waiting to read about your Nagpur ride with the ZS EV.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th January 2023 at 19:58. Reason: Quotes trimmed.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 15:48   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I brought the "Red Dragon" home on the 28th of November 2022 and we’ve had memorable drives thus far.
Congratulations!! Wish you many more happy miles .

Last edited by aah78 : 6th January 2023 at 19:57. Reason: Spacing.
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 16:54   #462
BHPian

Recently did my first long trip from Mangalore to Trivandrum. Started with 84 % SoC from Mangalore and reached Kozhikode after 9.5 hours (you heard it right) with 0% SoC.
Reached MG Kozhikode with 0% SoC and to our "luck", the charger was under repair. Got the shock of my life. Near by charger was around 4 kms away at Pavanad. Decided to move forward and the vehicle reached there. It was a 60 kw KSEB Tirex charger. Topped up to 91% in 40 minutes and left Kozhikode. By morning 5:00 am reached KSEB Tirex Charger at Vytila, Kochi. Topped up to around 85% in 40 minutes and finally reached Trivandrum at 11.30 am. A journey of around 640 kms in 19 hours. Thanks to the NH Widening work, Christmas rush and Sabarimala pilgrimage.

Return journey took 22 hours!!!!!. But ride was super comfortable. Even after driving continuously for 19 hours/22 hours I was not that much tired.

KSEB Chargers are really good(especially Tirex). On return journey I used KSEB Delta Charger at Vydyuthi Bhavan, Thrissur (120 KW Delta) and Tirex 60 KW at Valappatanam, Kannur.

Charging cost per Kwh was Rs 13 plus GST.
das_ren_auto is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 19:49   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
Oh well, All's well that ends well. Congrats on your sweet ride. Waiting to read about your Nagpur ride with the ZS EV.
Thank you Bud!! I was almost certain that I getting an Atto 3 home! , but like you said All's well that ends well.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th January 2023 at 19:57. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 6th January 2023, 21:41   #464
BHPian

Quote:

2. Any option to reduce the volume of the turn indicators? Quite loud for me. Again seems to be an option abroad.
Figured out a solution. In the sound settings, found an option to lower the volume of system sounds. This has reduced the volume of the turn indicators. As a bonus, it has lowered the sound of 80 KMPH alert as well
shyampsunder is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 00:37   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Figured out a solution. In the sound settings, found an option to lower the volume of system sounds.
Awesome. Am going to try this out tomorrow. Thank you. Phew.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks