Team-BHP - The Official non-auto Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Official non-auto Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/4477-official-non-auto-image-thread-1001.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqueguru (Post 2928946)
@groom
Thanks.
Here's the Exif for that shot:
Camera NIKON D800
Lens 20mm f 2.8 Manual
Focal Length 20mm
Shutter Speed 10 sec
Aperture f/22
ISO/Film 50

Amazing!!, i was expecting that you compensated exposure, otherwise it is very easy to overexpose the water. Thats the kamaal of D800 and the lens.

Drool worthy equipment you have TG!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqueguru (Post 2928946)
Another one of the sun just peeping through the canopies.
Regards,
TG.

Just last week i saw a similar HDR on 500PX celebrating high pulse. But yours is better at the sunlight because the other one had chromatic aberration around the sun.

Nice to see your pictures!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by groom (Post 2929140)
Just last week i saw a similar HDR on 500PX celebrating high pulse. But yours is better at the sunlight because the other one had chromatic aberration around the sun.

It might have been purple fringe around the sun.

An HDR from 2 clicks
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc08908_9_tonemapped.jpg

“LOVE? It's like a cigarette. You get addicted fast, but it slowly and painfully kills you from the inside out.”

The Official non-auto Image thread-247684_418920831504017_47329437_n.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by groom (Post 2929140)
Amazing!!, i was expecting that you compensated exposure, otherwise it is very easy to overexpose the water. Thats the kamaal of D800 and the lens.

Drool worthy equipment you have TG!!

Thanks buddy. The funny thing is, mine is not an hdr. It's a single exposure at these settings:
Camera NIKON D800
Lens 20mm f 2.8 Manual Focus
Focal Length 20mm
Shutter Speed 1/30 sec
Aperture f/f/22
ISO/Film 100

So the reason that you dont see the typical HDR's abberated, ripped apart look is because its not an HDR image!

A view of downtown Seattle
The Official non-auto Image thread-8077814407_15bb8578c0_h.jpg
Regards,
TG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqueguru (Post 2930200)
Thanks buddy. The funny thing is, mine is not an hdr. It's a single exposure at these settings:
Camera NIKON D800
Lens 20mm f 2.8 Manual Focus
Focal Length 20mm
Shutter Speed 1/30 sec
Aperture f/f/22
ISO/Film 100

The D800 has a dynamic range that's wide enough to get that shadow and highlight detail. So the reason that you dont see the typical HDR's abberated, ripped apart look is because its not an HDR image!

Attachment 999311
Regards,
TG.

TG - wow... that is beautiful picture. May I know the lens please?

Here is a picture of San Francisco Yacht Club -

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc_48641.jpg

Thanks,
Jose

Quote:

Thanks buddy. The funny thing is, mine is not an hdr.
So the reason that you dont see the typical HDR's abberated, ripped apart look is because its not an HDR image!

Let me put my thoughts about this twist.

I thought you initialy said this was at ISO50, in either case (50 or 100) - at ISO50 D800's dynamic range is 11.4EV, which is highest any camera can ever get to. And unbeatable. Which is clearly clearly visible in your image. Hence you actually don't need to shoot in multiple stops and merge. You get a natural HDR image at lower ISO's.

Source:
http://home.comcast.net/~NikonD70/Ch...-D%20E-M5,D800

If tone mapping is done sanely, the HDR image will not get abberated. Processed HDR images are not usually sane!! :)

I am still in process of trying one night HDR. Will get a good location soon and post something. Happy shooting!!

@groom
I hear you. I am less of a technician and more of an artist though, hence my thoughts :)
Looking forward to your night HDR!

@Jose
Thanks! it's off the Nikon 20mm f 2.8.

Freeways leading to the cityscape
The Official non-auto Image thread-8080254554_475a65bf7f_h.jpg
Regards,
TG.

Quote:

Amazing shot. Great clarity in the picture and the location too. I cant imagine such a shot in an Indian city like say Delhi for instance, which is always dusty, hazy and polluted by smog.

But wonderful photo though of a great scene. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqueguru (Post 2931192)
@groom
I hear you. I am less of a technician and more of an artist though, hence my thoughts :)
Looking forward to your night HDR!

@Jose
Thanks! it's off the Nikon 20mm f 2.8.

Freeways leading to the cityscape
Attachment 999681
Regards,
TG.

Fantastic shot. I believe you shot it with the aperture really closed down. The bokeh like artifacts seems to be dust/dirt on the lens's glass elements right?

@clevermax
Yes exactly. I liked the aesthetics it brought into the shot and made it a lil different from regular city shots, so i purposely kept it as well. I think too much of working on the Halo series has made me a Sci-Fi whore. :D

@Vibbs
Thank you

Regards,
TG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqueguru (Post 2931192)
Freeways leading to the cityscape...

One of the best from your desk :thumbs up

This week was pretty busy for me, dealing with beautiful people is really satisfying :)
Name:  005.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  390.5 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqueguru (Post 2931314)
@clevermax
Yes exactly. I liked the aesthetics it brought into the shot and made it a lil different from regular city shots, so i purposely kept it as well. I think too much of working on the Halo series has made me a Sci-Fi whore. :D
@Vibbs
Thank you
Regards,
TG.

Gotcha! :) I like that effect too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 2931693)
One of the best from your desk :thumbs up
This week was pretty busy for me, dealing with beautiful people is really satisfying :)
Attachment 999984

Romance is in the thread :)

I was surprised by this result when I shot the stars with aperture wide open. Thousands of them in the field of view of a 50mm on a croppped sensor! Only those brightest few were visible to naked eye!

Camera: Sony A35, Lens: Minolta 50mm f/1.7
Exif: 5 seconds x 6 times (Multi-frame NR mode), f/1.7, ISO1600, 50mm

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc09140.jpg

EDIT: The compression introduced a lot of artifacts! A cleaner version here.

Colours around Bangalore

The Official non-auto Image thread-img_5915a3.jpg

Cityscape reflection taken near lake beside palm beach road in Nerul

I present you, Mr. Wasp
Minolta 70-210mm f/4 lens + DCR 250.

The Official non-auto Image thread-untitled_pa.jpg