Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 14:41   #61
BHPian

Re: Best LCD monitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am in the market for LCD/LED monitors. Could you please suggest some good brand/models/shops? My budget is around 6K.
Currently using Acer S201HL which is 20" LED monitor. Very good contrast ratios and very slim in size. Retails around 7k. Bought mine from Croma.
Old 30th December 2010, 15:56   #62
BHPian

I am looking at a 32in monitor for PC + TV usage (with a remote & inbuilt tuner) with good response times for gaming. Any suggestions? (within 20-25k range).
Old 14th March 2011, 20:28   #63
BANNED

Got an LED monitor 2 hours back. My decade old 15in LG was getting too much a strain on the eyes. Another 17in LG monitor gave up after 3 years of use couple of years back.

None of the known brands was available at the shop - except for Dell, and that was out of stock. They had only AOC and viewsonic. Decided to go with AOC 20 inch one at 6.2 K.

They were quoting around 8.5K for Dell 22/23 inch (not sure which - it beyond my budget).

The only other LCD monitor I have access to is 18.5 in Acer one at my office, which is however not yet fully functional - typical delays in getting the wiring done!!!! So, a comparo will have to wait.
Old 16th April 2011, 11:24   #64
BHPian

Re: Best LCD monitor with TV?

Hi

I am looking at buying a Monitor that can double up as a second TV.

These are the two options that i found on deltapage.com.

Samsung LCD TV 23" P2370MS Rs12900
Multi Function Monitor - P2370MS - Desktop Monitior - Monitor | SAMSUNG

LG With TV 23" M237WA DVI / HDMI / TV / Spkr Rs13400
M237WA LCD Monitor Computer Products

Samsung appears better, Please let me know which is the better option,
Old 16th April 2011, 18:50   #65
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best LCD monitor with TV?

[quote=dvprasad;2315928]Hi

These are the two options that i found on deltapage.com.

Samsung LCD TV 23" P2370MS Rs12900
Multi Function Monitor - P2370MS - Desktop Monitior - Monitor | SAMSUNG

LG With TV 23" M237WA DVI / HDMI / TV / Spkr Rs13400
M237WA LCD Monitor Computer Products

Better than these may be the Samsung PX2370. Should cost around 16-17K. If you are looking for better non-TN panels, options may be Dell Ultrasharp 2311 or 2410. However, l recently compared these with an Eizo Foris FS2331 and Dell monitors pale in comparison. Eizo FS2331 is for about 30-35K but is not available widely. Only from telephone call to Eizo, Delhi and my monitor took 4 weeks from payment to delivery. But worth it. Had a Samsung P2350 previously. Samsung is good but nothing special. Eizo may not be an option in a hurry as Eizo, Japan have stopped most shipments till around June 2011.

Last edited by vasudeva : 16th April 2011 at 18:53.
Old 17th April 2011, 14:30   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Got an LED monitor 2 hours back.
Here is the review - the system is mostly text viewing, editing and browsing machine.

And in between, I also got an Haier LED TV too; and I should confess that pic quality is better on the AOC monitor. Particularly, the blacks are better. One thing I am extremely unhappy with the AOC monitor is its controls - they are soft touch; and too much integrated with the stand, one needs to feel the entire base to activate them and activating the wrong button is too easy). This also means that I cannot separate the stand from the panel (for vertical mounting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvprasad View Post

Depending on the source for TV signals, you may be better off buying a monitor only model, with multiple inputs and a separate speaker system.

Especially if you have stb with HDMI / AV outputs.

Monitor only models cost only half of TV models.

Also, most LCD / flat panel TVs have VGA input too. (My 32in Haier TV has; and equivalent model costs approx 20K in Indian market).
Old 4th October 2011, 13:23   #67
BHPian

Need to purchase a Monitor

Hi
I have an 19'' monitor. I am planning to upgrade to 23'' LED. I have gone through the differences of LED and LCD and decided to buy LED. Now, there are so many options with minute spec changes which has totally confused me.
I use my computer mostly for development.

My priorities are

1) 23'' inches
2) Budget around 12 K
3) Good display which doesn't affect my eyes
4) Good addons - Like Light Sensor, USB

Please suggest, with your experience.
Also, please let me know, if there is noticeable difference between using VGA cable and DVI-D.

Much thanks in advance
Old 4th October 2011, 14:15   #68
BHPian

re: Computer monitor recommendations?

Hi Bull,
If I were you I would have bought an LCD / LED TV rather than the monitor alone. All LCD /LED TVs in the market have the VGA pins that can be connected from the PC.
Samsung, Sony, & LG would be my order of preference. I wouldnt go for a glossy screen on which I can see myself. I did this mistake while buying Sony NX500. It has an extra protective glass screen on top of the LCD. And I am only able to see myself when the room is illuminated (be it daylight or tube lamp).
Keeping the brightness at just sufficient levels can reduce strain on your eyes as well as the display device. The above info is just my opinion, stick to your preferences and comfort.
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 15:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi Bull,
If I were you I would have bought an LCD / LED TV rather than the monitor alone.
+1 to this. All the LCD/LED TVs come with at-least 1 HDMI input. If your computer has HDMI output, you don't need to break your head over VGA cable and DVI-D
Old 4th October 2011, 20:31   #70
BHPian

I got an Acer 22" LED monitor (16:9 ratio) for 7.5K. It comes with a VGA input, AVI input and HDMI input. It is highly VFM for its price. However, the blacks aren't true black, they're slightly gray. You need to understand this is a budget monitor. Also, no provision for USB., but it is extremely slim.
Old 4th October 2011, 20:44   #71
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread merged. Please have all your computer monitor related discussion here.
Old 4th October 2011, 23:56   #72
BHPian

I recently purchased a 20 inch AOC monitor for 5900 rs in pune. Got 400 rs further reduced in return for a 18 inch CRT Samsung monitor. AOC monitor is extremely slim and sometimes because of its slimness i feel it can be fragile while inclining the monitor to suit our needs. The display quality is satisfactory but I feel the viewing angle is less and so doesnot display the true colours if used as a TV( presently I use it as a makeshift tv with a Tv tuner card). Also It has touch type buttons and I couldnot find the button to change the colors. If we sit at odd angles the colors seem too dark. Might be I feel this because I am comparing it with my old Samsung CRT monitor. It has come with a 3 year warranty. Rest I am satisfied with the quality and reliability till now although early to say this.
Old 13th May 2012, 14:28   #73
BHPian

Has anybody used a AOC 27" LED monitor (Model e2795Vh)? I am planning to buy this for my desktop computer. Letsbuy retails it at Rs.16999/-. Not sure if we might get it cheaper elsewhere. If anybody has been using it, please let me know the experience

Thanks for your help
Old 24th December 2014, 15:58   #74
Team-BHP Support

Right now I use a 22 inch monitor whose max resolution is 1920x1080. I used to have a 27 inch iMac between 2010-2012, so this is a downgrade from me. But I have been living with it for lack of choice.

Recently I was looking at a screen share presentation, and the amount of stuff on my colleague in US astonished me. I asked him to show me the screen resolution, and I was stunned. His 15 inch laptop had a resolution of 3200x1800.

Why are all the PC monitors in India stuck in 1920x1080 ?
Old 24th December 2014, 16:14   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why are all the PC monitors in India stuck in 1920x1080 ?
Because the mainstream PC users (read home users) don’t need one with a higher resolution? That said, you do get displays with higher resolutions (including 4K) here. Just that they are a lot more expensive (40-50k) than the regular full-HD displays (10-15k).

I have a 7 year old Ultrasharp 24 incher with a PVA panel and a resolution of 1920 x 1200. Never felt the need to upgrade it so far. The warranty has run out ages back but it works fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks