Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2015, 17:27   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mobile operators in India | Plans, pricing & services

I took a secondary number for myself that is a digit different from my primary number however this is a recycled number which was probably used for years by someone else. I get loads of wrong numbers and Atleast 10 random smses daily from banks, restaraunts and other offers that this previous person probably had registered with. How can I put an end to this menace?

I have already signed up for DND service but it made no real difference. Pls help!!
Old 30th October 2015, 17:51   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Atleast 10 random smses daily from banks, restaraunts and other offers that this previous person probably had registered with. How can I put an end to this menace?

I have already signed up for DND service but it made no real difference. Pls help!!
For the messages, you could install an app like Truemessenger which blocks all the spam messages.
Old 31st October 2015, 19:19   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
For the messages, you could install an app like Truemessenger which blocks all the spam messages.
I can't find this app on the iOS App Store. Is it only for android?
Old 28th January 2016, 17:54   #94
BHPian

Re: Roaming plans?

I might be in Mumbai, coming week.
I belong to Airtel Karnataka circle and am on a prepaid number.

So are there any roaming plans for short visits? Please advise.
Old 8th March 2017, 09:23   #95
BHPian

Stop call charges on 'Toll Free' numbers!

I am posting this request on this thread because I did not find an appropriate thread.

Background:

I have made a petition on Change.org to request the TRAI to intervene and stop telecom operators from charging calls made to Toll free numbers.

The following is the content of my appeal:

"Most institutions in India use a 'Toll free' number for customers to call them.
As the name indicates, these numbers are 'Toll free', meaning the caller is not billed for calling these numbers either from a mobile phone or land line.
However, many telephone operators treat these 'Toll free' numbers as 'Special' numbers and bill them at a premium!

This goes against the principle of the numbers being 'Toll free'!
Even when a telephone customer subscribes to a package where all outgoing calls are free (local/STD/mobile/landline), they are STILL billed for calling these 'Toll free' numbers!

This petition is to request the Telephone Regulatory Authority of India to intervene and ensure that calls made to 'Toll free' numbers are not charged using any pretext whatsoever and remain genuinely 'Toll free'
The telecom companies are making a killing, not many telephone users actually notice that they are getting billed to call these 'Toll free' numbers!"

I just started the petition "Telecom Regulatory Authority of India: Stop call charges on 'Toll Free' numbers!" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support.

You can read more and sign the petition here:https://www.change.org/p/telecom-reg...ail_responsive

Thanks!

Mods - Please shift to another thread as required!
Old 8th March 2017, 09:39   #96
Senior - BHPian

Re: Stop call charges on 'Toll Free' numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
I have made a petition on Change.org to request the TRAI to intervene and stop telecom operators from charging calls made to Toll free numbers.

My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support.

Thanks!
Have been a sufferer of this malpractice. Good initiative from you. Have signed the petition and forwarded the message to a few of my friends too.
Old 8th March 2017, 09:41   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Have been a sufferer of this malpractice. Good initiative from you. Have signed the petition and forwarded the message to a few of my friends too.
Thanks DailyDriver, much appreciate!
Old 8th March 2017, 17:24   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I am posting this request on this thread because I did not find an appropriate thread.

Background:

The following is the content of my appeal:

"Most institutions in India use a 'Toll free' number for customers to call them.
As the name indicates, these numbers are 'Toll free', meaning the caller is not billed for calling these numbers either from a mobile phone or land line.
However, many telephone operators treat these 'Toll free' numbers as
I have noticed that the 1860xxxxx numbers are usually NOT toll free even though it seems to be. The 1800xxxxx numbers are totally toll free. Are you saying, you are being charged for the 1800 numbers?
Old 8th March 2017, 17:47   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
I have noticed that the 1860xxxxx numbers are usually NOT toll free even though it seems to be. The 1800xxxxx numbers are totally toll free. Are you saying, you are being charged for the 1800 numbers?
Yes, they are treated as 'Special' voice numbers are charged!

On one side, the Companies like say Max Bupa, pay service providers BSNL/MTNL/xxx to provide them toll free numbers and on the other side Airtel/Vodafone/XXX charge customers to call these 'toll free' numbers!

That's the irony!
And they have excuses like - no interconnect with BSNL/MTNL and the whole nine yards!

And in any case, what is the definition of a special number? Why can't it be a regular number?

Last edited by cpbopanna : 8th March 2017 at 17:52.
Old 8th March 2017, 18:50   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have made a petition on Change.org to request the TRAI to intervene and stop telecom operators from charging calls made to Toll free numbers. ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
I have noticed that the 1860xxxxx numbers are usually NOT toll free even though it seems to be. The 1800xxxxx numbers are totally toll free.
Check the contact details provided by the particular entity who is using these numbers. Often, there will be two numbers - one for BSNL / MTNL etc, and a separate toll-free number for calling from other networks.
Old 10th March 2017, 13:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

Got this SMS from airtel:

"Effective 8 Mar 2017, benefit on Rs 349 recharge for Airtel mobile has been revised. You get: Unlimited All Local + STD calls including Landline +28 GB Data(Data : 1 GB Daily) Validity: 28 days"

*There is a catch in 1GB daily - 500MB is available between 3AM & 5AM and remaining 500MB during rest of the hours.

500MB during day is still huge
Old 10th March 2017, 14:21   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Got this SMS from airtel:

"Effective 8 Mar 2017, benefit on Rs 349 recharge for Airtel mobile has been revised. You get: Unlimited All Local + STD calls including Landline +28 GB Data(Data : 1 GB Daily) Validity: 28 days"
Another chota plan is here:

Effective 3 Mar 2017, benefit on Rs 149 recharge for Airtel mobile has been revised. You get: Unlimited All Local A2A+ STD A2A calls including Landline +2 GB Data Validity: 28 days
Old 10th March 2017, 14:39   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Another chota plan is here:

Effective 3 Mar 2017, benefit on Rs 149 recharge for Airtel mobile has been revised. You get: Unlimited All Local A2A+ STD A2A calls including Landline +2 GB Data Validity: 28 days
Is this user specific? I paid 296 for unlimited mobile calls + 4GB Data last week and this looks even cheaper. However, my dad didnt get the 296 offer and he ended up with the 349 pack. Both of us are repeating the same recharge from last month.
Old 10th March 2017, 15:14   #104
Team-BHP Support

I got a mail from AirTel that they are launching data packs or something similar on 13th march [Holi]. Any of you got similar mail?
Quote:
We are celebrating your brand Airtel being declared India’s fastest mobile network. Coming from the world’s largest and most credible speed test organization, Ookla, this is no mean feat.
You know our celebrations would be incomplete without you. And we want to thank our valued postpaid customer, you, for being part of our journey. Because words don't suffice, we would like to give you an Airtel Surprise.
We are sending some free data your way, so that you can enjoy India’s fastest mobile network a little more. You will be able to enjoy this surprise starting March 13th by logging onto My Airtel app.
We hope the years to come bring with them more milestones that we cross together and many more moments that help strengthen our bond.
I want to extend my warmest wishes to you and your family on the festive occasion of Holi. Go ahead, claim your Airtel Surprise and share the celebrations with your loved ones.
Best regards,
Gopal Vittal
CEO, Bharti Airtel Ltd.
Old 10th March 2017, 17:18   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Is this user specific? I paid 296 for unlimited mobile calls + 4GB Data last week and this looks even cheaper. However, my dad didnt get the 296 offer and he ended up with the 349 pack. Both of us are repeating the same recharge from last month.
The 149/349 are universal plans. However, there is a catch in the 149 plan - only calls made to Airtel numbers are free . Therefore, the 349 plan is the hottest selling cake in the Airtel bakery.

The 296 plan is of course user specific. There are/were several such special offers in the ₹200-300 bracket.

For instance, in January and February, I recharged for ₹248. The benefit?
1. Full talk time.
2. 6 GB data for 28 days.

To know the best offers applicable to your number,
1. Dial *121#
2. Choose option 2 (Special offers)

Hope this helps .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks