Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2013, 21:54   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

Amazon launched its India web site, amazon.in today (Quietly) .

Here is the news link.

http://allthingsd.com/20130604/amazo...dvds-to-start/
Old 6th June 2013, 11:24   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

Saw something on FK which was out of stock with the company itself. Excitedly placed order only to see an error message stating that this item cannot be shipped to my location [trivandrum, kerala]! In all these years with multiple transactions, this has never happened.

Then i saw that it was being sold by a third party seller via FK :(
Old 6th June 2013, 11:57   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys,
A very shocking news for me to read.
Flipkart acquires Letsbuy and fashion retailer Myntra.com.
Here's the link for news.
Flipkart acquires Letsbuy, fashion retailer Myntra; raises Rs 100 crore - The Economic Times

Now , I have always bought things from Letsbuy. Infact, I preferred Letsbuy more due to their competitive prices, discount coupons, easy navigation through website and prompt service.
Infact I have never bought anything from Flipkart. I have bought things like Canon550D DSLR, Nokia phones, Hawkins utenstils, toy cars, etc.
Even ordered for Blackberry Playbook on Letsbuy. But it was not in stock and this is one thing they couldn't deliver though they offered a alternative device.
But now with Flipkart acquiring Letsbuy, are we staring at the end of competition. Frankly, Letsbuy must have been Flipkart's biggest headache.
I know many of you guys have bought lot of android phones from Letsbuy online. What do you feel about it ?Your comments !
Sorry for reviving Something this old. Glaring error in comprehension of this article. It clearly states that flip kart has acquired letsbuy and Myntra has raised 100crores in a separate transaction. :shocked to see nobody has pointed this out of the first few readers.

Myntra is still owned by its promoters.
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:39   #154
BHPian

Flipkart buys Myntra

Flipkart buys Myntra

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
I am also going to make a prediction here - Give it another year and Flipkart will be the largest online retailer in India.
I predicted this long ago; and here they are. Flipkart buys Myntra - http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0E117D20140522

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd May 2014 at 13:06. Reason: Adding title in bold. Thanks!
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:39   #155
BHPian

Re: Flipkart buys Myntra

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Flipkart buys Myntra

I predicted this long ago; and here they are. Flipkart buys Myntra - http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0E117D20140522
The more the market get consolidated and less competition, the price wars which gave benefit to customer, is going to end.

I think Ebay already have a big stake in snapdeal. So at a later time, Snapdeal may become part of Ebay. In future we may have only 3 biggies, Ebay,Amazon,Flipkart. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks