Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 09:31   #61
BANNED

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

I heard some rumours that FlipKart are in financial trouble?
Old 19th July 2012, 09:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

^^Might be.
But the way they are treating their employees does not make it look like that.
I yesterday saw Etios taxis plying as shuttle for their employees.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:04   #63
BHPian

the bad thing about flipkart is they dont have coupons and they tend to get greedy with prices for items that sell well.

For eg. i bought a laptop a week back and it was selling like hot cakes and in 4 days they increase its prices by 2500.

also the feedback in FK isnt a true system.they accept opinions about the flipkart purchase than the feedback on the products!!
on the contrary they quickly delete suggestions regarding poor sales or bad practices related to their website.
Old 19th July 2012, 19:49   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

They have revised the minimum order rate for free shipping again! Some time back they bumped it to 200 and now it's 300.
Old 19th July 2012, 19:55   #65
Team-BHP Support

Also, have they finally killed LB? I was today trying to reach LB after a long time. Nada. It's gone, vanished...
Old 19th July 2012, 20:04   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Also, have they finally killed LB? I was today trying to reach LB after a long time. Nada. It's gone, vanished...
not only killed the site but laid off all the guys going by the news report.
Old 19th July 2012, 20:16   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What are you saying?! What did they buy that site for in that case? Looks like that article on why they bought LB was true after all!
Old 19th July 2012, 21:12   #68
Senior - BHPian

It really doesn't look like Flipkart is in trouble.

Their delivery time for books they obtain from foreign vendors has gone down drastically. Earlier, they used to take 14-20 days to deliver a book obtained from a foreign publisher. Now the delivery time has reduced to 8 days(from the date of order confirmation).

Just last week I got this book from them(within 8 days from order date).
Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!-121.jpg
Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!-122.jpg
Old 19th July 2012, 22:18   #69
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They did that. Some of those guys are now in our office
Old 19th July 2012, 22:55   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
They have revised the minimum order rate for free shipping again! Some time back they bumped it to 200 and now it's 300.
Yes, checked the price of book 'story of philosophy' and flipkart and indiaplaza, there was a marginal difference of Rs. 7. Since I already have an activity a/c with flipkart i went head and placed an order, only to find shipping charge or Rs. 30/-. Jumped ship to indiaplaza and have saved Rs. 37 on a Rs. 215 book.
And indiaplaza has delivered the book in a days time...

Lesson learnt, don't blindly go by flipkart rates for books, they are not among the cheapest anymore...
Old 19th July 2012, 23:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Letsbuy site now is redirecting all the traffic to flipkart.
I remember I bought the 2 TB drive from Letsbuy and saved Rs 990. And got coupons worth Rs 200. I think the way Flipkart goes from here will illustrate the difference between the thinking of Indian minds and the Jeff Bezos of Amazon.
Old 20th July 2012, 09:28   #72

FlipKart offers products which are at least 30-40 Rs less than all other online shopping sites. I happened to order AVG antivirus from FlipKart which cost me 544 bucks and the same in AVG site was offered at 1300 , how come so much difference?
Old 20th July 2012, 23:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMaster View Post
FlipKart offers products which are at least 30-40 Rs less than all other online shopping sites. I happened to order AVG antivirus from FlipKart which cost me 544 bucks and the same in AVG site was offered at 1300 , how come so much difference?
How can you call the official AVG site as "all other online shopping sites"? The official site will obviously sell for the MRP and even physical stores will give a better price than that.

Please mention which all sites you checked the price from before making sweeping statements and misleading people.
Old 21st July 2012, 10:14   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How can you call the official AVG site as "all other online shopping sites"? The official site will obviously sell for the MRP and even physical stores will give a better price than that.

Please mention which all sites you checked the price from before making sweeping statements and misleading people.
I am not misleading any one here buddy. I am not a promoter of flipkart and all other shopping sites I meant were like snapdeal and few others I searched via google. Wanted to order baby products where I compared the prices and there were clearly a difference of 30 to 40 bucks.
Cheers!!
Old 21st July 2012, 18:00   #75
BHPian

Buying books on flipkart doesnt save much anymore. For an order or 5 books, the prices are Rs.987 (flipkart), Rs. 864 (bookadda) and Rs. 743 (homeshop18).

The difference between flipkart and homeshop18 is too high to ignore. Service of homeshop18 is very good. Got the books within 2 days of ordering and were packed very well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks