Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2012, 15:21   #106
BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

Got a Lowepro Camera bag delivered from Flipkart today. And my experience was good.

Flipkart has to seriously get the pricing right since the competitors are offering better deals now for almost all the products
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:20   #107
BHPian

re: Flipkart takes over Letsbuy. End of Competition? EDIT: Flipkart now buys Myntra!

Guys,I am looking to buy the Manhattan GMAT strategy guide,Flipkart is quoting 10,111Rs and Homeshop18 at 10,900 odd Rs,is there any other website where I can get it cheaper?
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:33   #108
BHPian

You can try these site with quotes of around 8K.

http://www.nbcindia.com/books/1-manh...inc/098417804X

http://www.infibeam.com/Books/info/m...984178049.html

http://www.bookadda.com/books/manhat...ID=BA-547A199D
Old 23rd September 2012, 11:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

A big thumbs down to Flipkart.
Indian mentality of treating consumers shabbily raising its head now that flipkart is well established. Its in our genes.

Why my rant?
I ordered a Laptop. (This was my second order. Previous one about a year and half ago when Flipkart was still in process of getting a good name, went fine.)

They could not deliver the laptop on time.
I cancelled the order on 4th September.
They said it will take 7-10 business days to credit money back to my card.
On 22nd Sept I receive the mail that it has been credited to my Wallet.
I now have to pay the credit card company.
For the uninitiated Wallet is a concept of keeping your money in Flipkart so that you can use that instead of card when you want to buy something.

All my previous interactions with the Customer support guys revolved around when the money will be credited to my credit card. Now where does this "WALLET" come into picture.

Now they say they will take another 7-10 working days to move the money from the WALLET to the credit card.

Nice going Flipkart. No more business with you.
Old 23rd September 2012, 12:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

I ordered a Logitech webcam from Infibeam.
I found the price to be cheaper than any site on the web. I placed the order on Thursday, got delivery on Saturday. They kept sending emails on status and the packaging was great too, although it was a Nov 2011 manufactured piece.
Good experience, thumbs up..
Old 23rd September 2012, 12:07   #111
Senior - BHPian

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S Advance from Flipkart on Sep 19th, and the phone was delivered on 22nd, 2 days ahead of the assured date.

This is my second purchase from them. I'd bought a Defy from Letsbuy in June 2011, and the delivery was within 3 days. At least I am delighted on this front.

But my question is what happens to those rare cases where the item is found to be defective soon after purchase? Is there a process in place for returning the item, or should one go to the authorized service center with the invoice?
Old 23rd September 2012, 13:01   #112
BHPian

^^ Let me share my experience from Letsbuy.

Let year i had ordered a panasonic cordless phone from Letsbuy. The phone was delivered in 2 working days. But when i opened the box i found the phone to be a used one with dirt, dialled numbers etc. I called the customer care and also emailed them about it. They were prompt in their responses and delivered a brand new phone and took the old phone.
Old 23rd September 2012, 13:06   #113
BHPian

Sir the webstes above are quoting the previous 4th edition.Thanks a lot I booked the 5th edition from Amazon for 7k+
Old 26th September 2012, 17:39   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

But my question is what happens to those rare cases where the item is found to be defective soon after purchase? Is there a process in place for returning the item, or should one go to the authorized service center with the invoice?
I had recently ordered a Nokia phone from Flipkart and as usual delivery was fast. After using it for a week or so, the phone just stopped working. I mailed Flipkart support and they were prompt in replying to my mail and prompt in sending a replacement phone. The guy who delivered the replacement phone took the defective one back. So, as far as Flipkart is concerned, a positive experience though their prices are a bit steep compared to other online retailers.
Old 26th September 2012, 18:10   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
I had recently ordered a Nokia phone from Flipkart and as usual delivery was fast. After using it for a week or so, the phone just stopped working. I mailed Flipkart support and they were prompt in replying to my mail and prompt in sending a replacement phone. The guy who delivered the replacement phone took the defective one back. So, as far as Flipkart is concerned, a positive experience though their prices are a bit steep compared to other online retailers.
That is nice to know. Even I am getting a replacement because my daughter complained that from day 2 onwards, if the phone was left inactive for sometime, it would not switch on by pressing the power button. She needed to remove the battery and insert it again.

Flipkart was prompt in trying to troubleshoot, and when nothing worked, have agreed to a replacement. I am expecting the replacement in a couple of days. I am thanking my stars for choosing Flipkart over Sulekha, though the latter was cheaper by one grand.

BTW, I was shocked to see that there are many complaints of Samsung Galaxy S series having the same complaint as my daughter.
Old 26th September 2012, 19:04   #116
BHPian

i dont understand why some of the folks here call up flipkart for defective pieces after few days use.usually the respective brand service centres take the defective parts and either repair or replace it.

this is unless there was a condition where flipkart was providing their own warranty(seller warranty) and as far as i know flipkart provides only manufacture warranty and not seller warranty.
Old 26th September 2012, 19:23   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i dont understand why some of the folks here call up flipkart for defective pieces after few days use.usually the respective brand service centres take the defective parts and either repair or replace it.
I guess it is because of this, the 30 Day Replacement Guarantee policy. Taken from flipkart.com's Cancellations & Returns policy. IMHO, this along with the transit insurance is a huge peace of mind for the online customer, especially for the ones who buys costly gadgets.

Quote:
What is the 30 Day Replacement Guarantee? How do I get a defective item, ordered on Flipkart.com, replaced?

All physical products sold on www.flipkart.com are covered under our 30 Day Replacement Policy. Notify us of any manufacturing defects or product damages at the time of delivery or within 30 days from the date of delivery, and we will issue a brand new replacement to you at no extra cost.

Last edited by thoma : 26th September 2012 at 19:32.
Old 27th September 2012, 17:25   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post

this is unless there was a condition where flipkart was providing their own warranty(seller warranty) and as far as i know flipkart provides only manufacture warranty and not seller warranty.
Like thoma said above, when the seller is giving you a 30 day replacement guarantee, whats the point of breaking your head with the respective brand's service deptt? In case of phones, I don't think any manufacturer would be so prompt to replace your set.

Flipkart's return policy is good. I had once received few corrupted DVDs. They replaced it within a week.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 27th September 2012 at 17:30.
Old 27th September 2012, 18:10   #119
BHPian

i was specially talking about phones.
from my personal experience,i had a faulty samsung SII phone which i gave to the samsung service centre after 5 days due to screen issues.
it took 3 days for replacement and i was entitled to a replacement phone(a low end phone) in meantime.
i dont think flipkart gives replacement phones.
this comes as bonus to those who replace their phone and not have back-up phones.

I personally have had only good dealings with flipkart but their pricing and attitude to hide the true ' In Stock' info is their big negatives.
Old 27th September 2012, 18:17   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S Advance from Flipkart on Sep 19th, and the phone was delivered on 22nd, 2 days ahead the invoice?
They i.e. Flipkart do mention a 30 day period in which they will attend to any shortcomings in the product from the date of delivery.

http://www.flipkart.com/s/help/cancellation-returns

Post the 30 day period the respective brand's service warranty will kick in I guess.

As an aside today I had written to 3 online retailers - Flipkart/Infibeam/Sulekha- WRT their refund policy in the event they are not able to provide a replacement for the product purchased from them, should such a replacement be required.

As of this moment only Flipkart have responded with categorical timelines for processing such refunds. To me that is a big plus if a retailer states in clear categorical statements how they will return your money should such an eventuality arise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks