Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 22:57   #2971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
When some transmissions contains a lot and lot of noise I try to switch to stations which transmit clear music pleasing to ears and soul.
Truth is seldom pleasing to ears and soul.

Quote:
To make my point simple, going back a bit - this statement is still very very wrong.
I offered an Experiment that you can do with normal household items. Then I put pictures for the proof since no-one is willing to do the experiment.

Maybe if you switch your channel to reality, you will understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax
So it’s natural that many of us folks fail to distinguish between bullsh***ing and real expert talk and some seem to take advantage of this.
Then again the stuff i am slinging here, you really don't even need to read my posts. Since all i will be doing is taking advantage of you.

EDIT: I didn't made a generic statement and my point was towards errors but due to pleasent music it might be hard for you to comprehend.

I was specifically talking about ADC's in Imaging Sensors. But your own posts makes it clear that how confiused you are yourself about ADC's. Nothing wrong, majority stay confused when it comes to Sampling rate and Aliasing.

How do you explain continuous operation when you yourself said there is no continuous operation???

But since u put the point of different uses, you should also put forward the different structures and types and Quantization error and then would like to explain how dithering will affect the HOT pixels.

If you read your post again, you contradict yourself, then again, you always jump the gun and edit later. Oh well, you edited it already.

I am happy, even if you didn't learnt anything, you got entertained. Don't worry, you put a valid point for others to think the operation of ADC's. Now atleast someone will jump out of the safety zone and start researching and learning

Last edited by it_inspector : 1st February 2010 at 23:16. Reason: Multi Quoting.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:33   #2972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
How do you explain continuous operation when you yourself said there is no continuous operation???

But since u put the point of different uses, you should also put forward the different structures and types and Quantization error and then would like to explain how dithering will affect the HOT pixels.

If you read your post again, you contradict yourself, then again, you always jump the gun and edit later. Oh well, you edited it already.

I am happy, even if you didn't learnt anything, you got entertained. Don't worry, you put a valid point for others to think the operation of ADC's. Now atleast someone will jump out of the safety zone and start researching and learning
I don't intend to fight over this. Please do not think so foolishly that myself and other people around do not know about what we are talking about. I am an electronics engineer.

Now, this is not for you, for the other poor readers to understand.

I took three shots of the same subject in RAW with three different WB settings - this was how these were displayed in the camera LCD. I have written the White Balance setting at the time of shooting under each pic.

The DSLR Thread-wbinlcd.jpg

Now these are those three individual shots with white balance corrected to achieve the exact same white balance look.

Name:  DSC07735.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  79.8 KB

The DSLR Thread-dsc07736.jpg

The DSLR Thread-dsc07737.jpg

Again Dear readers, WB settings at the time of RAW shooting does not matter at all.

Last edited by clevermax : 1st February 2010 at 23:35.
Old 1st February 2010, 23:42   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
I don't intend to fight over this. Please do not think so foolishly that myself and other people around do not know about what we are talking about. I am an electronics engineer.
Excellent, since your an electronics engineer you should be able to explain it better than me. I did study physics at RMIT but that was only as a hobby and interest and i am no electronics engineer.

Quote:

My question stands.

Altough you felt i was making fun, I am actually not making fun of your post. I am being quite serious.

And I am sorry you again failed to understand my point. The experiment was to work with different lights while shooting and not different settings. While we shoot at studio, our setting stay same, f5.6, 1/250, Custom White Balance (according to the strobes) at ISO 100. You should try it again but this time put a blue and a green plastic bag over the lamp. Then try adjusting it.

Again, I am sorry if you feel i was making fun, I surely am not.

Thanks
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:22   #2974
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector
(yes i got the time, since i am not even allowed to leave my bed for next few months).
Sad to hear this. Wish you a speedy recovery. And yes, I was expecting a long reply from you.

Remember what I said before and reply keeping that very fact in mind.

Few points here:

1. There are members who are into photography in their own way. They do it because they love the subject.

2. There could be only two reasons for them to know more than what they know now. (A) They have shot something and they feel it can be bettered but they don’t know how. (B) They have some technical issues regarding their equipments or post processing and what have you.

3. And there are members who want to buy cameras and start shooting what they like.

4. Barring few, none of them are going to take photography as their profession.

5. Not many are going to break their head for getting some great prints on archival papers. Hobby and cost equation for that simply doesn’t work in this country. Majority is not going to invest on high quality colour calibrated monitor and super duper machine. For them it’s a luxury beyond any emotional justification.

6. In today’s context sharing and exchanging photos through internet is the key. No wonder one doesn’t get to see a good colour lab or good a printing set up so easily any more. Sharing images on internet does not require massive technical knowledge or so called proper equipment. So while telling somebody “I use Cooper's Hill method or PEC pads. But both are a bit expensive” sounds truly off tune.

7. Share something here which all can learn from. Guide people properly to take good pictures. Show them. Not through site links but what you’ve done to achieve that. That’s what’s needed.

8. Do not worry too much. Share with open heart. That’s why we are here.

9. One who is too insistent on his own views, finds few to agree with him. - Lao Tzu (Check internet if you don't know who's this)

Quote:
Yes Hot pixels appear on the same place.
Well if you insist. I say no here.
Quote:
Did you bothered to notice that all of the supposed hot pixels in your pictures are in DARK SPOTS.
I did. In fact I didn’t post few pictures where I saw hot pixels in different areas. That makes no difference. I know why hot pixels happen and I also know how to get rid of them before handing them over to my clients.
Quote:
You should read on ADC errors then.
I’ve read ADC errors. So how does that improve my shooting situation? I need to do what I need to do within that given time and money.
Quote:
Quite the opposite, What Concert photographers do is actually very important,
According to who?
Quote:
that is if one understands what they are doing.
See, what I mean. It’s really easy to talk in air. Difficult to articulate.

Quote:
I am being real.
No, you’re not. Get up and see where you are.
Quote:
Can you point out other REAL COLOR CALIBRATION any members here can perform in REAL LIFE without buying units like Colormunki/Spyder3. I only put up the example and experiment in HOPE to teach members to get FREE CALIBRATION which otherwise they cannot afford.
I cannot. Because most of them are common people and I can’t even imagine in my wildest dreams as what you’re talking or suggesting to them.
Quote:
Maybe I was wrong to think to help others.
Not wrong but overtly prejudiced.
Quote:
Here is an example of what Custom White Balance can do. Poth pictures straight from the camera, no PP except Cropping and resizing.
Can’t see any of them. But hallo! What are you trying to show me? The difference between auto white balance and custom white balance? I don’t need to see them. If I have a difficulty I’ll find my way.
Quote:
Maybe I am an Idiot to think members here will benefit from it.
Benefit? You should have asked this question to yourself, long back.
Quote:
I didn't knew i said anything about highend cameras. I quite agree with you, someone with creative mind can right technique can produce better results with a Holga than someone with no creative mind and using H3D
Phew!! We agree somewhere you see!
Quote:
Actually searching internet is dependent on the user. There is both garbage and gold on the internet
Absolutely. Relevance is the key here.
Quote:
Please search for “The Big Issue Homeless World Cup Melbourne 2009” in Flickr.
Seen. Very nice pictures. Nothing extraordinary. What are you trying to communicate?
Quote:
This was the first time a group of Amateurs were allowed to go where Pros go and shoot. Pros were kicked out and only these guys were allowed to shoot.
What’s the connection?
Quote:
Anyone with keen eyes should be able to find few shots which have been circling publications of a goalkeeper who is stopping a goal but being photographed by Amateurs from more than 4 different angles at the same time and no this was not planned, whole point was to let a group of amateurs go wild with their kits and it was a blast for them.
I seriously suggest you should take a break. Your satement above has no relevance in this discussion.
Quote:
No, you’re not sounding rude. Everyone gets flabbergasted when non-traditional information is dumped on them and it could be my fault, since i dont give information like I am feeding someone.
Not everyone but me and that’s a correction for you.
Quote:
I expect others to earn it by going through the links and experiments i post.
Do not post only links. Teach, if you know. That’s your duty as a human being.
Quote:
And the sad fact is, no one knew any better and it worked. It worked so good that there is no REAL International Standards for Camera and Imaging Sensors till this day.
Let’s stick to this and produce some images. For others to get inspiration.
Quote:
Only actual world Standards for Sensors at the moment are derived from "Sensors and Actuators standards" at IEEE and "Visual Display Standards" at ISO. None of which actually help standardise DSLR's but helps Manufacturers cover defects with things like Dark Frame Subtraction.
How does this matter? They keep making and we keep buying.
Quote:
In order to confirm it, all one needs to do is to perform Dark Frame Subtraction manually in Photoshop.
You said it! So now can we move and create some pictures?
Quote:
In the end it’s your decision to get conned or open your eyes and understand the situation. And the bad thing about both OTH and SEX are not when you take out the taboo and try to understand them.
They do understand the situation. They’re only worried about unnecessary holocaust.
Quote:
Those 2 resources are one of the worse to follow. Kenrockwell himself makes it clear that he likes to make up things from thin air and has a brain of troubled 9yr old.
This quote is from your post # 2928.
Quote:
1. Even the persons who know Mr.Kenrockwell personally make it clear that's he is not cocky.
And now this! Are you there?
Quote:
Truth is seldom pleasing to ears and soul.
I’m glad that you’ve typed this. We‘re all there to know the truth.
Quote:
I offered an Experiment that you can do with normal household items. Then I put pictures for the proof since no-one is willing to do the experiment.
Can we see some real stuff here instead of all these?
Quote:
Maybe if you switch your channel to reality, you will understand.
This is exactly what I’m suggesting. Take note.

it_inspector, few more points before I close this reply after a long tiring day.

1.Once again be real.
2.Observe the ground. Assimilate. Reply. Suggest.
3.Internet is not the answer for every photography situation.
4.Share if you can. Not from internet. Anybody can go there if one wishes. Share your experience, that is.

This is my last and final reply to your post/s. Be real once again.
And get well soon.
Old 2nd February 2010, 03:21   #2975
BHPian

@Rudra Sen

First of all I never expected you to answer and its not changing anytime soon.

Secondly I know who Lao Tzu is, but i believe in something else.

Third, I am not going to bother to reply to you as you changed more than half the things you said yourself.

And the fact is, I have had enough of Moderators here, People who break sentences to make there own meaning and bend rules to set double standards.

I will say one thing however, point i put forward with "Big Issue" was that when Amateur's are given proper chance and push, they can create something extraordinary. But you said yourself that the pics were not extraordinary. I say you failed to understand the pics.

It wasn't me or those Amateurs, it was those people who woke up 2am to collect food from the restaurents and spend there valueble time to create food for the homeless and they were all there feeding the homeless in those pictures. It was the 55yr old playing football to raise awareness and the organisers who kicked out Professionals and lost money to make a stand, but like I said you missed it.

Nothing bad about it, your just being a traditional indian. A traditional Indian professional who knows what to do to earn money but not really how to take the profession to next generation for the fear of loosing the money.

Cheers

Last edited by it_inspector : 2nd February 2010 at 03:23.
it_inspector is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:17   #2976
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know who Lao Tzu is, but i believe in something else.
And I can really see that belief.
Quote:
Third, I am not going to bother to reply to you as you changed more than half the things you said yourself.
I haven’t changed anything from what I said before. Read properly before you write.
Quote:
I will say one thing however, point i put forward with "Big Issue" was that when Amateur's are given proper chance and push, they can create something extraordinary. But you said yourself that the pics were not extraordinary. I say you failed to understand the pics.

It wasn't me or those Amateurs, it was those people who woke up 2am to collect food from the restaurents and spend there valueble time to create food for the homeless and they were all there feeding the homeless in those pictures. It was the 55yr old playing football to raise awareness and the organisers who kicked out Professionals and lost money to make a stand, but like I said you missed it.
Are you talking about their effort? Yes I can empathize. And about those snaps? They’re nice and clean event records and nothing more than that.
And yes it is my own view and understanding. You don’t necessarily have to agree here.
Quote:
Nothing bad about it, your just being a traditional indian. A traditional Indian professional who knows what to do to earn money but not really how to take the profession to next generation for the fear of loosing the money.
Of course I am a traditional Indian and I’m proud about that. And about my professional side? Let’s keep that out of this thread and forum.

And let me point this out that you’ve made a comment without knowing me or my background.
Quote:
And the fact is, I have had enough of Moderators here, People who break sentences to make there own meaning and bend rules to set double standards.
We don’t appreciate discussion on moderators actions on open forum. And this one as I see a repeat from your side once again.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:30   #2977
Team-BHP Support

This is the wikipedia article about defective pixels
Defective pixel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This makes a passing reference to CCDs. Now lets find what this article is about? Well its about a standard called ISO-13406-2
Now lets find out what is this standard
ISO 13406-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ISO 13406-2:2001 - Ergonomic requirements for work with visual displays based on flat panels -- Part 2: Ergonomic requirements for flat panel displays

This standard does not care, or even mention CCDs or Camera sensors. This is entirely about Flat Panel displays!
But unfortunately, all the "FACTS" about hot pixels in cameras are being quoted from this article.

But you cannot argue against someone who has made up his mind.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:13   #2978
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is Called ADC error

2. If I am not sure then I should burn my DMC's from RMIT. Hot Pixels cannot be displayed in viewfinder, they show during post processing.
Please do not burn your DMC on my account. The "hot pixels" noticed by me were on a 46" LCD TV. the memmory chip from the camera was stuck in to a 60GB PS3 machine (I believe the new PS3s do not have a memory card reader) and the PS3 was connected to a TV. Maybe what I saw was not hot pixels but they did not appear in the smae place and there are many photos that did not have any visible hot pixels.

I prefer to focus on the subject. I really wish cameras had software inside them that could eliminate noises of this sort.

Quote:
All ADCs fail after one second of continuous use?.
huh? That is not possible. I know very little about photography but ADCs and DACs I know well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
1. There are members who are into photography in their own way. They do it because they love the subject.
How did you know Rudra-da? My subject is my son and his loony friends

Last edited by navin : 2nd February 2010 at 12:16.
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:09   #2979
Senior - BHPian

guys, this discussion is going south. you're just gonna scare them members away! most of what you guys have been arguing about (99% of it) has gone way over our heads (at least mine), so what was the point of it to begin with? i don't think it contributed to anything. me thinks this kind of argument should be taken offline. IMHO.

now, can we all just end this argument about who's right and who's not?

sometimes, being right is not always right. food for thought.
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:09   #2980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...your just being a traditional indian. A traditional Indian professional who knows what to do to earn money but not really how to take the profession to next generation for the fear of loosing the money.
This is the worst and the most immature thing I have ever read in this entire forum till today.

We are here to learn from each other, so whats there to waste so much of energy and time to prove oneself right ? If you tell me "shaju, you are totally wrong", either I must prove it right in a single post with enough examples or just leave it for another ocasion. I think this back to back post is going on from last 3 pages and I can gurantee not a single reader of my grade would understand any head or tail out of all this, forget benefitting from it.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 2nd February 2010 at 14:27. Reason: Editing out the australia part
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:17   #2981
BHPian

I agree with Shaju. The funny part is that most of us here discuss camera and technology to such a large extent but not composition techniques and styles. And I believe in "An acre of performance is worth a world of promises". Honestly, going through the links might help me understand all the stuff written here, but would it make me a better photographer? I doubt. And when I finally get there and I know what I want to shoot, would I still care? May be yes, may be not. Finally, it's the photograph and the story behind evey photo that matters to me. I'd never look at a photograph and ask custom WB or fixed it in PS? I don't care.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:25   #2982
BHPian

Finally I am reading some good english, i do not follow greek or latin, especially when it comes to photography.
@Hellwrath
Could not agree with you any more. No wonder my good friend always tells me "Talk less, click more, then let the click do the talking"
Regards,
TG.

Last edited by Torqueguru : 2nd February 2010 at 14:29.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:33   #2983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Finally, it's the photograph and the story behind evey photo that matters to me. I'd never look at a photograph and ask custom WB or fixed it in PS? I don't care.
this, i totally agree with! a picture is worth a thousand words and that's what i try to achieve in my photographs.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:36   #2984
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
I agree with Shaju. The funny part is that most of us here discuss camera and technology to such a large extent but not composition techniques and styles.
I have become very quiet in this thread because of the same reason. Wish we discussed composition as fiercely as camera technology. However, composition can't be googled, it has to be felt.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:41   #2985
Senior - BHPian

to all those begining with DSLRs, heres a link i found which might help you kickstart your photography: Enjoy! Digital SLR Camera

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks